Police Question. Very strange thing happened

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would also only be undertaking it you approached the traffic in the outside lane, pulled over to the lane on your left to pass said traffic and then pulled back into your right ahead of the traffic in the outside lane.

If however you are in the inside lane and approach and subsequently pass traffic which is in on your right then this is not undertaking, hence why you can be in the 'slow' or middle lane on the motorway and pass traffic in the lane to your right which is moving slower than you are.

So in the OP case by simply staying in the left lane and passing the lane hoggers no offence would have been commited

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Really?

It's bloody dangerous if you ask me - although the rule doesn't seem to apply on the M1.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

If however you are in the inside lane and approach and subsequently pass traffic which is in on your right then this is not undertaking, hence why you can be in the 'slow' or middle lane on the motorway and pass traffic in the lane to your right which is moving slower than you are.

So in the OP case by simply staying in the left lane and passing the lane hoggers no offence would have been commited

Only in slow moving traffic.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Only in slow moving traffic.

Or if the car you are undertaking has indicated to turn right

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Lots of interesting things being said about this, well just to let you know - I have not been paid a visit by the boys in blue. so far.

just clear a few points on this matter.

1. you can only overtake on the left side if the car in front is indicating to turn right.

2. the cars in front are queing in traffic and their lane is moving more slowly than yours.

3. in a 1 way street in all circumstances.

4. if the traffic on the right starts to break.

in my situation I was approaching from the near side lane, indicated to pull to the outside lane and left me indicator on in a jesture of I wish to pass. then indicated back to the left when a pass was not permitted, I had no intention of undertaking but I did have the intention of leaving my left indicator flashing to influence them in front to do the same.

let the debate continue.

It is ONLY supposed to be 50mph on a Single Carriageway for 'White Van Man'!...;)

Yeah right!!! Pull the other one

Next thing you'll be telling me is that white van man has to follow other traffic regulations too. Maybe looking out for bikers next

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that white van man has to follow other traffic regulations too. Maybe looking out for bikers next

Or indicating:lol:

Or indicating:lol:

well im a push cylcists and a white van was at a junction other day and waited till he saw the whites of my eyes before he decieded that the 2 seconds he would save we worth me going under his wheel he seemed to actually enjoy it how i missed him ill never know inch no more not the first time though and wont be the last but as i cant drive dont have an option but to cycle if i want to get from A to B sorry if this has sidetracked this but i feel very strongly about car drivers total disregard for cyclists cos im may as well be invisible most of the time cos im not seen by a lot and invisible im not sorry for off subject carry on now rant over :oxxkia ps sorry wrong pic that xx

ahem, for a lot of posters on here, i drive various vehicles with my job, one of which is a white van. I admit there are some ( quite a few) who are idiots basically, but please dont class us all the same. i do quite a few miles locally and some of the muppets are unbelievable. Sometimes i'm in 18 tonners, and they leave me enough room to get a dinky toy through. drivers of ALL vehicles can be piggin' stupid sometimes..

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

The story at the start is the kind of "urban legend" that really p's me off

An urban legend is normally something that is a bit of fun and causes no harm, telling stories with no truth about rapists masquerading as policeman is not harmless fun, its sick beyond belief

Also since when did police cars have red lights?

And someone managed to get 4 police cars around that quickly i'd take my hat off to them - 1 would also be enough given the situation as any dodgy person would poo their pants and make haste as soon as they saw the blues and 2's

:mad:

In this rant I am not getting at the OP of the "myth" but we do need to be more careful about what we post and investigate such possibly damaging info before posting

Its right up there with the 101 supposed "dont open this email, its a virus and will melt your hard drive" posts I get to my facebook

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

A lot of Urban Myths originate from across the Pond + are corrupted to suit UK conditions etc.

Didn't Starsky & Hutch + Kojak drive an unmarked police car with a RED light??

...+ when U see a car chase on TV or at the flicks, isn't there ALWAYS zillions of cop cars involved??

btw...Mr OJ didn't seem to be in a hurry to make haste, that infamous time either?!

ahem, for a lot of posters on here, i drive various vehicles with my job, one of which is a white van. I admit there are some ( quite a few) who are idiots basically, but please dont class us all the same. i do quite a few miles locally and some of the muppets are unbelievable. Sometimes i'm in 18 tonners, and they leave me enough room to get a dinky toy through. drivers of ALL vehicles can be piggin' stupid sometimes..
i didnt mean u baz i know you drive carefully just some who spoil it :(xxkia