Mum and TSB

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lisa :)

Yes, i would write to 1st Credit as GM has said to say account is in dispute. I always try to avoid dealing with DCAs.

I would keep paying the £1 to Lloyds, but i would also send a Subject Access Request off as soon as you can. When you have added up all the charges and added interest too, you / your mom can reclaim that all back.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there can I just ask you know the agreement that LTSB sent well going back someone mention that it does look like its forceable can I still send the letter GM has adviced me to send

lisa

yes you can as if u believe it is not then i would send it.

You dont need to say it is in dispute over a cca you can change it to refusal to deal with my complaint or anything just make sure it is valid.

You can also say the account is is dispute for more than one reason as it it.

They have yet to accept the token payment offer but they are not sending the money back to your mum.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi just remebered mum got a cca and hopeful thinks it is enforceable is there any thing i can do now. Should I send them An offer of £1 a month like some of her other creditors are getting they probably wont accept cos mum owes over a Thousand pound

Please help LIsa

Lisa

Is the document that you posted here actually signed by your mother?

it would help if you could clarify this please

I have a suggestion

Dont panic

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have a suggestion

Dont panic

I 2nd that!! :D

Have you sent that S.A.R off? You can then say the account is in dispute until you have ascertained the full balance. Keep paying that £1.

Hi

Can I just ask if they take mum to court will she have to attend and if she is making pound monthly payments and keeps them up can they still send the bailiffs

lisa

Hi Lisa,

I beleive she will have to lose in Court, and then default on the CCJ, and then they will have to go back to Court to get a Bailiffs order, which they will also need to win.

Like GM and Hopeful have said, don`t panic, one step at a time.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi

Can I just ask if they take mum to court will she have to attend and if she is making pound monthly payments and keeps them up can they still send the bailiffs

lisa

Lisa, please do not worry. No they cannot send bailiffs round.

If it did go to court the judge would see your mom has offered and is making the payments she can afford. As long as she keeps making those payments it will go in her favour.

Has your mom received a default notice for this account?

If yes, did the default amount include charges?

Speaking of which.....have you sent that S.A.R off???!!!!!!!! :)

You would not be informed about a balif hearing as it is just a paperwork thing that gets either rubberstamped buy the court manager or they put it in front of a judge and the judge says yes.

Hi mum received a letter today from 1st credit say that thanks for informing them the account is in dispute and they will contact LTSB regarding the matter it could take about a month. But to contact them to arrange a payment plan (as if she going to phone them).

Will see what cames back from this then send S.A.R off, cos she has just sent one off for dads hsbc account so cant afford two in one week.

lisa

Hi mum received a letter today from 1st credit say that thanks for informing them the account is in dispute and they will contact LTSB regarding the matter it could take about a month. But to contact them to arrange a payment plan (as if she going to phone them).

Will see what cames back from this then send S.A.R off, cos she has just sent one off for dads hsbc account so cant afford two in one week.

lisa

Well at least that gives her a bit of breathing space. She's making payments anyway so they can go......i'll let you fill that bit in yourself :p

lisa

Well at least they recognise the acc is in dispute.

As a professional CAGGER you will not need telling this but. DONT CALL THEM. They have nothing ur mum or u want to hear and they will only try and pressure a payment argagement out of her.

have fun with the wait.

• 1 month later...

hi there all

Well its been a long time but they are back, just when you think you have you got rid of them.

A letter from LCS Solicitors it reads.

We are acting on behalf of 1st Credit Ltd who has instructed us to write to you concerning this seriously overdue account.

Unless full payment is made to our client within 14 days from the date of this letter we are instructed to issue proceedings against you in County Court for recovery. Should that step prove necessary our client's claim will include statutory interest, Court Fees and Solicitors costs. If judgement is obtained against you then, after a period of 28 days, it will automatically be registered at the register of the county court judgements and will have an adverse affect on your credit rating.

Please note that we are not instructed to enter into correspondence with you regarding this matter prior to the issue of legal proceedings.

all payments and communications should be made to our clients whose address is 1st credit ltd, Po Box 278, Reigate, RH2 7WB.

If you unable to make payment in full you must contact 1st credit immediately, their telephone number is 0870 164 2054

The date on the top of leter is 11/08/2008

mum is making £1 payments a month to LTSB but she has not had a statement from them but they have not sent the £1 payments back so they must be accepting them.

Hs any one got some advice for us please. How do i change this threads name to LTSB/1ST CREDIT V'S MUM

File under ignore as these "people" are simply solicitors-for-hire".

This line gives it away:

Please note that we are not instructed to enter into correspondence with you regarding this matter prior to the issue of legal proceedings.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I have told mum not to worry cos if they take her to court she wont be to only one cos there will be a lot of people battling now a days. But is easyily said when is not you I suppose.

lisa

mum is making £1 payments a month to LTSB but she has not had a statement from them but they have not sent the £1 payments back so they must be accepting them.

Hs any one got some advice for us please. How do i change this threads name to LTSB/1ST CREDIT V'S MUM

Have you written to LTSB and asked for a statement of account? You don't need to explain why you want it, your mom's entitled to it anyway. Just make sure she keeps the payments up.

Was this an account with charges on it? If you start reclaiming that'll keep them busy for a while :D

If you want your thread title changed, you should PM one of the site team.

Hope you're ok :)

• 2 weeks later...

hard to say i will look in the morning due to tireness