Hillesden Securities Ltd. (Direct Legal & Collections)

R B 1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the credit report info. Rory - just waiting on a confirmation letter, by post, and I can see what's what !

Anone offer any advise re Barclaycard - basically they 'screwed me' for a regular monthly payment far more than I offered or could really afford. Been paying for about a year BUT this really needs some assistance as I'm struggling like mad !

R

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rtech but, with respect, what I listed above was (I believed) working days - no weekend days, no bank holiday days etc... ? Please feel free to take a look ?

Also interested in any assistance with my Barclaycard request - I haven't CCA'ed them as a) I would expect them to have a copy of the agreement ? and b) I have been making regular payments for over a year so howe can I start with the I don't acknowledge any debt line ? Surely to CCA them this would only alienate them and jeopordise our agreement - wouldn't it ?

Thanks all, as usual,

R

Understand your count,but Xmas for most firms is not just a couple of days,but a week plus,so thats probably it.But after the 12 days you have stopped paying,and that will stay the same until if and when they produce...I hope you are not thinking of chasing it...........

Also interested in any assistance with my Barclaycard request - I haven't CCA'ed them as a) I would expect them to have a copy of the agreement ?

Why? Barclaycard are not renowned for having complying copies of agreements.
b) I have been making regular payments for over a year so howe can I start with the I don't acknowledge any debt line ? Surely to CCA them this would only alienate them and jeopordise our agreement - wouldn't it ?

You can choose to not acknowledge a debt at any time. The fact that payments have been made is irrelevant. Asking for a copy of the agreement is your legal right and is required in order for them to enforce the account. They are legally obliged to accept any reasonable offer of repayment, by your own admission you have been pressurised into over commiting financially to them.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Also interested in any assistance with my Barclaycard request - I haven't CCA'ed them as a) I would expect them to have a copy of the agreement ? and b) I have been making regular payments for over a year so howe can I start with the I don't acknowledge any debt line ? Surely to CCA them this would only alienate them and jeopordise our agreement - wouldn't it ?

Thanks all, as usual,

R

I don't know if it helps but I have the following credit cards, also:

Barclaycard (already mentioned) BUT had since mid 2000 !

MBNA had since late 1998 !

MBNA (Formerly Alliance & Leicester) had since late 1999 !

I hope you would say that due to this length of time having elapsed I should CCA them all ?

Thanks,

R

PS I'm still trying to get my head round this 'loophole' but really don't want to find myself in court and in a worse credit situiation than I already am !

Interesting to note I've already had an agreed monthly payment plan with two of these ciompanies for about 5 years now anyway - is there any point where they really could be persuaded to write the debt of totally ? Two of these are now approx. half of what they were originally !

Thanks again.

R

Ok everyone - thanks for your help, to date. Please find below reply received, from HILLESDEN SECURITIES (NOT DLC), today:

17 December 2007

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Account number XXXXXXX - Formerly CitiFinancial - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter dated 10 December 2007 regarding the above account. This has been passed to me for attention.

I would confirm and advise the following:-

1. I acknowledge receipt of payment of £1 in connection with your data request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We are still awaiting a copy of your original agreement with CitiFinancial. When this becomes available it will be forwarded to you.

2. If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Should you require anything further at this point please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand.

Yours sincerely,

A E Locke

Director & data Controller

Direct Line: 01280 707513

I can confirm the postal order / letter were signed for on Thu. 13th December.

Interesting to note I never had an agreement, a card (or indeed paid a penny) with / to Citi - the only thing I can assume this was passed from RBS Shell Visa to Citi and then straight to DLC ?

What should I do next ?

Thanks again for all your help everyone.........

R

Thankd Rtech and you !

Is this just a standard reply then ?

Why do they mention 21 days when I believed they only have 12+2 ?

If they can't find the signed agreement what do their comments in "2." mean - is this a 'get out clause' for them ?

Thanks,

R

At some stage they will have to provide the properly executed agreement,

Seems that they are sure that is not going to happen,and will try to fob you off with something,which would not in fact comply with the CCA,BUT they will try to tell you it does.

Do no more....A old guy once told me

'If you are worried about something,then take steps to do something about it'.

'If you have done all you can(which you have now)then its out of your hands so why worry?? '....

Just enjoy the festive season,and post what they send in the New Year.

I have seven copys as well morteee.

Cant wait till next year when I go all barrells for Hillsden

HAK

Thanks everyone - Merry Christmas' all round then !

Can I please just ask IF they can't supply a copy of the agreement can I therefore request they remove all adverse entries to my credit file - in fact can I ask them to remove any references to it at all ?

Is this something anyone else has experiences of - I'd love to hear your successes / failures etc...

Thanks,

R

Mortee you are beating me.

Im going to report them to T/S after crimbo. Hopefully will help my case of getting my Charging Order removed

• Haha 1

i had an unenforceble cca passed to hillingdons/dlc

once i had informed them i had issued court proceedings and told them as they are now the owner of the account i would be putting in a claim against them for penalty charges, they dropped the account like a hot potato. just shows they have to honour all parts of the account and not pick and choose.

something to bear in mind if they infact have a valid cca

Thanks everyone - Merry Christmas' all round then !

Can I please just ask IF they can't supply a copy of the agreement can I therefore request they remove all adverse entries to my credit file - in fact can I ask them to remove any references to it at all ?

Is this something anyone else has experiences of - I'd love to hear your successes / failures etc...

Thanks,

R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Curlyben / Rtech etc...

Just to update you all.

Its now the 1st January and still nothing else from Hillesden / DLC, yet ?

No chasing phone calls or texts either ?

Looking like they can't locate a CCA ?

Where would an SAR fit into my situation - would this have any benefit at all ?

All I want to achieve is get the debt written off AND the default removed from my file !

Thanks,

R

Well I'd give it a while yet as they have probably been busy over Xmas.

Now it is unlikely that the debt will be "written off", but without the CCA they can't enforce it.

As for the default have a read through the link in my signature concerning default removal from Surlybonds.

It's a long and drawn out process and will likely end up in court, but worth a try.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too