Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To hansolo

i find it really shocking how they can still be bugging you for payment when you clearly paid for the ticket!!!:mad: can you honestly see that going to court?? i dont know if they would be so silly? w j parking are class A **** in my book. i hope things go well for you:D

Edited by overandout
did put who the message was for..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hansolo,

If you read other posts you will see that doubt often creeps in despite the advice given. This is exactly what the PPC/DCA wants, you start responding and they up the pressure. If you ignore them they will realise, eventually, that you have slipped the hook.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I think it would be useful to people to see the process and the tactics these these companies try -

So, they

1 Stick an invoice that looks like a parking ticket to your vehicle

2 get the registered keepers details from DVLC

3 Write 5 times asking for money, adding further charges and making vague threats about court action, vehicle seizure and bailiffs, while igoring all correspondence

4 Write a 6th time claiming there was a contractual agreement with you, and assuming that you parked in the area, because you are the registered keeper

I have used all the templates, and twice asked UKCPS to cease and desist. I even phoned them on 4 October. Their latest letter claims I have made no attempt to contact them! So now I will send copies of all my letters (based on these excellent templates) by registered post, and ignore further correspondence.

Any clues what they will do next - contact a debt recovery company I expect.

Has anybody had any success asking the police to investigate this as a harrassment issue?

D

David

It is interesting to note that you admit to receiving a parking notice whilst you were parked (your post 28th July) on double yellow lines. Yet you now seem to be saying you are not liable for the charge - explain please so we can understand.

In case you hadn't worked it out "peternet" is an admitted PPC troll (for UKCPS IIRC) who hangs around here (because in common with other PPC trolls) he has little better for doing and is extremely sad. Take no notice of him. You have no obligation to explain yourself to him in any way. However posters should be aware that PPC trolls constantly lurk around this site and that they should NEVER publicly reveal information around the circumstances of the issuing of the unenforcable invoice - place, time, PPC involved, who was driver etc. Do not give the [causing problems] idiots any ammunition to use against you.

Just got a new letter from one of the debt collection agencies [which I'm ignoring as I recently sent one of the cease and desist templates asking for proof of the driver or naff off].

However, it made me laugh regarding some of the content.

I should also draw your attention to two aspects of case law.:

1) Watteau v Fenwick ( 1893 )

2) Combined Parking Solutions v S J Thomas ( 2008 )

Please consider your actions very carefully and provide the drivers details by return of past

I'm sure they have the wrong date in the first one :)

How much bull is this?

Edited by xxJONESxx

I should also draw your attention to two aspects of case law.:

1) Watteau v Fenwick ( 1893 )

2) Combined Parking Solutions v S J Thomas ( 2008 )

Please consider your actions very carefully and provide the drivers details by return of past

Please consider your actions very carefully and provide the drivers details by return of past --- in line with which particular case law are they implying you are required (legally) to have to do this?

ps edit

Item 2 is case law is it now even though it was only in a magistrates court?

Lies are being told here. The Thomas case is not a precedent for anything but even if it were it would not be a precedent for the RK having to name the driver. This is deliberately misleading and may even be an offence (the new Fraud Act?). You are not legally required to name the driver, assuming that you know who it was. Watteau v Fenwick is a case concerning implied authority and it totally irrelevant to PPCs. Only the driver is responsible for any contract he may have entered (the Thomas case did not rule otherwise according to the newspaper report) and there is no question of him having implied authority for the RK. These guys are like morons that have been let loose with a law book, although I admit it is a good laugh. Do not worry and do not enter into further correspondence with these idiots.

HI I'm a newbie, need some help.

A couple of days ago I made a parking mistake.

There are some shops and they have small carpark. They have some rows of parking, each row has a mixture of disabled and Parent a Child spaces, ie maybe 1 PC and 2Dis next to each other or vice versa.

It was late at night I had a neborn baby, two toddlers and a large faulty baby item to return and was in a hurry. I thought I parked in the P+C but it was disabled. I was in and out of the shop in 10 mins. The space next to me was P+C.

