Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have it in writing that they are claiming £100 off you because you failed to input a correct registration number, and they have used the term "did not meet the terms and conditions", get Trading Standards involved and provide them with a copy of the letter. (Go to their offices and make a complaint, not consumer direct)

They are very clearly trading in breach of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999 in that they are claiming for costs for breaching of their contract which are well in excess of their actual costs.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I received a parking fine off the ***** at Excel parking whilst parked at the Crown point Retail park in Leeds. It was just before xmas and the car park was heaving ( as it is very poorly desgined) There were no spaces left at all and i had it was pushing closing time of all the shops on a sunday and i had a return to do. So i parked up on the a curd in the car park alongside two other cars, one in front and one behind. Then when i returned there was some plonker putting a ticket on my car, saying i had broken the rule by not parkingin a bay..bla bla bla. I started to argue but he was thick as mince so i left it and proceeded to the "Site Managers" office, which of course was closed!

So i then wrote them a letter disputing the fine, stating that is was not enforcable under the Unfair terms of contract act and that if any damages were casued to the curd, this woudl not be to the amount of the fine, it woudl be far less. I also stated that if they wished to take this further i would sse them in court.

Then a whole month later i got a very poorly written reply saying all this rubbish about how i had broken my contract when entereing the car park and bla bla bla, and they also enclosed photos of my car, (basically trying to scare me) The also stated they coudl not take me to court without going through certain procedures, ie threats!

They also said if i dont pay by a certain date, it will go up to £100..but no reasons were given for this!

What also baffled me as the cars to the front and the rear of me did not get tickets, and they were parked there beofre me!

Anyway, do you think i shoudl pay it or reply saying...see you in court?

or any other ideas?

I SOOO do not want to pay as i think they are just robbing bullies, who rely on intimidating people!

HELP! as its winding me right up!

You should start your own thread.

I wouldn't have contacted them in the first place - you just got back their standard "appeal rejected" letter.

They'll be no particular reason the other cars escaped. The guy was probably on his tea break. It makes no difference.

Anyway, just ignore Excel and do not contact them again, no matter how many letters they send or how threatening they become. No point saying "see you in court" because they won't listen to you.

Hi Richard

Thanks for this and sorry I didn't reply but been on holiday for many weeks - just got back and another standard letter from excel however one change in this one is they have now pushed the date out from 5th Jan for the £60 to 2nd Feb after that it goes up to £100.00, so interesting that they have moved dates!

If you have it in writing that they are claiming £100 off you because you failed to input a correct registration number, and they have used the term "did not meet the terms and conditions", get Trading Standards involved and provide them with a copy of the letter. (Go to their offices and make a complaint, not consumer direct)

They are very clearly trading in breach of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999 in that they are claiming for costs for breaching of their contract which are well in excess of their actual costs.

Hi Tirnanog

Just wondering what happened with your Excel issue - did they back down or just go away eventually. As you can see from another posting I made today they are still trying to get £60.00 from me. Just the standard letter was sent again with a new date for paying the £60.00 by.

Let me know what has happened as I am going to stick this one out and not pay.

Hi hwadsworth, could you change your name; I spat all over my screen when I tried to say it out loud :).

Not much to add since I posted the one above that you have read. Having received a demand from the debt people and one from their solicitor the following day, and replied I then rec another from the debt people threatening to give me to their solicitor so I replied that they had done that already and should read their correspondence properly and to please not send me any more threatening letters as I would only reply to their solicitor or the county court. That was 18th Nov and have heard nothing yet but that probably doesnt mean anything if they really do apply to CC. I stand by this; I bought a ticket and left the car park before the expiry of that ticket, excel have admitted as much and if they are want to waste court time with this they are feckin eedjits (sorry I grew up in Ireland!) and deserve everything the court is going to say to them.

Did you actually receive the PCN (which I understand a private parking company cant issue) or have you just got the £100 one and lost your right of appeal?

The only difference between our cases is that I had all the correct characters bar one on my ticket whereas you say you put in a completely different number; how does the timing on the ticket gel with the time given on your PCN?

Will keep an eye on this everyday to see if you reply...........and will keep some screen cleaner handy :D

This a very long thread and most of it is quite unnecessary. We are talking about PRIVATE enforcement companies.

All these private parking companies no matter how big and official they look to you are running an unlawful and often criminal [problem]. They are only there because people who do not know their rights are intimidated by official looking documents, "debt collection agents" and "solicitors". If nobody paid them they would cease to exist. Contacting them with appeals etc, will always result with in 'give us the money' or 'give us more money' responses. Any communication with them will make them think you are uncertain of your rights and will stimulate them to frighten you more. All they are interested is your money. Clearly a lot of you are concerned at the unfairness of your situation. Fairness has nothing to do with it - these people are not interested in fairnesss, lawfulness or even legality - all they are after is your money.

