Arrow Global

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL :D :D :D very good, Goldlady!

As Arrow Global LLC are not a UK company (i.e. not registered with Companies House) but are actively trading in the UK presumably that means this is unlawful. They cannot have a credit licence, but do you need a credit licence to be assigned debt (as opposed to actively collecting it - although it was them that sent me the default and termination notices plus the first demand letter)? I suppose they'd hide behind the skirts of Arrow Global Limited if I drew this to the attention of the OFT. :confused:

Anyway I've sent a letter to the Office of the Information Commissioner about their address not receiving post. :)

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now spoken to Consumer Direct (who were actually very helpful) and the OFT about Arrow Global.

Chap at the OFT said that Arrow Global LLC have no consumer credit licence and is getting back to me about Arrow Global Limited.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure, Suzylou - the OFT haven't yet got back to me about the Arrow Global Limited consumer credit licence. I've spoken to Consumer Direct again about this and was warned that the LLC may very well hide behind the Limited company (i.e. that the credit licence applies to the group as a whole - if there is one!). This also could be the case concerning the breaches of the DPA, as the LLC are not registered as data controllers.

On the ICO database both Arrow Global Ltd and Arrow Receivables are registered, but only to collect debt on behalf of third parties and to purchase trade debts. They are not registered to purchase consumer debt, which is contrary to what the LLC told me :rolleyes: . In this case can they have a consumer credit licence? :confused:

I'll chase up the OFT and post here when I know what the situation is regarding the licence. :)

Has anyone an idea how to find out what type of assignment Arrow Global have in respect of my debt? This is not clear in the letter of assignment they sent me (which is b******s anyway :) ).

Thanks!

Hi ive just recieved the letter from arrow also so wont post my own thread and will follow this one.. anything i can find i will post here if thats ok

My letter is this

ARROW

global, llc

A Sallie Mae company

Dear Eggy12

Re; acc;***********

We write to inform you that MBNA Europe Bank Limited has now assigned to Arrow Global,LLC the outstanding balance under the above referenced MBNA credit card, effective ** December 2007.

Under the terms of the sale, and as defined in the data Protection Act 1998, Arrow Global Limited is now the data controller of your personal data contained in the records of this account.

You have the right to update your personal data.Should you wish to update your personal data, please contact Arrow Global Limited at 15 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7EF.

Credit & Business Services has been appointed by ARROW gLOBAL, LLC to manage your account. All contact regarding your account should now be directed to Credit & Business Services Ltd.

The total outstanding balance is £*****

You should contact Credit & Business Ltd To arrange an immediate payment on your accoun at least in line with the requirement of the enclosed Default Notice at:

Credit & Business Services Ltd

address given in St Albans

Yours sincerely

Arrow Global, LLC

What strike me is that Im being Defaulted for arreas not paid oridginaly to mbna who to the best of my knowledge have already defaulted me for that already

So I take it there new address being

Arrow Global Limited

15 Old Bailey,

London

EC4M 7EF

is where we send the CCA then ??

Eggy12

I'd ignore it until MBNA notify you of a valid assignment.

As it stands, the letter is from a 3rd party (Arrow Global Ltd) and tells you that another like sounding company (Arrow Global LLC) now owns your debt. The letter is NOT from Arrow Global LLC nor are you informed of Arrow Global LLC's address. It is NOT a UK registered company.

On the other hand, Arrow Global Ltd is a UK company. Only trouble is its registered office is still the company formation agents, and it has had at least four addresses in Central London over the last 15 months. This latest one, 15 Old Bailey, is a set of serviced offices, i.e. you rent a desk by the hour.

As for Credit & Business Services Ltd, they were taken over nearly TWO years ago by an outfit called Transcom, a European based customer relation management outfit.

Strikes me that whilst this could be legit, it could also be some [problem] artist operating with very similar names that aren't who they seem to be. I suggest waiting until CBS write and then CCA them.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

MBNA did write telling that they had sold a debt to LINK and have got letter from LINK but i have two debts with MBNA -1 as said sold to link so this one seems to still be in the MBNA circle with arrow. MBNA told me that they sold them both(in email) but seems not the case as ive not recieved a letter from MBNA saying this one has been sold only the one to link.. I thought they have to inform me when they sell

• 1 month later...

