Link trying nasty ways to get you to phone back

bigandyuk1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thats deffo a good one.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reviving an old thread.....

I had a debt with Link in 2007, and paid it off (or so I thought). I had a letter this week saying:

Reference XXXXXXXXXXXX

Credit Subject Investiagtion: Mrs XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

A recent search of a UK Credit Reference Agency database has verified that you are currently using this address for financial transactions, which are reported to the Agency.

We are now making you aware that we are currently considering formal recovery action against you, which could increase the current outstanding balanfe, owed to us by you.

This action could also:-

- affect your ability to obtain further credit oar a mobile phone contract, and

- hinder your career at either your current or prospective employers

We urge you to contact our office on 020920808685 today quoting the reference number at the top of this letter.

Yours etc.......

Firstly, I check my old records and it seemed I didn't make the last and a bit extra payment - fair play, I'm happy to pay up. However, the amount listed on the letter is the original debt! I made payments by cheque so it is going to be a pain in the butt to get full details and proof :mad:

Secondly - can they just do a search without me knowing?

Thirdly - what the heck are they on about "hinder your career"?

I HATE these people! They originally mithered my neighbours for my details when all this kicked off - really embarrassing, and intrusive.

I'm writing saying my records show etc etc and I'll happily pay up the £86 I owe - is htat fair enough?

Many thanks for reading.

Edited by nickyhutch

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Reviving an old thread.....

I had a debt with Link in 2007, and paid it off (or so I thought). I had a letter this week saying:

Reference XXXXXXXXXXXX

Credit Subject Investiagtion: Mrs XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

A recent search of a UK Credit Reference Agency database has verified that you are currently using this address for financial transactions, which are reported to the Agency.

We are now making you aware that we are currently considering formal recovery action against you, which could increase the current outstanding balanfe, owed to us by you.

This action could also:-

- affect your ability to obtain further credit oar a mobile phone contract, and

- hinder your career at either your current or prospective employers

We urge you to contact our office on 020920808685 today quoting the reference number at the top of this letter.

Yours etc.......

Firstly, I check my old records and it seemed I didn't make the last and a bit extra payment - fair play, I'm happy to pay up. However, the amount listed on the letter is the original debt! I made payments by cheque so it is going to be a pain in the butt to get full details and proof :mad:

Secondly - can they just do a search without me knowing?

Thirdly - what the heck are they on about "hinder your career"?

I HATE these people! They originally mithered my neighbours for my details when all this kicked off - really embarrassing, and intrusive.

I'm writing saying my records show etc etc and I'll happily pay up the £86 I owe - is htat fair enough?

Many thanks for reading.

You will be able to obtain copy cheques from your bank/building society, there will be a small charge but well worth paying, as you need the evidence.

Yes, they search your CRA files.

"Hinder your Career", threat absolutely outrageous!

:

I HATE these people! They originally mithered my neighbours for my details when all this kicked off - really embarrassing, and intrusive."

Understatement!!!

I would say that your best course of action would be to make a FULL SAR, in order to ascertain what has occured in relation to this account.

You claim to have paid it off, with exception to £86 approx but they are claiming the full balance originally owed.

Out of interest have you received a statement of account from them since 1 October 2008?

AC

You will be able to obtain copy cheques from your bank/building society, there will be a small charge but well worth paying, as you need the evidence.

Yes, they search your CRA files.

"Hinder your Career", threat absolutely outrageous!

:

I HATE these people! They originally mithered my neighbours for my details when all this kicked off - really embarrassing, and intrusive."

Understatement!!!

I would say that your best course of action would be to make a FULL SAR, in order to ascertain what has occured in relation to this account.

You claim to have paid it off, with exception to £86 approx but they are claiming the full balance originally owed.

Out of interest have you received a statement of account from them since 1 October 2008?

AC

Hello Angrycat, and thanks for replying. Yes, I know I'll have to do some trawling through statments to find my cheques and get that sorted :mad: will teach me to keep clearer, fuller records.

What will the SAR show me? Will it show payments I've made?

And no, I've not received a thing from them statement-wise. I do think they're trying it on a bit, to be honest.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

"If they comply and get it wrong in a material respect or if they fail to comply at all, the penalties are severe. Not only will they not be able to enforce your agreements until the error is corrected, they will also be prohibited from charging interest or default sums for the period of non-compliance" !!!

- what the heck are they on about "hinder your career"?

For certain jobs you have to pass a credit check to get the job, so a poor credit history could be a hinderance.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

For certain jobs you have to pass a credit check to get the job, so a poor credit history could be a hinderance.

Absolutely.

Nasty little threat by Link Financial!

Heads Up; if you do not pay up, we will wreck your career...

• 2 years later...

It seems they are still up to their nasty ways 3 years later... They sent me a letter claiming that somebody was applying for credit in my name and using my address and asking me to call them urgently on this number.

Then my parents called me and said that an 'old friend called Ricky' was trying to get in touch with me and wanted my information to get back in tourch with me.

My dad refused and took his number instead. It was the same number as the letter, 0292 0909 696. This 'Ricky' specifically said he was an 'old friend' and we had lost touch some years ago and he really wanted to get back in contact with me. He got quite upset when my dad would not give him any information about me! How are they getting away with this behaviour still? It can't be legal?