Probably the only letter that might get them off your back is a one liner :- ' if you are certain that you are entitled to claim money off me please take me to court'. Otherwise do not contact them at all. There is good evidence on this board that you get far less hassle if you ignore them from the first document you receive. Keep all these documents carefully though.

Finally hardly anyone writing about their case on this thread have read the stickies ( the very good advice at the top of this board.) Do so and save yourself a lot of worry and heartache.

YOU ARE DEALING WITH [problematic]. IGNORE THEM.

We need to continue to say no to paying Excel on their "PCN chargers" for doing nothing - as you comment this is a long thread and we need to now make sure that Excel realises that we will go further and in my case I willing to go to court

This a very long thread and most of it is quite unnecessary. We are talking about PRIVATE enforcement companies.

All these private parking companies no matter how big and official they look to you are running an unlawful and often criminal [problem]. They are only there because people who do not know their rights are intimidated by official looking documents, "debt collection agents" and "solicitors". If nobody paid them they would cease to exist. Contacting them with appeals etc, will always result with in 'give us the money' or 'give us more money' responses. Any communication with them will make them think you are uncertain of your rights and will stimulate them to frighten you more. All they are interested is your money. Clearly a lot of you are concerned at the unfairness of your situation. Fairness has nothing to do with it - these people are not interested in fairnesss, lawfulness or even legality - all they are after is your money.

Probably the only letter that might get them off your back is a one liner :- ' if you are certain that you are entitled to claim money off me please take me to court'. Otherwise do not contact them at all. There is good evidence on this board that you get far less hassle if you ignore them from the first document you receive. Keep all these documents carefully though.

Finally hardly anyone writing about their case on this thread have read the stickies ( the very good advice at the top of this board.) Do so and save yourself a lot of worry and heartache.

YOU ARE DEALING WITH [problematic]. IGNORE THEM.

Sometimes fun writing to them questioning their reasons of justification for said invoice.

They do reply with some wonderfully verbose statements that bear no relevance to the alleged incident AND effectively hang them if it ever went to Court.

SORRY TO CONTINUE THIS LONG THREAD!

Hi all you Excel lovers!

I'm new on here and guess what...I've received a PCN from Excel too, on 22.1.09. 14 days to pay £60, then it goes up to £100+plus costs.

Mine was for the the Forster Square Retail Park in Bradford. No ticket machines there, so I thought it was unlimited parking. But 2 hours is the limit apparently, so I suppose I am to blame (parked there for 9hours in total - an unexpectedly long day with a client).

I was attacked in Bradford at the end of last year and usually travel in on the train, but on the day of the offence 7.1.09 I drove in and wanted to park somewhere there was going to a lot of people around.

I know that I'm probably to blame and should probably just pay up (first ever parking ticket BTW), but after what I've been reading about how ruthless Excel are I'm tempted not to.

ANY ADVICE ANYONE, PLEASE? Thanks!

Thanks PELHAM9 too. Will probably take your good advice!

:mad: Hi this is my first posting and was amazed to see so many disgruntled people having experienced bullying tactics from Excel parking. Like many I received a parking ticket for exceeding a 2hr limit. My defence was that the carpark in question is poorly signposted and infact I did not know it had a time limit (dispite actually returning 2 hrs and 10 mins later), and the parking attendent stating I was not the first to comment on not knowing it had a parking limit. My appeal was not acknowledged nor upheld, they sending a final response and a request for £100 or court action to my office, at which I rarely attend now. I was appalled by their customer relations (or lack of it on the phone), no less than a hail of abuse for me to pay. Interesting when I conceded their tone completely changed, with the manager at the other end stating he actually personally agreed with my point of view! I am seriously thinking of taking my experience to BBC "Watch dog" for them to investigate further. Any backers??

Hi I would be willing to support this course of action as they are bullies who need to be stopped. I did pay and had the ticket to prove it just didn't know my reg number - but I am ignoring them from now onwards unless they take the court action.

:mad: Hi this is my first posting and was amazed to see so many disgruntled people having experienced bullying tactics from Excel parking. Like many I received a parking ticket for exceeding a 2hr limit. My defence was that the carpark in question is poorly signposted and infact I did not know it had a time limit (dispite actually returning 2 hrs and 10 mins later), and the parking attendent stating I was not the first to comment on not knowing it had a parking limit. My appeal was not acknowledged nor upheld, they sending a final response and a request for £100 or court action to my office, at which I rarely attend now. I was appalled by their customer relations (or lack of it on the phone), no less than a hail of abuse for me to pay. Interesting when I conceded their tone completely changed, with the manager at the other end stating he actually personally agreed with my point of view! I am seriously thinking of taking my experience to BBC "Watch dog" for them to investigate further. Any backers??

Hi all you Excel lovers!

I'm new on here and guess what...I've received a PCN from Excel too, on 22.1.09. 14 days to pay £60, then it goes up to £100+plus costs.

Mine was for the the Forster Square Retail Park in Bradford. No ticket machines there, so I thought it was unlimited parking. But 2 hours is the limit apparently, so I suppose I am to blame (parked there for 9hours in total - an unexpectedly long day with a client).

I was attacked in Bradford at the end of last year and usually travel in on the train, but on the day of the offence 7.1.09 I drove in and wanted to park somewhere there was going to a lot of people around.

I know that I'm probably to blame and should probably just pay up (first ever parking ticket BTW), but after what I've been reading about how ruthless Excel are I'm tempted not to.

Ignore them. There is mounting evidence that they are running a clear fraud at this car park. Even with council filmed evidence they claim the system is perfect.

Look at their signs at the carpark - if you could actually read them.

I await my day in court for very same car park - me thinks it will be a long wait though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone - just had another letter from our friends excel - now telling me I have until the the 2nd March 2009 to pay the £60.00 (this is the third letter extending the time for payment). If I don't this time they have said it will result in them proceeding with court action where I "could" their word incur further costs - They are stating once again that I broke their t&cs by not entering my reg number. What should I do - ignore them!

Also this letter was actually signed by a person with letters after her name and a title of civil litigation - obviously trying another tactic to frighten people

Thanks as always - would be good to know someone else has beaten them

Hi all you Excel lovers!

Just had next notice to pay for £100 (13.2.09) to pay within 7 days otherwise court proceedings may be taken against me which may lead to a warrant being issued to the baliffs. It also states that I may incur £30 court fee and £50 solicitor's scale costs. I'm ignoring this one too!

You may have seen this already....

BBC - Radio 4 - Transcript - Face the Facts 29 July 2005

Hi - let me know what happens - my 3rd letter in addition to the PCN doesn't at the moment mention baliffs only the £60.00 and court proceedings - I hadn't seen the Radio 4 detail - interesting but they aren't changing - in fact I think they are getting worse - we need to look at doing something - maybe get in touch with watch dog something like that - what do you think?

Hi - let me know what happens - my 3rd letter in addition to the PCN doesn't at the moment mention baliffs only the £60.00 and court proceedings - I hadn't seen the Radio 4 detail - interesting but they aren't changing - in fact I think they are getting worse - we need to look at doing something - maybe get in touch with watch dog something like that - what do you think?

Hi hwadsworth, cheers, will do. post by Knotty on 30th Jan (page 7) mentions WatchDog, I feel like I was in the wrong but don't like the way Excel are treating people so it could be worthwhile if we get a few people together. Maybe start a new topic about WatchDog to make things simpler?

Hi Guys,

Im sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.

I have been paying off a parking ticket I received by giving Plymouth City Council £5 per month. Two days ago I telephoned the payment line to make another £5 payment this is how the conversation went.

Automated Voice (AV): The full amount you owe is £95. To make a payment press 1.

I pressed 1.

AV: Please type in the long number across your debit card followed by the hash key.

I did this.

AV: Now type the expiry date followed by the hash key.

I did this.

AV: Now turn over your card and type in the 3 digit security number.

I did this.

AV: Thank you please wait while we process your transaction.

I hung up immediately feeling sick. They had taken the whole payment of £95. Never once was I asked how much I wanted to pay and not once was I asked to confirm how much I wanted to pay. Is this legal? I am a full-time student. I have to pay my own tuition fess (not because my parents are rich I must add), I receive no grant and the bank will not give me a student account so I can have an overdraft. All I have is my student loan and some money from part-time work to survive on, I am living on a pittance and the Council has taken £95 of my last £136. Is there anything I can do to get a refund? Surely I should have been given the chance of knowing how much I wanted to pay, I did not authorise at all £95 I only wanted to pay £5, this is just not right.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TheyrCriminals

You should start your own thread really, but unless you have some sort of agreement with the council, you owe the full £95. If you've been paying £5 a month and then they've taken £95, doesn't that mean you've paid too much overall?

I'd be glad if it's paid though. If you don't have an agreement about the £5 a month, it's status is basically outstanding and you eventually will be paid a visit by bailiffs.