Well it goes to show that mbna still hold the account abiet passed to someone else in there circle..Just recieved an 'important changes to your virgin c/card' letter with my account number on it, so its not been sold on.

Did not get one for other c/card mbna properly sold on to link

CCA'd CBS beggining Feb regards arrow and have not heard anything !

• 3 weeks later...

hi all confused

iqor recovery services ltd

po box 82

33/34 winckley square

preston

pr1 3el

state that they are collecting for their ( client creditor arrow global ltd )

the crediter was ( house of stirling that went under ...) the letter that arrow sent and phone unmber that put u in touch with iqor formly legal trade and iqor are useing arrows letter head paper seems like arrow have defaulted my file and iqor

• 1 month later...

Well this is a very interesting thread! I have written countless letters to Arrow Global at Mortimer Street and have not received a single reply, even to my SAR and my CCA requests. They have now issued a claim on me via Bradford County Court (?) under the name of Arrow Global LLC but the address is Bedford Row. I have never heard of the Old Bailey address.

They really are a disgraceful shower......:mad:

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I had a letter from them about 18 months ago from an address that wasn't even occupied. The building had just been completed and the floor on which Arrow had an office was still being kitted out.

I'm in London and have visited both the Mortimer Street and the Old Bailey addresses which are 'serviced offices'. Bedford Row is the address of Jordan’s, the company formation agents who originally formed Arrow Global Limited.

Arrow Global LLC must be the American entity as an 'LLC' isn't recognised in English company law. A foreign LLC can still sue in an English court but they must both state their true address (i.e. registered office) and provide an address in England or Wales for service of documents. That can be a firm of English solicitors though.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

I had a letter from them about 18 months ago from an address that wasn't even occupied. The building had just been completed and the floor on which Arrow had an office was still being kitted out.

I'm in London and have visited both the Mortimer Street and the Old Bailey addresses which are 'serviced offices'. Bedford Row is the address of Jordan’s, the company formation agents who originally formed Arrow Global Limited.

Arrow Global LLC must be the American entity as an 'LLC' isn't recognised in English company law. A foreign LLC can still sue in an English court but they must both state their true address (i.e. registered office) and provide an address in England or Wales for service of documents. That can be a firm of English solicitors though.

Yes, the LLC would be Limited Liability, but in this Country I believe that only applies to Partnerships. Anyway, it is going to look dreadful on them in Court if the only address they provided was unoccupied. Mind you, their solicitors are just as bad and have not answered any of my correspondence either. A total of 26 to date.

They are an American Entity, they are part of the Sallie Mae Group of Companies.

Regards,

Corn x:-)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I sent a cca request to transcom start of feb regards arrow buying the mbna debt i have.. Ive not recieved a assignment letter from mbna but recieved one from arrow.. Yesterday i got back what sems to be a legit agreement.. Not sure now how to proceed !

We too have big problems with Arrow Global. They bought the debt from Lloyds TSB (debt dates back to 1997). CCAd them back in March (to 15 Old Bailey) & now the additional 30 calendar days are almost up & we've heard nothing - well apart from calls from their solicitors (well known big law firm) who say they know nothing of our CCA request (even though we were told that everything sent to A/Global automatically goes back to the solicitors). The solicitors are now saying that their clients do not want to accept any further payments from us!! (We have paid £50/month since last November). Do we now cancel the standing order/continue paying it. The last time the solicitors phoned I lost my temper and hung up after saying that they would have to do what they had to do but we would defend it all the way.

• 4 months later...

I was so happy when i found all this information because i have several bills with Orange Plc and have recieved letters from all, copes, arrow ltd / llc and fredrickson lol, i looked and the po box 944 is just a royal mail keepsafe address so bless whoever picks up the post from there the 3 Leodis court address is for a company called 1st Locate UK (they could find me without having to pay for it lol, then as a joke they have put on "for a FEE i can access my OWN personal data" haha like im going to give them more money than what i owe.

advice if you are seen to be making payments to any company and the company try to take you to court it will be seen as making payment and will prob go no further i was paying Littlewoods without and agreement and just got letters to say thanks for the payment though you do not have a payment plan set up, they cant not accept a payment it would be seen as wrong my advise even it its only little its a payment they have no right to refuse if your showing willingness x

• 1 month later...