'Robinson way doing my head in!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks for that lengthy salvo--it might "Clear the way"--so to speak!!!

However, they are aware of the CCJ relating to this matter dating from nearly 15 years back, and referred to it in their first commmunication back in October '08.

In a phone call next day,in which I did not acknowledge anything,they said they were collecting the balance of the unsettled CCJ, and as I had made some illusory payment in 2003 (rubbish!--good to hear DC's have been known to "manufacture one")then they were within their rights and effectively acting on behalf of the Court!!

On advice here we then went the £1.00 postal order route for an original agreement, which it turns out was probably binned by Barclays about the same time as they wrote off the debt about 1998/9, and no longer exists.

they now seem to be reverting to a Plan B, and the news the Mrs got from the Court Clerk does not put our minds at rest!

My wife has read the answer above and specifically said the clerk advised that a CCJ never dies and was based on legislation at the time. Subsequent changes in Consumer Credit Acts are not recognised by registrars --according to the Court Clerk--as having a bearing on a still unsatisfied judgement regardless of age...to which I replied " Oh Buggaire!"

If I do nothing they will start the phone/door kicking/endless blue lined envelopes....

Should I still send the letter as you suggest--obviously suitably "personalised"?--or just hang fire?

Plainly RW and their likes are getting some sort of result from County Courts not binning very old judgements --even ones that haven't been pursued for 9 years, and issued 15 years ago!!

RW's attitude was that as I made even one payment back 14 years ago then I admitted its existence, and therefore the debts existence, so "Cough up, Chummy!"

Wondering if I am running out of ammunition--this sort of thing does erode ones resilience.....that's what they feast on of course..

LargeBear--not going to enjoy my lunch....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RWC are going to have to make the commercial decision if its worth their while resurrecting the old CCJ and trying to CONvince a Court to reinstate it. Afte six years have elapsed they have to do this. M'learned friends will want to know why they havent done so on a CCJ that is 15 yrs old. Indeed if the actually have the CCJ then why are they not using the Courts to enforce it now?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All!

DELIGHTED to state here and now that I have had the definitive letter from Robinson Way stating the matter is no longer being pursued.

This must be in direct if a tad delayed response to the letter suggested above by ODC.

Thats £3,925.17 they will not be getting by their crappy duplicitous methods.

Thanks to everyone.

"GIVE A FIRE TO A DEBT COLLECTOR AND YOU WILL KEEP HIM WARM FOR A DAY--BUT SET FIRE TO A DEBT COLLECTOR AND YOU'LL KEEP HIM WARM FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!"

The pdf attachment I guarantee is free from any nasties!!

Largebear

IMG.pdf

Edited by Largebear
unnecessary added lines--largebear
  • Haha 1

just wanted to say well done and hope that this is an end to this particular matter. I hope to be as lucky with a couple of old CCJ' s from decades ago. :D

Thanks for that!! It was such a relief. The buggaires at RW are just a shower of thieves using public ignorance to fill their boots.

I am not an expert but I stuck with the advice ODC passed me on this thread, and after carefully filling in all the blanks corrrectly, so that the letter you send out makes sense in your case, then you must stand a good chance of kicking them into touch!!

Lets us all know!!!

Largebear

Obviously the Cretins didnt know about the old CCJ

Not so fast ODC--In previous correspondencve they state that " ...in view of the unsatisfied CCJ dated 1994 in connection with is case, and your last payment being made against that in 2004...."

Must have decided that they were going to get a kicking in the County Court in view of no action on this since last payemnt made 10 years ago....!! Probably would have meant more costs and no surety of a satisfactory outcome for them....!!

Thanks again

Largebear

• 1 month later...

Congratulations, largebear. Well done! :D:lol::D:lol:

Only just seen your posting - hubby's health's been iffy since Christmas, work manic, and desperately trying to juggle 2 Open Uni courses (should have BSc end of 2010 so light at last starting to show at the end of that tunnel). Need a few more hours in each day. On annual leave until next Monday so now catching up on some things I haven't had time for, including emails!

Still being hassled by RW (see my latest postings). I've now sent a Recorded reminder to Barclays about the SAR (as per Information Commisioner's website) and tomorrow will Record a request for a copy of the original, signed CCA. No light at the end of the tunnel where this is concerned unfortunately, but I'm praying I get the same outcome you have ......

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Cheers

JayW

completely different experience from rw myself , i requested my cca 4 weeks ago , 3 weeks ago got a letter from rw saying requested cca from barclays , today i got a letter from rw stating they have passed my account back to barclays , i presume there is no valid cca for this card