Its Ruthbridge Again... help!

hidebait
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys i've had the same problems with these idiots. they've been chasing me for a £3200 debt from 2001. after no response to my cca request and subsequent letters i contacted middlesex trading standards (where ruthbridge are based) and reported them for harrasment. this was over 2 months ago since then trading standards have informed me by letter that ruthbridge are being investigated and so far i've had no more contact from them. with the help from this site it's made me realise that prats like these are just that, prats.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Sorry to be a nuisance.... but i cant seem to download the templates from the library for the CCA letter.

I have XP, but only have word pad.

Can anyone help, perhps by pasting the letter onto ths thread so i can copy and paste it into worpad.

Thanks.

Hi Hidebait

If you are absolutely sure the debt is statute barred then you really need to send the statute barred letter first (Letter “M”).

I cannot reproduce this on an open forum but if you PM me, I will send it to you.

If you are not sure how to PM, have a read of this:-

How Do I?.....

Bo:)

Hi,

Sorry to be a nuisance.... but i cant seem to download the templates from the library for the CCA letter.

I have XP, but only have word pad.

Can anyone help, perhps by pasting the letter onto ths thread so i can copy and paste it into worpad.

Thanks.

Go to the appropriate letter. Highlight it. Ctrl C copies it Ctrl V pastes it into your document:)

If you get stuck, let us know. I'll PM you a link to an MS Office alternative that is compatible with Word etc, so you can not only do your documents professionally, but also for free. Wordpad does tend to have its limitations, and not everyone can afford the MS Office suite.

In fact, I have a copy on my PC here, so I'll dump it on a server and post up the link.

NOTE TO MODS: It's open source, so don't worry about me advertising dodgy software on your forum. :D

OOPS! Ignore my ramblings. It's 105 Megs, and I've only got a slow satellite connection on this boat. Sorry.

You can get it direct though, from OpenOffice.org: Home

Be aware it's a hefty download though, so you'll need a broadband connection. If you don't have that, libraries sometimes have CD's for a few pennies that would let you use their fast internet connection to save it for use at home.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

well congratulations, they are in default.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Hi Guys,

I sent my CCA to Ruthbridge on Nov 29th,by recorded delivery. Signed for on 30th November. I have waited 12 days, but so far nothing from them.

What do i do now?

Wait another 30 days.... then?

Dont do anything unless they contact you again demanding money. Its not your job to remind these 'Professionals' of thheir legal obligations.

If they demand money without producing a CCA then report them to TS as well as asking for details of their own complaints procedure

• 4 weeks later...

HB, difficult to tell.

You may get a demand from another DCA, who knows, but it does seem safe to say Ruthless are out of the game.

The next DCA that arrives send them a statute barred letter and go from there. If it turns out not to be, for whatever reason, then Ruthless have done you a favour ignoring your CCA.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well..... when i had thought the dust had settled, i got a letter from Cabot finance asking me to contact them, which i duly did. They say they have now purchase this debt! It was theres in the first place before they passed it on to ruthbridge.

So far, Sent cca in november last year to Ruthbridge, no response as yet.

Now a letter from Cabot, who tell me it is the same providian account.

Do i just wait and see what the postie brings or do i start a full on defence to Cabot with the CCA.

Checked the paperwork again, account closed October 2001, that must just about make it statute barred? Do i deal with cabot or do i tell them i have unfinished business with Ruthbridge as they havent responded to me letter a year ago?

All help gratefully received x