final bill more than quote.

jowalshy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wasn't it Conniff that first pointed out how as more details come out.......... Not only has Jo not posted the letter, she hasn't said why???

This stinks! (and be for you say a word UKAVITOR) This is a PUBLIC forum, were people express opinions. And my opinion of all this is "This stinks" and it would seam I'm not alone in my opinion.

Regards Banks

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would kindly appreciate you not having a go at me or others on this forum.

I have come to this forum in order to ascertain whether my brothers friend is being ripped off with labour charges and all you lot seem to do at the moment is nitpick between yourself and insult my integrity. I have been a member of CAG for 10 months now and have never had so much aggression being directed at myself. Should this continue I will have this thread closed and will seek help elsewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Ok this thread seems to be getting a bit out of hand.

the facts as I know them.

1. The original owner of the van happens to be my brother.

2. He sold the van to a friend of his, but it did not have an MOT.

3. My brothers friend also purchased another van of a later model and was going to use the parts from this donor van to do up my brothers ex van in order to sell it and make a profit.

4. Brothers mate then went to the garage and agreed initially with the mechanic to use this donor van to do up my brothers ex van, but in the end decided against it, so therefore just wanted to get my brothers ex van an MOT. the donor van was then taken out of the equation.

5. The mechanic told my borthers friends wife verbally that it should cost approx £450 to £5oo and possibly even less. he was also told that they didn't want spend more than £500.00.

6.mechanic then did is stuff and produced an invoice for over £800.00.

7. My friend disputed this invoice.

8. mechanic then raised another invoice to cover admin costs of £300.00, and told them that he is going to keep the van in storage until the bill is settled, also charging them with the storage costs.

9. Prior to the van being MOT'd, the mechanic repaired some obvious MOT faliure points of which I do not know what they are.

Right......I'v just read that again and I would like every one involved in this thread to read it again, "my brothers ex van"... Now is that the one that was MOTed or the donor or the one that was going to be "dunn up"?:confused: :confused:

I'm not sure what you are apologising for banks. yes it was my brother's ex-van that was MOT's.

THE DONOR VAN WAS SCRAPPED, FORGET IT, NOTHING WAS DONE TO THE DONOR VAN, THE DONOR VAN DOES NOT COME INTO THE EQUATION, I WAS TRYING TO GIVE A FULL PICTURE.

Also which letter do you want me to post?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Hi Jo, I was apologizing for pointing out some thing that under close scrutiny falls apart, As for letters the most resent was the one I was thinking of but if you have access to all of them then start from the begining....... As far as I can work out, 1 of 2 things is going on hear, You are ever being riped off or you are trying it on?????.

From what I've read so far I'm not convinced - Convince me

Regards Banks.

I will set up such a thread in the BG, and move your stuff there

oh.... jo is not trying it on. Please take her word for what it is. Thank you :-)

Sorry fella but I'm not having that......Moderator or not.....

The only way you can make such a statement like that is by being in possession of material facts. As nothing has been proved so far Ifeel we should all keep an open mind to all possibility's. I appreciate Jo has been a member for some time and people have "got to know here" but do any of us actually know WHO our "on line" friends are????

I have based my opinions on what I have actually read in the post.

Regards Banks.

Fair point HSBCrusher...... I'm thinking about a new thread for the off topic "motor trade stuff", May be in the Bear (Beer) Garden????

Bear Garden.

The Bear Garden, allegedly named by Queen Victoria after the crowds of litigants and lawyers there which reminded her of the occupants of a bear pit, the Painted Room and West Green Building Court Lobby are further smaller areas available for hire in this grandiose building.

The Royal Courts of Justice Venue, London, WC2

That's torn it, fun stops here folk's. Someone, prob'ly Coniff, has reported us to the authorities

Mod's involved. Got to get all serious agian even if the tale is getting a bit far fetched.

I don't think I've posted anything not relevent to the plot...................

Censorship awaits.

Hammy (Serious Face)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

After 10 months of rubbing shoulders with jo, I think I know her quite well enough.

She has given the best knowledge she has to try and unravel what has happened for a pal of hers.

Please can this thread be used to help jo out, any further agressive posts will be removed.

I have set up a motoring trade bear garden thread for your use.

here is the link for all to debate about the motor trade:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/123930-motor-trade-off-topic.html

I will post up the letters tomorrow hopefully as they are rather long and will take quite some time to type up word for word.

Guest BIGMTJ1975
I will post up the letters tomorrow hopefully as they are rather long and will take quite some time to type up word for word.

word for word please jo kind regards.

A scan would be better, not that I'm suggesting anything.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Wasn't it Conniff that first pointed out how as more details come out.......... Not only has Jo not posted the letter, she hasn't said why???

(so Jo hasn't posted the letter,what's the big deal,and why should she have to explain herself to you:confused:)

This stinks! (and be for you say a word UKAVITOR)(yes this is a public forum ukaviator,but as you have been told,before you say a word..pot kettle black)This is a PUBLIC forum, were people express opinions. And my opinion of all this is "This stinks" and it would seam I'm not alone in my opinion.

Regards Banks

Jo started a thread for a little bit of advice,not to be questioned such as above.:)

1, They will just say, Fi you had paid your bill........

2, As the van was being moted to sell it what would be the point of hiring one?

Regards Banks.

In answer to question (2),perhaps a xmas tree was pre planned to be picked up which was too big to fit in a car,so hiring a van to fulfill commitments i guess would be appropriate .;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks