Being messed about by furniture store - what can I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time poster alert!

I ordered some furniture back in oct 28th at Reid Furniture which consisted of 3+2 seater sofa, a bedroom set and two coffee tables. On 20th December after many attempts to chase up the order I was told the two coffee table's were unavailable for pre-xmas delivery and they can only get the sofa's and bedroom set on 23rd dec. I was seriously not happy here and tried to cancel only told i would lose my £200 deposit. I needed the furniture for xmas so paid the remaining balance (order value £2000).

On delivery day they only delivered the bedroom set (which the boxes were damp and damaged) and later found out that the sofa had never been booked in for delivery. My guests on xmas day had no where to sit and it was a embarrassment for me since i was entertaining in my new house. I went in the store in boxing day to try and cancel the order and get a full refund and compensation. The manager said i need to get it in writing which i did but customer services were not opened until 31st dec. Come 31st i phone CS, no one answered and got in touch with store manager again only to be told they dont open till the 3rd january:x . Anyway i got in touch with CS today through the store manager (after having a rant in the store) and they have agreed to cancel the sofa set and coffee tables. But the bedroom cannot be cancelled because its been delivered. They were quite adament that unless i open it and check its been damaged they wont refund me. but my issue is more that i'm not satisfied with their service and wanting to cancel. can anyone advice me what are my rights in this situation? and what next steps i can take?

also, i am in scotland if that makes any difference

With xmas now gone you should now get answers from the company...

When you ordered the said items, i take it you were informed of the delivery times, suites nowadays can take anything up to 10 wks for delivery, dependant upon which company ordered from, looking at reids website, the delivery is free of charge, and collection can be arranged if required, the site also has a availability section, which tells you when items will be ready before ordering, hence if you needed a item quickly then you could have bought at another store, the below info might also help you....

What if my order is late?

You should have been given an estimated delivery time. If it changes, we will let you know straight away. While Reid Furniture cannot be held liable for any delays which are beyond our control, we will make every effort to keep you informed. If you have any delivery problems, please contact us in the UK e-mail at [email protected] or telephone 0141 303 7227. In Northern Ireland or Eire email us at [email protected] or 02890 783704 Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm.

What if I wish to cancel my online order before delivery?

Items from Stock.

If, after having placed your stock order, you have a change of heart for whatever reason, you may cancel your order at any time prior to delivery. All you need to do is advise us in writing either by post or fax 0141 810 3246 or by e-mailing us in the UK at in the UK e-mail us at [email protected] or in Northern Ireland or Eire at [email protected] .Once we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation, you will receive a full refund using the same method as your original payment. A cancellation notice, together with your receipt, will be posted to your nominated address.

Since you ordered in OCT you have had plenty of time to either cancel your order, or chase up the delivery, leaving such untill the end of DEC didnt leave much scope for the company to act before closing for the xmas holidays....

You state that some items arrived, with the boxes damp and damaged, WHY did you sign for them, if you saw them damaged, you should have refused the delivery, and contacted the company straight away.

Returns and Exchanges

What do I do if my furniture arrives damaged?

Naturally we endeavour to deliver all our furniture in good condition. At Reid Furniture we have spent many hours talking to our suppliers about packing and shipping our products so they arrive safely. We are constantly looking for ways to improve these standards. Our stores also pride themselves on having the best delivery teams in the business.

It is disappointing for you and us when occasionally things go wrong. When your order has been unwrapped in your home and there are signs of transit damage, this is what to expect:

i. If the furniture is useable, despite the damage, we are happy for you to go ahead and use it.

ii. The Reid Furniture delivery team will complete an incident report form to record the problem. They will ask you to sign it. They may also take photographs to accompany the paperwork.

iii. The Incident Report form will be returned to the delivering store. It will be logged against your order number, and assessed for action.

iv. A Reid Furniture technician will contact you and arrange to visit and repair the problem to manufacturing standards, generally within 7 days. If he/she cannot resolve the matter on the first visit and parts are required, we will endeavour to source them as quickly as possible.

v. In the event that a repair cannot be made, your statutory rights are not affected. We will replace the furniture.

vi. You are welcome to contact us at any time in the UK e-mail us at [email protected] or telephone 0141 303 7227. In Northern Ireland or Eire email us at [email protected] or 02890 783704 Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm.

Your statutory rights are not affected

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 5 years later...

I have been building furniture for 9 years in peoples homes andhave seen this problem a lot, especially earlier this year in May and June. I think many suppliers were caught on the hop and didn't expect the rise in orders. I had lots of customers cancelling my work because a delivery had not arrived. Anyhow I decided to do something about it - give the customer what they want at my website [unauthorised website removed], so far it is going well, basically I deliver it within 3 weeks, I install it and any problems I am there to deal with in your home face to face. No shirking from me!

Edited by honeybee13
Website details.

Hi

aside from the fact your post has come up with lots of gobbledegook this thread is nearly 6 years old

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE