Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanx Michael - i will do nothing with them. However what happens if in the case i am actually taken to court by them. i am sure i can have my office as witnesses to me and my car being at work (i am well known to park badly at work) - have you heard off people going to court by Excel?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excel have been to court a couple of times but they lost. Most notably in a case heard in Mansfield. Don't worry it's very, very unlikely it will go to court. I am afraid you are taking this [problem] mush too seriously.

Hi Mossy. If you want an Excel ticket in Wakefield try doing what I did. I parked in the car park behind the new market hall. I paid for 4 hours parking but had to leave after 30 mins. I came back an hour later and didn't bother buying a new ticket as I still had the original one which still had a couple of hours left on it. Because I was photographed entering the car park and there was no corresponding purchase on the machine Excel decided I hadn't displayed a valid ticket, which I had. I'm still fighting!!!

Phew... I've just finished reading this post from start to finish (well it is Sunday morning and I've nothing better to do)!!

Although I made the mistake of contacting Excel before finding this forum, I won't be contacting them again. The advice on here is unequivocal. DONT RESPOND TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE either written or verbal. However, there are many contributors to this thread, which has covered a substantial period of time and it would be great to hear from some of you on how things have progressed. If the letters finally stopped what was the content of the last letter you received? Did anyone actually receive any correspondence which said the matter was closed? Did anyone go to court? Just off the top of my head these are some of the users it would be good to hear from: hwasdsworth, Seen the light, Barsteward, Peter Griffin and my favourite user name ecky Thump.

This is a new one on me with regards to PCNs. I was lucky enough today to receive one from Excel. This was delivered in the form of a kosher penalty charge ie. it was in a small yellow and black plastic pouch and the ticket inside looked like one that would be issued by a traffic warden. It was attached to the window on the driver's side of my car.

My question is that surely this format of ticket must contravene some law or other. Firstly, because it could be mistaken for an authentic parking fine and also that Excel could be seen to be masquerading as a public authority such as the police or local council. Furthermore I am supposed to have been guilty of a 'contravention code'. In this case it was code '81' - parked in a restricted area of the car park. What the hell does that mean? I was parked over the 3 hours 'permitted' in that car park yet the attendant has recorded that the car was seen at 13.15 and then the [causing problems] fleecing ticket was issued at 13.30. I arrived at the car park at 12.50 - so what is their logic on this one?

I am none the wiser, but I will definitely be ignoring their illegal robbing demands. Please report any other tickets of this type you may have received as I'd be interested to read about them.

:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

There are lots of ppcs that issue tickets that look like real tickets, that is the idea to fool the punter into thinking they have been ticketed by a lawful authority.

Sadly the cops or trading standards are interested in these breaches of the law.

You are doing the right thing in ignoring them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this thread so I thought I would post what I added to another thread as this one seems to get more responses.

I returned to Albert St Carpark in Birmingham about a month ago to find a Parking Charge Notice stuck to the driver window.

The ticket says I did not have a valid ticket displayed. I was displaying a blue badge and as this car park was a Birmingham City Car Park (now in Excels hands which I did not know about) it would have been free for me. I explained all this in a letter to Excel and that I rarely use this car park so how was I to know it was now in their control. They ignored this plea. I got the usual pay by a date or it will be increased to £100 otherwise court proceeding will take place. I was there earlier on my own so I got a ticket not realising it was an all day ticket. When I got it I didnt see the blue badge payment on the machine. I explain in another e-mail that I actually had a ticket but they still ignored me. Again threatening me with increased fine and court. Am about to compile another e-mail explaining yet again that I have a vaild ticket which I copied them and if I was supposed to know blue badge was not valid would I really be stupid enough to fail to display it. I will also say I will not be paying anything as I had already paid to use the car park and that their fine is unacceptable.

Is this a reasonable response. I have taken a look at some of the templates and will probably use one as a basis of a

my e-mail

You have already communicated with Excel too much, and in case you haven't realised by now, no matter what you say they are going to keep demanding money from you.

Do not write to them any more

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their junk mail

Do not pay them

Thanks,

My last e-mail was sent last night I advised them that any more mail received from them or their agents will be charged to open and reply.

More waste of your time. See the other posts, STOP writing to them.

If you think they are remotely interested in whatever you say then you are sadly mistaken.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would update my fellow caggers... I have recived a "FINAL DEMAND NOTICE" from excel saying if i dont pay up they wil issue court proceedings. I will ignore this due to previous posts and will be impressed if it ends up in court they will be surprised when they have me and my car on cctv in kent and nowhere nere chorley or cum-hardy??

Excel are **** and companies like them need to be dealt with accordingly it is just a shame that the givernement and police do not care.