The parking attendent must have been watching me, he did not comment but 5 mins after I left the car he put a parking charge notice on the windscreen by Town and City Parking Ltd.

The fine is for £30.00. I am not the registered owner of the car, my partner is.

Can you please advise, I am not sure what to do.

Any help, advise would most gratefully be appreciated.

Hi Samera and welcome to the forum,

What you have is not a 'fine', it is an enenforceable invoice. First, do not contact these morons at all either by post or especially by telephone.

They will eventually apply to DVLA, who without any shame sell your partners details for £2.50, they will then start to write and harass him for payment of the invoice. You could refer him to this site for the advice of ignore all, alternatively you can use one of the template letters from the site.

As has been mentioned above ignore threats of, 'case law' and ccj's, bailiffs and bankruptcy.

Any problem or worries post back here for further support.

regards

when T&C write to the RK the RK should write back and tell them that they were not the driver on the day and that it is up to T&C to pursue the driver for any alleged breach. The RK has NO obligation to provide ANY information - this is a civil matter Ignore all other paper that comes from them and keep it safe in the drawer. then hope that they issue real court papers as the RK would slam dunk win and humiliate them.

Hi there I am new here.

This happened to me today.

Parked my car tonight in a pay and display car park operated by S.I.P (Stop Illegal Parking) in Manchester. I forgot to buy a ticket as it was 7pm and didnt realise it operated until 8.

Came back to find a pcn on my windshield, saying I need to pay £50 within 24 hours, £70 within 7 days and then £117 after 28 days.

I would love a way to get out of this.

So I waited around for someone to come to their car and I asked them for their pay and display ticket. So I now have a pay and display ticket that was bought at 19:09 and my ticket was issued at 19:13. Could I claim that it fell off the screen? I am not sure what to do?

One other potential problem is that on the pcn it says issued at 19:13 but first seen 18:56.

I am not sure what to do and would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you so much

Hi there I am new here.

I would love a way to get out of this.

I am not sure what to do and would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you so much

Very easy, ignore all correspondence, they will get fed up and go away.

regards

hi, after a bit of research, this is a template that could be useful

Dear Sir/ Madam,

In reference to your letter / invoice XXXXX

Regarding the above ticket, I am not aware of parking in the space you allege, or entering into any contract with you. In accordance with the civil procedure rules,

please send me evidence of:

• 1. The establishment of any contract
  • 2. The identity of the driver and,
  • 3. Your entitlement to collect any money whatsoever.

Please note, I deny that I am liable to you in any way.

Furthermore I put you on notice that you have no lawful reason to process my data, and order you to cease doing so under the Data protection Act 1998.

Could you please advise the basis in law that you feel enables you to issue a parking ticket that appears to mimic those issued by the police, traffic wardens and/or local authorities and to levy penalties

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

As such, please take notice, that in the absence of such a contractual basis aforementioned, then your first letter is the first act of vexation towards myself under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and a second would render the prohibition completed as to the the two ocurrences of vexation within the meaning of the aforesaid Act making it actionable on my side.

I look forward to receiving your written response within 21 days of the date of this letter. If I do not hear from you, I may take further action against you to protect my position through the courts and trading standards.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say after taking all the advice on the thread with the template letters I have got out of a parking invoice with Excel Parking. It will take a few letters guys but after a while they stop coming after you so keep going and don't give in.

Wow. Really good advice on this forum and I'm heartened to see everyone kinda pulling together against these fraudulent companies.

Of course, I'm here becuase I was also issued a ticket from a private company (vehicle control services), demanding £80 as I did not display a permit. I was visiting the property the carpark was located at though, hence why I thought I could use it :(

Basically, should I deny I was driving or should I plead, saying I was using the property as a guest (which I was!). The ticket says they have film evidence - does that mean I can't deny being the driver?

Any suggestions?

regards

Yes send the template letter that is on this thread and then claim you cant remember who was driving. As far as film evidence as for a copy and it should be just the front and back of your car which doesnt show the driver therefore you werent driving and cant remember who borrowed your car. It will take a few letters but you will get there.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks