style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

i have had a letter from marstons regarding a parking fine,i have been warned that i have to pay £125 in 7 days,£112 fine and £11.20 costs..

It is a warrant of execution authorised by the traffic enforcement centre of northampton cc pursuant to statute.

I have had no notice of a ccj/court case although i accept i have had a parking ticket which i must not have paid from may 2011..

I am not in a postition to pay this,i am registered disabled and on income support and DLA due to 2 transplants and a heart condtion.

I was paying a fine out of my benefits that ended 4 months ago despite constant letters to my benefit office they are still taking £5 a week and at the end of the month they send me a refund cheque from hm courts for £20...

Is there anybody i can write and have this deduction stopped and is there anyway i can pay this new fine weekly,i have been offered no advice on who to contact just baliffs are coming...

I also live in a fully furnished house and anything of any value is the landladies property,the only thing of value is my car...

Thank you for any assistance.

Martin.

they cannot levy or clamp the car if its displaying a blue badge, make sure its displayed 24/7

They CAN and WILL clamp a car with a blue badge, unless it is on lease from Motability Finance. or subject to a HP agreement with Motability or another provider, or another personal lease. They would be advised not to however, but will clamp first and ask questions later..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

it is illegal to clamp or imobilise a vehicle displaying a blue badge

Whether it is illegal or not, the bailiff won't care they have clamped and seized cars with Blue badges in the past.

They cannot clamp on a public road. but may well be able to if it is in your drive

"Although vehicles displaying the badge cannot legally be wheel clamped on the road, you CAN be clamped/towed away on private property (i.e. off road parking etc.) "

quoted from: http://www.bluebadgenetwork.org.uk/whatbluebadge.htm

here is a case where the Council and bailiff refused to remove a clamp on a Motability car, on a drive whether illegal to clamp or not

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211992/Disabled-motorist-clamped-drive-unpaid-parking-fine.html

This would indicate that the law is no protection from aggressive bailiffs, who WILL clamp first whether legal or not, and ask questions later.

I am merely trying to help OP realise that bailiffs don't always follow the book, and should be prepared for their shenanigans often of dubious legality

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You are almost certainly classed as "vulnerable" according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents as I would therefore hope that Marston Group would return this debt back to the local authority.

You should have also received a Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery. Did you receive these documents?

Do you have a blue disabled badge?

Is you vehicle owned by you or provided by Motability?

How old is the car etc?

Hello

thanks to everybody for your replies/help..i have not had an order of recovery,i am a blue badge holder and my car is on a public road,it is registered in 1992..the car is not on motability...

I have phoned the traffic enforcement centre in northampton who would not speak to me and advised me to manchester city council.The council have sent me to marstons and have also said they have no intrest in the debt as it is now out of there hands,marstons will not speak to me unless "you have a credit/debit card to hand,we will not discuss anything else".

The lady at manchester city council admited that "marstons are like that"but you'll just have to pay it.

Still being pushed from pillar to post regarding the fact £20 a month is being stopped despite it being paid in full 5 months ago...

Have you called the benefits department to have this stopped, often calling them is better than writing, (letters go missing).

Get back onto the parking services and speak with the manger, explain you are classed as vulnerable according to the national standards.

Give you MP a call and or the local councillor, they may be able to help.

Got home tonight to find a final warning letter.The amount due has now increased to £376.84.I have explained everything to the baliff and he said the best he could offer me was to pay £376.84 on May 31st....he said he will phone me that week and collect on the 31st,must be by cash.....

Only other thinh he added was how he was only acting out of sympathy due to my health problems and he will enter and remove goods if that amount is not waiting for him in cash....

You have said that the bailiff is willing to allow you to pay the debt by MAY 31st ( which is 4 months), Is this correct?

Roughly how much is your car worth?

PS: The new National Standards for Enforcement Agents is supposed to protect people such as you.......

• 2 months later...

Good morning everybody,just a quick update..

i wrote a letter of complaint to Civea and to Marstons,i also imformed my local mp.Civea replied saying i must wait untill marstons reply to me,if i am not satisfied they will take action and investigate.

My MP stated that i should update if again when marstons reply and he was willing to contact them regarding there conduct.

Marstons replied(i wrote to them on 5th March) immediately saying they would investigate and report there findings within 14 days(21st March)....it is close to a month after that time span and no reply...

Since then i have had no phone calls,letters/threats so any advice on my next move would really be appreciated.

Thank you again for everybodies time and advice.

Martin.