PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have received my first correspondance from VCS, "Notice of Intent to Issue Court Proceedings", or pay £120 within 14 days. I am still very willing to ignore, however, if it was taken any further I am not sure what angle I would be able to fight from. Apart from the fact that they are supposed to be a member of the British Parking Association, yet they ignore the fact that it is advised that the maximum charge should be £75,

B10.6 Setting parking charges for breach of contract is a matter

for operators. These charges will be reviewed every April

by the AOS Board.

In our opinion:

The standard parking charge should not exceed £75

including any discount for early payment. The maximum

Parking Charge or face value of the ticket must not

exceed £150.

and they charge £80, would that be enough. Because other than that, I don't think I have an argument, so am not sure if I am doing the right thing.

Anyway, I am guessing I am to ignore this first letter?

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep IGNORE

as for British Parking Association, there just a crowd of no-bodies set up to protect their members the PPC's

Think of the BPA as the parking equivalent of the Thieves Guild in the Terry Pratchett books.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have now received my second letter from these guys "Final Demand Prior to Court Action". Should I now look at writing back to them stating that I will not be paying and why?

Cheers :-)

Hi all, I have now received my second letter from these guys "Final Demand Prior to Court Action". Should I now look at writing back to them stating that I will not be paying and why?

Cheers :-)

No, just keep ignoring. Don't get drawn into their stupid game.

Write one letter only and make It good and comprehensive. Tell them to cease and desist and that your so called appeal should be held through the court system. At least if they are stupid enough to go to court, you Iate sgown willing to deal with the situation. It is better protocol.

• 2 months later...

hi i am new to this forum but have spent a good couple of hours going through various threads regarding vehicle "con"trol services.

I recieved a parking ticket from these guys last year whilst parked in my own parking spot in a council owned building. When i left the vehicle an appropriate permit was displayed (have independent witness to this). When i returned to my car i found a parking charge notice on the windscreen and that the permit had fallen of the window, so I sent them a letter explaining this withing 7 days. After which i recieved a letter demanding i pay up within 7 days or the would take me to court and i would get other charges added on from £80 to £120 plus any court costs. I rang the guys up spoke to some chinese bloke explained the situation he was not having any of it, so i said i will see you in court as i dispute the charge. Since last year 07/2007 i have recieved no correstpondence from this company demanding anything untill about 3 days ago when i recieved a leter from ruxburge debt agency demanding I pay £161. I rang them up and told them that i did not know what they were demanding as i do not have a debt the amount is in dispute and that they should refer back to vcs as the amount/charge is disputed.

any suggestions as my way forward

Hi, I have also now received a letter form Roxburge saying I need to pay £161, or they will be asking Graham White to review the case for legal action. I have searched both of these names and there are forums everywhere saying the same thing, to ignore. I can't get over how many people are having this type of problem and nothing is being done to stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. i'm new to the forum, blah blah...

got an £80 fine today from this company today. i didn't see the signs telling me i needed a permit until i returned to my car. they were pretty clear, i just wasn't paying attention. i know i was technically in the wrong so if i do ignore all their letters and they do the unthinkable and take me to court, do i have a leg to stand on...?

in a very early post on this thread somebody mentioned the excel mansfield case. excel and vcs are (i'm 99% sure...) the same company. they operate under the same roof in cemetery road in sheffield. why do i know this? i worked there for 2 weeks about 3 or 4 years ago, inputting the info of these vile pieces of paper. i apologise to you all but i was temping and desperate...

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to thank folk for the advice offered in this thread.

My wife received an £80 PCN from Vehicle Control Services on bonfire night, whilst visiting a Chesterfield Council bonfire with our child. We have completely ignored the PCN, but we did contact Chesterfield Council to seek their opinion on the matter.

They are furious that VCS have ticketed so many motorists that night. Especially as they had gone to the effort of arranging a public bonfire at great expense, and providing free transport to allow families to visit the bonfire. They were obviously wanting as many folk to visit their event as possible, and then VCS decide to slap tickets on visitors cars. Apparantly, one of their MPs is also furious regarding the matter.

They told us that in tonights edition of the Derbyshire Times there is a big article on the matter. Might be worth a read if any of you can get a copy retrospectively. If I can get my hands on a copy tonight, ill post a photo of the report.

We havent received any further contact from VCS, but that is perhaps because her car is registered to her employers business address.

Understood:-)

I read the (small) article in the Derbyshire Times and it was a letter from a member of the public complaining about council Traffic Wardens issuing parking tickets to motorists close to their public bonfire. But, unbeknown to the complainant, they were actually VCS wardens.

The council are obviously unhappy that due to VCS issuing tickets, the public wrongly belive that the council issued them. And one of their councellors (spellcheck) is unhappy to say the least.

• 7 months later...

i got a pcn but mine is a company car and it is leased so i will have to pay it.

Why?

I would direct your efforts to notifying your company and/or lease company that any "invoice" from a PPC is not a legelly enforcable fine and should either be ignored by them or simply passed to you (provided of course they don't try sticking their 30quid admin fee on!)

• 1 month later...

Seems like VCS are now trying it on in Salford at the new MediaCityUK site.

Here's one of their new signs, put up recently:

ParkingSign-1.jpg

It refers only to footpaths and walkways in this instance and as you can see, these signs have been put up in an area specifically used by motorcycles:

MCParking-2.jpg

And from the other end:

MCParking-1.jpg

Up until now, there's been no ticketing, but today, someone from MediaCity told me that they're going to start 'clamping down' on parking violations soon. So, any advice from the wise heads around these pages?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks