• Tweets

• you IGNORE THEM. stop being had blind nothing anyone can do to you. dx  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Name County Court   MCOL Northampton N1 ?yes Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ? New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ? Yes If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)     Name of the Claimant ? Give answer here Lowell How many defendant's  joint or self ? Give answer here Self 1 Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. Give answer here 08 may  ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total)  if your defence filing date falls on a W/End, you must file by friday @4PM     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. state how many digits the account number has.. Give answer here  the claim is for sum of 1650£ due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for capital one account with an account reference of xxxx tge dependent failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s87(1) of the consumer credit act 1973 which has not been complied with the debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 18/03-21 notice of which has been given to defendant  the claim incudes statutory interest under s69 of the county court act 184 at a rate of 8%per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of 132£ the claimant claims the sum of 1782£   What is the total value of the claim? Give answer here 1977£ Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Give answer here Not sure  received a letter on 24 march stating Letter of claim- you have 30 days to prevent legal action Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Give answer here No Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Give answer here Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Give answer here Credit card When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Give answer here After Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Give answer here Online Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Give answer here Yes Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Give answer here Debt purchaser Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Give answer here Unsure Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Give answer here Unsure Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Give answer here Not that he recalls Why did you cease payments? Give answer here Lost job What was the date of your last payment? Give answer here Feb 2023 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Give answer here No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Give answer here No What you need to do now.    Answer the questions above   If you have not already done so – send a CCA request to the claimant for a copy of your agreement (If Applicable) (except for Overdraft/ Mobile/Telephone accounts)   Send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor named on the claim form for copies of documents mentioned/implied within the claim form. There are two different versions - one for Loans/Credit cards the other for Current accounts   Request 1 - Loans/Credit Cards     Request 2 - Current Accounts     You may use a CPR part 18 request for any other information (not request documents) that you might require in order to defend yourself. Please note that CPR 18 is specifically for Fast Track claims and although technically the claim has yet to be allocated to a track the claimant may refuse to comply for this reason.   If you require CPR Part 18 - this will need to be drafted specifically.   If you are not planning on defending for one reason or another – then you will need to complete an Income and Expenditure form and contact the Solicitor with your proposal. The N9a is already enclosed in the claim pack for Admittance which should be sent to the solicitor named on the claim form   If you are considering making a partial admittance N9b must be completed and returned to the court. Please note in most cases a partial admittance will result in an automatic CCJ for the amount admitted.   You have received a Claim - What you need to do.pdf1.33 MB · 241 downloads     Before Printing the PDF TIP   If you DO NOT wish to print Page 1 (Cover Page) of the PDF, please ensure to do the following:   Ensure you go to your Printer Settings and set it to 'Print from Page 2' (this way Page 1 (Cover Page) should not print out).   Note: This will save you Ink & Paper    
    • 3 threads merged for complete history of your debts. i suggest you re read from post 1 again. what are you doing still blindly paying a DCA on a historic debt?  
    • Hi, I have an old outstanding debt from 1994 due to MBNA for £20,000. The debt has been passed to various DCAs and is currently with PRA Group.  I sent them a CCA letter in January 2024. They acknowledged this letter and stated they would come back when they had more information, however the information did not arrive within the 12 working day scenario.. I have just received a copy of the agreement which goes back to 1994 from them. In their response letter they have stated " Please find enclosed documentation received to date: we are waiting further documents in order to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court or further action against you to recover the outstanding balance". They then go on to state "we are still legally entitled to:  1.Contact you to ask and repay what you owe 2.Pass your details onto a third party collection agency 3. Continue to report your account with the credit reference bureaux (as appropriate)". I'm at a loss as to what I should do next and would appreciate any guidance on this matter. I am currently paying £5.00 pcm. TIA      
    • A sinister tactic known as shoulder surfing is on the rise in the UK. Fraudsters are watching unwitting people log in to their mobile banking apps over their shoulder.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

,i appealed !!! and have just recieved a letter saying it was UNSUCCESSFUL .

No, am I the only one on this forum that finds it hard to believe your appeal failed?

Seriously just ignore these clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi all

I received a parking charge notice today/12/01/2010 issue date 06/01/2010 from excel parking for the sum of £60.00 .They say I parked in a controlled parking zone on the 10/12/2009 for 13 minutes extra, when I was probably stuck in traffic trying to get out. And leave the car park.They sent a photo of car showing my registration number, no other cars in the photo no cars in front or behind. I know when entered and exit that car park it was bumper to bumper. No parking ticket was issued no parking attendant was seen, it was a free parking period of 3 hours

So they want £60.00 for 13 minuets extra

Code 80 for longer than the maximum period permitted

How do I fair with this parking issue

Hi all

I received a parking charge notice today/12/01/2010 issue date 06/01/2010 from excel parking for the sum of £60.00 .They say I parked in a controlled parking zone on the 10/12/2009 for 13 minutes extra,

So they want £60 for 13 extra minutes, Yes they have every chance of getting that if it went to Court:D

when I was probably stuck in traffic trying to get out. And leave the car park.They sent a photo of car showing my registration number,

Evidence of what?

no other cars in the photo no cars in front or behind. I know when entered and exit that car park it was bumper to bumper. No parking ticket was issued no parking attendant was seen, it was a free parking period of 3 hours

So they want £60.00 for 13 minuets extra

:eek:

Code 80 for longer than the maximum period permitted

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How do I fair with this parking issue

Very easy, ignore it.

regards

I get the general idea of IGONORE IGNORE IGNORE! I just want to make sure that this is the best and most up to date advice. Car parked in a EURO Carpark disabled bay, thought it was mother and baby. RK is Mrs but I was driver. They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days. I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

Does Mrs just wait till letter comes through then write back stating i am the RK however I was not driving the vehicle on that date and if you continue I will pursue harassment claim?????

Have any of the threads that suggest IGNORE actually been endorsed by any contract lawyers?

Your advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

RK is Mrs but I was driver.

Great coz then she has no case to answer. :)

They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days. I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

Doesn't really matter what they think is reasonable or not

Does Mrs just wait till letter comes through then write back stating i am the RK however I was not driving the vehicle on that date and if you continue I will pursue harassment claim?????

No, she waits for their letters then does nothing with them except stick them in a drawer with their scamvoice.

Have any of the threads that suggest IGNORE actually been endorsed by any contract lawyers?

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their letters

Do not pay them

Hi. I received a letter from Trthowans saying they have been instructed by CP Plus Ltd. Quote

"We are advised by our client that their parking attendant observed a vehicle at the above location on the specified date and that this vehicle, which is registered in your name, did not adhere to the Parking Regulations detailed on the Notice Boards. as a result, a charge Notice was issued as detailed above which remains unpaid" The info "above" includes my vehicle reg, Location being GR-STAFFORD.

Grateful for your opinion(s). Thanks

I get the general idea of IGONORE IGNORE IGNORE! I just want to make sure that this is the best and most up to date advice.

It Is.

Car parked in a EURO Carpark disabled bay, thought it was mother and baby.

Disabled bays have no legal meaning on a private car park.

RK is Mrs but I was driver.

Well that would be the end of any case against 'Mrs'.

They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days.

:lol::lol:

I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

They can't

Just ignore them, you will really struggle in a case of harrassment against them.

What lawyer would ever say that. I.E. 'I suggest you ignore them so i get no money from you'. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.

Duly given.

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

regards

I am hoping someone can help me.

Today I paid £10.50 for a day's parking at Darlington Station. The tickets was clearly displayed.

When I returned to my car stuck on the windscreen was a plastic bag sayig "Penalty Charge Notice - Warning - It is an offence for any person other than the driver to remove this notice".

Inside is a document headed "Parking Penalty Notice number ECPxxxxxx".

It goes on to say "Notice of breach of terms and conditions. This car park is regulated by the terms and conditons displayed. By entering the car park you have agreed and contracted to be legally bound by those terms and conditions". (I never saw any terms or conditions.)

The vehicle details are then recorded and it goes on to note "in circumstances which gave reasonable cause to believe that the offence indicated below was beng committed.

OFFENCE(S):- Contrary to Railway Byelaw 14 or Terms & Conditions (please tick)..."

There are 8 boxes. The seventh is ticked "Improper use of area marked for (specify)" and then written in "short stay only".

It appears having paid the full daily rate I chose a bay I shouldn't have used, totally unknowingly.

It goes on: "By reason of your breach, you are required to pay the penalty shown below". This shows a standard penalty of £60 and a reduced penalty of £30 for payment within 14 days.

It then states: "If payment is not received within thirty (30) days, East Coast Main Line Company Ltd will commence collection procedures (which may include legal action) for the recovery of the sum claimed in this notice along with all costs associated with its recovery."

"East Coast Main Line Company Ltd reserve the right to seek recovery for any other sums legally recoverable where the company deems appropriate to recover any losses sustained by them."

"Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to Revenue Protecton Support Services and must be endorsed on the reverse with your name and address. This notice and payment should be sent to Revenue Protection Support Services, PO Box 89, Portsmouth, PO1 1EG. Alternatively payment can be made using your debit or credit card by calling 02392 778748"

"Registered keeper details may be obtained from DVLA"

And most worrying "Maximum penalty £1,000 (Railway Byelaw 14 - Traffic Signs, causing obstruction and parking)".

It appears I did stupidly park where I shouldn't have. (It was very early morning and I could have chosen an allowed bay. I didn't understand the signs which are new since I last parked at that station.)

Is this a private parking charge which can be ignored?

The notice gives no details of how to appeal.

99% of tickets claiming to be "under railway byelaws 14" are nothing of teh sort and are only normal PPC scamvoices dressed up as such.

However, genuine byelaw 14 PCN cannot be just ignored so it is important to establish which this is. Can you post a scan of it up here, both sides, (with personal details obscured) so that the experts can look it over.

I'll try to get a scan posted here on Friday. (I'm away from scanner at the moment.) But my posting contained almost everything on the document as shown in quotes. The only bits I missed out were the other "offence" boxes (Not displaying valid parking ticket - Exceeding permitted parking time - Causing an obstruction - Failing to park correctly within marked bay - Parking/waiting on pavement, kerb or verge - Parking/waiting where waiting or loading restricitons apply - Expired Business Package parking ticket, please pay top up at the Travel Centre before removing vehicle to avoid penalty shown below).

There are then boxes filled in to show "Issued by" [P Johnson], number [EC9803], date of issue [19/01/10].

The reverse of the small green form is blank.

Near the top there are completed boxes for reg number, make, model and colour of car, name of carpark [Parcate Short Stay, Darlington], date, and at/between [08.00 hrs] and [09.00 hrs].

I will scan and post but the above with my earlier posting comprises the complete notice. My earlier posting also noted contents of plastic bag stuck to window advising it is in an offence for anyone other than driver to remove.

I am very nervous about ignoring. I can pay £30. But I don't want to pay a lot more. (I live in a remote area so it would cost a lot to send debt collectors.) I have read of people being taken to court.

This looks like a REAL ticket RPPS are indeed the enforcement arm of East Coast Main Line.

I would personally telephone them and ask what their appeals process is and take it from there.

More knowledgeable people may give a better response.

regards

Hi guys, newbie here.

So, I return home from work to find my car has been clamped outside my house this evening. :( I recently bought the car and it has been parked on my drive (until it's taxed), but due to the battery packing up, I was forced to put it into one of the spaces outside the house (as my work van isn't allowed to be parked there as it's a commercial vehicle). I displayed my permit, but because my tax disc isn't valid is was clamped.

