Payment Protection Cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Buster, welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread into the Payment Protection Insurance Forum.....

....Hold on tight! :D

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You should get the advice that you need, here.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster, Sorry I should have looked harder. :)

--------------------------------------------------

I hope somebody can help me with this. I have had a Lloyds TSB credit card for a number of years now and I've been paying for Payment protection cover. The problem is, when I signed up for the card and PPC I was claiming (and still am) Incapacity Benefit and taking painkillers, which made me get confused easily.

Now, last week Lloyds sent me a letter and a PPC policy document. The letter said that as of the 1 April 2009, there would be some changes to the policy. When I was looking through the booklet, I found a section called 'Are you eligible for this policy' and found that I'm not because I claim Incapacity Benefit!

The bank knew my circumstances and what I was claiming at the time I took out the card + PPC and nothing has changed. Would I be able to claim back the money I've been paying over the years? The policy was obviously miss-sold.

I’m no longer on the painkillers but they’ve caused quite a bit of damage as I still get confused and I find it hard to take-in and retain information.

Can anybody offer any advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Paul

Hiya Buster,

Welcome to the PPI forum im also on incapacity benefit and have a claim with the CO-OP Bank for just under £29,000 on 9 loans ive had over a 15 yr period my claim is now in the hands of the FOS as we reached deadlock.

Now your first step is to arm yourself with all the information first to do this you will need to send an S.A.R letter to LloydsTSB.

This will get you copies of all statements,credit agreement telephone recordings notes on file etc.

I will post a link to a template letter below as this is a request under the data protection act it will take 40+2 days they are allowed this time to do a search it will also cost you £10 as that is a statutory fee they can charge legally.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html

Ok that's the link above just edit to suit your needs send it off recorded delivery enclosing the fee and get a postal receipt.

Mark on a calender the day you sent it and work out the day you should get a reply by.

If you need to know anything else regarding this just post here and someone will be along.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Oh the address you need to use is :

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Compliance Dept.

Mountbatten House

Military Road

Chatham

ME4 4JF

Tel: 01634 834 207

Also try: 01634 829 222

Address the letter to the data controller

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pompeyfaith,

Many thanks for your help and advice! I'll get the letter sorted now and get it sent off first thing Monday.

I see from your sig that you have a few battles going on at the moment, I wish you the very best of luck with them.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hiya Buster i do indeed although im only working on two of them at the moment the co-op which is with the financial ombudsman service and MBNA which is in court for trial in 2 weeks the others have not been harassing me so they can wait while i deal with these two.

Anyway good luck soon as you get the info post here then we will take it a stage further for you.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• 3 months later...

Hey, I didn't get around to posting off my S.A.R until the 12th May due to ill health, and they received it on the 16th May, as there was a re-direct set up on the address above.

Has anybody that’s sent off a S.A.R to Lloyds TSB had his or her credit card denied? Over the past few days I’ve tried using mine but it keeps getting refused, which has never happened before. :confused:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, should I cancel the PPC now or wait?

Edited by Buster78

Hiya Buster,

Sorry to hear about your illness i hope you feel better now.

Right so you need to count down 40 days from the 16th May then as to you card denial I am unable to answer that question as I've never been a LloydsTSB customer but I suggest you go to the Lloyds forum and ask that question in there.

Link below to Lloyds Forum

Lloyds Bank - The Consumer Forums

You can indeed cancel the PPC now as that will reduce your bill each month.

I would cancel it via a letter though as Ive found in the past telephone instructions do not always get carried though.

Regards

PF

Thanks PF,

I’ve marked it off on the calendar and also set the date as an alarm on my phone in case I forget. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long and difficult battle with them.

Thanks for the link; I’ll check out the Lloyds forum in a second. I just thought it were a little strange as it had never happened before.

As for the ppc, I’ll send a recorded letter off tomorrow to cancel it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hey, I didn't get around to posting off my S.A.R until the 12th May due to ill health, and they received it on the 16th May, as there was a re-direct set up on the address above.

