Varde/Brachers claimform - MBNA card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a load of bowlarks!

Any company that refers to the McGuffick-v-HSBC case is not only deluding themselves but also attempting to mislead the debtor. Believe me "You have them against the ropes".

IMO I would send a copy of that to the OFT/TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

There is nothing further you need do, until and "IF" they ever send you a copy of your agreement, you are legally able to withhold any payment from them until such time, so their statement that you should continue paying is incorrect and misleading.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll give others a laugh, me included, I've forgotten what they believe is the meaning of enforcement, bet they took it right from the McGuffic case too!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you BB :D

I've still heard nothing at all from MBNA regarding my SAR.

I will probably send or email copies of these letters to the OFT via your link along with the previous ones about "delaying tactics" etc.

It'll give others a laugh, me included, I've forgotten what they believe is the meaning of enforcement, bet they took it right from the McGuffic case too!

I'll do the enforcement document over the weekend for your amusement, watch this space ;)

How long have MBNA been in receipt of your SAR request?

If it is over 40 days, I would send them an LBA before reporting them to the ICO for non compliance.

(Letter Before Action=LBA)

Absolutely ridiculous, merely designed to confuse and exploit a debtors lack of knowledge, send copies of that to the OFT & TS.

Guest HeftyHippo

come on Hound, be reasonable, you've had ONE non-template letter already, give them a chance to recover!

to answer your questions..... "yes".

They either want to keep up the momentum, but don't know what else to say , so send you a template letter, or else their admin is so poor that this is a response to one of your letters, perhaps the last? If so, complain.

You could write back and ask them to explain their letter, that will really throw them in a tizzy.

eg "I am in receipt of your letter. Would you mind explaining its contents."

I was so tempted to claim back my PPI and charges from MBN@. The only thing that stopped me was the thought that they may send the payment to the new owner or say they had. So I decided to let sleeping dogs lie, I would rather burn the money rather than let the new owner see a single penny of it.

Pumpytums

I was so tempted to claim back my PPI and charges from MBN@. The only thing that stopped me was the thought that they may send the payment to the new owner or say they had. So I decided to let sleeping dogs lie, I would rather burn the money rather than let the new owner see a single penny of it.

Pumpytums

I'd not thought of that to be honest. Needs thinking about I guess...

Pumpytums

What are peoples thoughts on the above generally?

Whatever PPI you claim back will be used to offset the total amount they say is owing, you should still claim it back, give them some work to do for their ill gotten gains.

Guest HeftyHippo
What are peoples thoughts on the above generally?

I think I read on here that they couldn't do that, it had to be paid to you. After all, its your money. Your debt which has been sold to someone else, is nothing to do with the old creditor, and its up to you how your money is spent. I would check on the legality of that.

I think I read on here that they couldn't do that, it had to be paid to you. After all, its your money. Your debt which has been sold to someone else, is nothing to do with the old creditor, and its up to you how your money is spent. I would check on the legality of that.

OH is still awaiting refund then if they pay you back direct (think not)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Guest HeftyHippo
OH is still awaiting refund then if they pay you back direct (think not)

As I said, check the legal position, NOT what they actually do - you don't actually expect them to do the right thing do you, or to let you win? Sending the money somewhere else would be an act of spite, and an act of 'back scratching'. Assuming of course, that they actually KNOW what they can and cannot legally do, which is very far from certain. They would probably simply send the money to the new creditor simply because it's obvious that your money should go to the debt. As we all know that these **** have little knowledge of the law, and even less respect for it, why you would assume they will do the right thing without pressure from you is a surprise. Far better to satisfy yourself that the correct legal course of action is followed

• 2 weeks later...

Received my SAR stuff today from MBNA.

CCA, well application form attatched! This is one sheet of photocopied paper.

As you can see I got the card in 94 but only appear to have been sent transaction printouts from 30/1/2006?

Also as you can see on the application form I ticked the PPI box as at the time I was employed. Not long after this application was sent in I took over the business and became self employed. I'm unsure how I stand on reclaiming all the charges once I get all the printouts assuming MBNA actually still have them on record?

web.jpg?ver=12829072060001

web.jpg?ver=12829072160001

They also sent me 5 pages which are supposed to be a copy of my agreement but unsigned and nothing tying them to me...

Only 4 letters were included the most recent one was the following:

web.jpg?ver=12829195450001

I'm sure I've had no letter informing me the debt was sold on or anything like that this was the last one!!