tom a Vs HSBC

freakyleaky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can claim all charges relating to unauthorised o/d, bounced cheques, returned DD's, notified fees ect. That link that Jo has given you is up to date and will tell you what you can claim for.

Just shout if you need more help!:) .

I sent of my SAR last week and recieved separate letters today for each account.

They give me a list of charges split into two groups.

1. Overdraft related charges and adjustments.

This lists various fees from £20 to £100 for overdraft fees.

In total the charges are £465.

2. Other related charges and adjustments.

This lists charges for recalled S/O - D/D total £430

My question is can I claim for the overdraft related charges or do I need a further breakdown of charges obtainable from my statements.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tom. If your claim is for a business account then yes you will need a breakdown of the "total charges" figures. If it is for just a personal account then no you do not need a breakdown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Here is a link to a thread that details the charges you can claim for.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Looked at the "charges description thread" but am still unclear if overdraft fees are reclaimable. These are spread over a period of 18 months and vary from £20 to £100.

Can you advise me further.

Thanks.

If you were charged for going over your overdraft limit eg"Total charges" then these are claimable. HSBC charged £25 per day for being over a limit. If you are really stuck, just post up the description of the charges you have and we can say yes or no as to whether they are claimable (but as this is a personal account, they are all pretty much claimable)

• Haha 1

Thanks for that. Have not had statements sent to me only a list of charges.

I will stick all charges on my claim.

Just make sure that you have not got any arrangement fees for things like when you rang them and increased your overdarft facility. This charge also used to be £25. The ones that you can claim for usually appear once a month around the same time every month (except for the bouncy items of which they were charged for on the actual day)

• 4 weeks later...

Think I've dropped a clanger. Sent my prelim letter with schedule of charges. Got a standard reply.

Just doing a LBA and can't find my schedule of charges. Done another spreadsheet but the interest on penalties is different to my original claim by £4.59.

Please tell me I'm just being thick and it's an easy fix.

Hi tom. If the interest that is on your schedule is the 8% interest, then this is not claimable just yet. You go for that interest when you file your claim at court.

If this is the 8% interest, I would hide the interest column on your spreadsheet so you can then just print off the schedule of charges.

guessing its the interest building up to todays date rather than 14 days ago. The CAG spreadsheet is live to todays date so even if you found the last one you did it would be more than you asked for 14 days ago :).

If you want to check click on your computers date in the far bottom right corner of the screen, alter it to the date of your prelim letter and then open the spreadsheet, is that the same figure you asked for?

(alter your computers date back after :D)

pete

To change the date on our computer.

Right click on the time at the bottom right of your screen. Then click on adjust date/time. Adjust the date to the date of your prelim letter and then press ok. Don't have the spreadsheet of your charges open when you do this though. Once you have changed the date of your computer, open the spreadsheet and it should agree to your prelim letter.