Has anybody that’s sent off a S.A.R to Lloyds TSB had his or her credit card denied? Over the past few days I’ve tried using mine but it keeps getting refused, which has never happened before. :confused:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, should I cancel the PPC now or wait? (If you are not covered by Lloyds TSB I would cancel it. You can get cheaper PPI cover elsewhere if you need it and probably without a load of exclusions)

If they have put a stop on your card use because you are reclaiming PPI this goes against the OFT guidelines and you should make a complaint to say you are being penalised for trying to claim back mis-sold PPI.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Alan, thanks for your reply. It was my fault, I logged in to my bank account yesterday and noticed they’d updated my statement and charged a £12 late payment. I didn’t check my paper statement last month as I always pay the same amount, which is well over my minimum payment, but this month that had risen for some reason and I paid £5 under the min :roll:. They’ve taken my previous statements offline though, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by Buster78
removed text formatting

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I’ve just received a large package with my SAR details. The cover note says they are still waiting on some information from the card services dept, which will be forwarded ASAP.

It also says ‘ The majority of contracts we hold between the Bank and our customers are not held in relevant filing systems and are therefore not subject to the right of subject under the Data Protection act.’ It goes on to say ‘ Your entitlement under the Act is to your personal data rather than photocopies of all documents.’ Surly all data they hold on me, irrespective of what filing system they are in is covered?

Anyway, I think I have what I need. I’ve taken a quick look through all the paper work and found a ‘Classic direct acceptance form and agreement’ for my credit card. I do not remember ever seeing this document before and all the info that is supposed to be filled out by me (name, address, DOB, annual income etc) isn’t my handwriting, my signature is there thought but the date next to it isn’t my handwriting either . The interesting thing is, the No box next to the do you want payment protection cover is ticked!

So I didn’t request the PPC but they added it on anyway. Can anybody tell me what I need to do now?

get claiming!

use the ppi calculator

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey dx100uk,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be a pain, can you point me in the right direction for the ppi calculator? Is it the sticky ‘Download PPI Calculator HERE (Single Premium PPI)’? I’ve looked at that but it’s for loans and I can’t make head nor tail of it.

I’ve gone through the statements they’ve sent me but they only start on the 19th May 03 and the agreement was ‘signed’ on the 26th October 02. From the statements I have, I’ve worked out the total ppi paid. Are there any letter templates I can use to send my claim to Lloyds?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hello buster,

see if there is anything useful in here...

Interest calculation spreadsheets

from this library

Bank Templates Library

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks Alan, I’ve started editing the simple excel spreadsheet.

Can I just check that I’m doing it correctly? The default entries are for bank charges, do I simply enter each month’s ppi charge into the list and get an 8% APR interest amount for each month? And, is it 8% I should be asking for, as I’ve been reading some threads and all the talk about compound, statutory and contractual interest has got my head spinning.

Thanks again,

Paul

You will need to make contact with Pompeyfaith on spreadsheet issues. He is very helpful.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Cheers Alan, I’ve finished the spreadsheet but I’ll leave it out for now, as I still don’t have all the statements.

I’ve wrote a letter, can somebody check it over for me before I sent it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Letter removed

Edited by Buster78

Letter makes the point IMO. PPI not wanted, obviously mis-sold, due to pre existing medical conditions sums it up nicely as a mis-sold PPI policy. I would however emphasise the point that a failure by them to refund on the claim made so far will result in a very serious formal complain to the FOS, OFT, ICO, FSA, BBA to point out the very nature of what they have been doing on the issue of mis-selling of PPI in the knowledge it was not suitable to the consumer.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Alan you’re a star, I can’t thank you enough for all your help.

I’ve done as you suggested and a little more, this is what I have so far…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it be going to far to include the Serious Fraud Office to the list :rolleyes:? I can spend a week writing a letter and only think something vital after sending, so any comments welcome.

Edited by Buster78

Would it be going to far to include the Serious Fraud Office to the list :rolleyes:? I can spend a week writing a letter and only think something vital after sending, so any comments welcome.

I would think yes (A serious fraud office too far) in this instance.

If you get time have a look through my thread and you could perhaps pick up a few tips on the complaints letter issues.

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON*** - The Consumer Forums

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi Alan, Thanks again for replying. I’ve been working my way through your thread for a while now (have to take it slowly so it sinks in). Anyway, my printer has gone on strike so I’ll probably have read the whole thread before I can get the letter sent. I’ll keep working on it and post back once I’ve sent it and had a reply from Lloyds.

Regards.