Link to CAG templates

ashmk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An even more obvious place to save it is to your internet favourites.

;)

That doesn't help other people to find it though does it

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

No, but where the templates currently are is the Library, and it is only available to people who are registered to CAG, unlike the above ones, which are not CAG copyright. Therefore, the obvious place to have the letter templates is... precisely where they are. It may suprise you, but we didn't just plonk there randomly. :-D

Am new here, it took me quite a while to find the letter templates.

The famous Cabot Financial have recently written to me over a debt owed to Goldfish Bank (Formerly Morgan Stanley), this surprised me because although the account had fallen into arrears I made an arrangement with the lender, last December to bring the account back to normal over 6 months, this was being done by direct debit, and all payments had been paid on their due date.

Am I right in thinking that the first thing I do is ask Cabot for the agreement under the CCA? (letter N in the templates section) and that if they do not respond within 12 days the debt can not be recovered, and that if they then fail to respond after a further month, that they are guilty of a criminal offence?

Any advice would be gratefully recieved

Neither in another 3 payments the arrears would have been cleared and then I would be on the normal repayment schedule.....................this was a credit card btw........... sorry if I didnt make it clear............ I had not breached my credit limit just missed a few payments

Previously I always tried to pay off more than the minimum payment, but some time around mid 2007 hit financial difficulties, this meant me missing 5 or 6 monthly payments. By December 2007 I had come to an arrangement with another creditor (MBNA...............another story about bully boy tactics there............but one case at a time lol) and made arrangements to get back on track with Goldfish/Morgan Stanley next thing I know Cabot are ringing me up............ I refused to give any personal details over the phone and they said they would write to me.. got the letter yesterday

Standard stuff..... we have bought the account you held with goldfish blah blah blah

please ring to make arrangements to pay ...............current amount is 4.6K

CCA them :

Creditors and DCAs - Consumer Wiki

Standard stuff..... we have bought the account you held with goldfish blah blah blah
Does it actually say they have bought the debt. The only reason I say that is that it seems odd that Goldfish have sold the debt if you have voluntarily started making greater than minimum payments and you are below your credit limit

"The Cabot Financial Group has recently bought the account you held with Goldfish Bank Ltd and we're (actual spelling) now responsible for answering your queries and receiving payments"

I cant understand why Goldfish sold either

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
"The Cabot Financial Group has recently bought the account you held with Goldfish Bank Ltd and we're (actual spelling) now responsible for answering your queries and receiving payments"

I cant understand why Goldfish sold either

If your CCA is anything like the one Goldfish sent me then you would know why they sold it on sharpo!Nothing signed.All on Barclays notepaper for a 5 year old CC.They must have been psychic about the takeover lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Is this the correct forum to disuss claims against credit agreements??

Hi money, you would be best to have a read through the relevant bank or building society threads first. Depends if it is a credit card or hp or whatever. When you're ready, open your own thread, ie. money123456 v (bank) and you will get your own direct answers in that.

The general thread is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html?highlight=credit+agreements

Good Luck :)