kerr3853 v LloydsTSB

kerr3853
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just registered, and have a question, Where do I start?

I bank with Lloyds TSB and can only get statements going back to July 2002, I was charged circa £800 in that period, how do I get copy statements going back to July 2000 this will be my 6 years worth.

Do I just walk into the bank and ask? Will they rumble me and head me off.

I also note that other posters are mentioning data protection act details can someone explain please for me.

Thaks very much

Hi kerr3853, and welcome to the club :)

I'd suggest you read the Frequently Asked Questions forum, in particular the Step-by-Step Instructions, the FAQs themselves, and the Rules of Engagement. You'd do well to read the other threads in there too :)

Once you've got those under your belt, take a look at the Bank Templates Library. It contains all the letters you should need to see your claim through to the end :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 10 months later...

Just an update from Wellinborough county court. I was supposed to phone a couple of weeks ago for an update on my case as the need for an AQ was dispensed with weeks ago.

The very kind lady there told me that they have been inundated with claims regarding bank charges, which the staff there see as a terrible waste of court time. The judges at this court have now decided that the banks are wasting everyones time by saying they will defend & not doing so. It would seem that they are not responding with any allocation or hearing dates at all until the judges take direction on how to ease the pressure on the court system.(I knew it was too good to be true and it would happen to me) the court lady said that there is no way they would be granted a stay at any point as they have been rumbled as complete timewasters as more needy cases (not bank charges) get put back. And it would be likely that the bank will settle themselves without this going too much further. I have been asked to call back in 3-4 weeks for an update on this saga if they have not settled by dumping funds in my account.

Anybody else heard any more let me know please

• 4 weeks later...

Ah that's interesting! I too have some serious charges to reclaim from Lloyds and am just trying to weigh up the pro's and cons of doing so!

My account is now closed however and they have passed it to a debt collection agency for recovery, will this affect my claim for reimbursement do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I Won

I Won

I Won

When I checked my account online last night, I found that I had a deposit of £2117 with my court ref against it. Not bad started court proceedings on the 15th March so not too long at all.

No correspondance at all just the money, I need to let the court know can anybody let me know wahat I should write and say to them to advise that case has been settled.

And can a moderator move this to the successes forum.

Cheers everyone for all you help, and good luck to all who are taking the banks on.

Congratulations!!:D :D

There is a letter in the link below to send to the Court:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-487345.html

You need to PM one of the Mods (if you can!) and ask them to move you and change your title.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thats FAB:)

I have had my claim defended, transferred to local Court, no Allocs Questionnaire required but now at a stalemate. Apparently the Court are dealing with 1,000's of these claims I was informed.

Have to say worried it may all go 'belly up' for me!!!!!!!:evil:

Your story is an inspiration to people in my position though.:D

Just sit tight, I was panicking more and more every day reading all the press, was 'I' going to be the one they choose to go to court with, then suddenly the money appeared in my account.

Make sure you contact your local court for an update every couple of weeks, the Lady at my local court was so helpful.

I also wrote to the solicitors to advise them that the AQ had been dispensed with and that the court was aware and felt they were having their time wasted by the banks, and also that I was prepared to settle with them if they would negotiate, no response of course, then 3 weeks later "Hey presto"!!....... paid in full.

Good luck