Now, the question is: is it legal to clamp my car... it's off the road and is displaying a valid permit, as the only reasons related I've found on the citizens advice website is for not displaying a valid permit or permit at all. No mention of tax??

Thanks

Further to my postings on Tuesday and Wednesday here is [redacted] scan of ticket:

Image20.gif

The reverse of the ticket is blank.

I'm not sure this will show but have attached scan too. (I'm not too good with these things.)

Please can I be advised whether this ticket is subject to Railway Bylaw 14 so it has to be paid?

One aspect I notice is the ticket states the car was parked "at/between between 08.00 hrs and 09.00 hrs". Yet the short stay car park, according to station wesbite, allows stays of up to 1 hour on payment of £1. Here £10.50 had been paid for a day's parking.

Another irritation is that it appears from the ticket that the penalty would have been identical if the £10.50 had not been paid.

Parking penalty 1.pdf

One aspect I notice is the ticket states the car was parked "at/between between 08.00 hrs and 09.00 hrs". Yet the short stay car park, according to station wesbite, allows stays of up to 1 hour on payment of £1. Here £10.50 had been paid for a day's parking.

This point may well be worth exploring further.

I'm not an expert on railway PCNs and this one doesn't seem to be obviously a PPC invoice so we need that confirming first. If it is a correct railways byelaw PCN then I would assume it is subject to the "normal" rules of council PCNs; i.e. once it is issued it cannot be amended.

If parking is allowed for 1 hour in that car park then I fail to see how accusing you of parking for 1 hour can be an offence. It is irrelevant if you subsequently left the car there till 4pm, that is not what they are accusing you of doing.

Thank you. When you say my point about the hour may be worth exploring further what do you have in mind?

Also how do I find out if it is a railways bylaw 14 ticket?

I guess I have three options: (1) ignore everything, but I am very nervous of that if I could be liable, (2) just pay the £30, or (3) phone up the payment number and query (or write to the payment address). But I suspect (3) is a waste of time and I don't want the cost to increase from £30 to £60 from any delay.

Help on my approach will be much appreciated.

Thank you. When you say my point about the hour may be worth exploring further what do you have in mind?

The point being if the rules state you may park for an hour, then you cannot be in breech when they record on the PCN that you parked for an hour!

Also how do I find out if it is a railways bylaw 14 ticket?

Wait for a more expert CAGger to have a look at it and confirm if it is a correct byelaw 14 PCN (Expert Caggers can be a bit like busses sometimes; don't see one for ages then 3 will turn up in your thread all at once :lol: :lol: )

I guess I have three options: (1) ignore everything, but I am very nervous of that if I could be liable,

don't if it is a real PCN

(2) just pay the £30,

don't if it's a PPC scamvoice

or (3) phone up the payment number and query (or write to the payment address). But I suspect (3) is a waste of time and I don't want the cost to increase from £30 to £60 from any delay.

Help on my approach will be much appreciated.

Thank you again. I'll wait for a few days to see if anyone can give me a confident answer between (1) and (2).

If the answer is it is a real byelaw 14 then I still don't get how I can challenge the PCN. There is no appeal procedure noted.

If the answer is to just ignore it then presumably there is no stage at which I'll raise the validity point.

With the back of the PCN being blank and there being no clearly displayed method of appeal is very much leaning towards it been a PPC scamvoice.

To only have printing on one side almost sounds like the PPC ran out of "proper" tickets so just photocopied some more but only the one side coz they think that's the important side where they ask for the money. :p

It may well be real. very similar to other real ones I have seen and no real tell-tale marks of a PPC [problem]. That doesn't mean that the railway will take it to magistrate's court as there is no money it for them, if they do that the court gets the money. May be worth a quck request to HMCS to see how many bylaw cases this company has brought - specifically for byelaw 14 but numbers for any byelaw cases may also be informative. The railway company will have its own byelaws. they all look much of a muchness but still worth getting hold of a copy. also see the Transport Act 2000 Schedule 20

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks