Lose weight with crusher :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay off the pasties Crusher . . .pastry is no good for you . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

ooo Duchess, Crusher is positively delicious!!!

and Crush you would have been very proud of the monkey, sitting there this afternoon munching on an Oggie, a proper Oggie I might add!!!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

ooo Duchess, Crusher is positively delicious!!!

and Crush you would have been very proud of the monkey, sitting there this afternoon munching on an Oggie, a proper Oggie I might add!!!

you cant beat 'em :-D

ask lex.

and spicenix.

Well if you promise not to tell everyone I'll join you Crusher.

I was thinking of starting a similar thread, but was a bit nervous of doing so, because I'm so likely to fail. On my last diet I lost 5 pounds in a year, so seems almost pointless trying. This was despite the doctor giving me 2 different types of diet pills, very carefully monitored for side effects, and seeing a nutritionist. I have an underactive thyroid which is the main problem. Also problem feet make exercise difficult. I can do swimming but time and money mean I can't afford to go often.

Still, my niece is getting married in July so it would be nice if I wasn't a fat blimp ruining the photos.:(

Bought new scales the other day, and an ab cruncher, I'm pretty sure the scales are wrong though cos I surely can't weigh that much!:eek:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

the secret so my doctor says is to lose just a pound or just half a pound a week, and increase exercise. But not to try anything that you cant keep up. I was doing OK, but I damaged my ankle and put pay to my daily walk. I am now ok of course, but I let things slip.

So, it it time to start again, and keep it up.

fad/atkins/whatever diets dont work, you always put on the weight again. losing 1/2 lb with 3 walks a week, that will work I think.

A friend of mine has lost 3 stone all he did was drink water ugh and cut his food intake down buy a third i havnt tried the water only yet but have not had a drink untill tonight since Newyears eve and tonight was onli a thimble cut my food down by no puddings so i will see what happens and am taking the dog for long walks

My daughter and I are just eating more healthily, and cutting out junk but I agree that exercise is the key. I'm cutting out drinking at home too, although I had to meet the builder in his "office" at the pub last night so I just had the one glass of red to be sociable.:rolleyes:

And drinking water definitely helps Bona. Clears the toxins out of your body, and helps prevent hunger pangs, as well as making your skin look great.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

First thing to do is to set some realistic goals and support this with a plan of action, try to get people around you to help on the motivational front.

Basically eat less high fat foods and exercise more. Radical change is very difficult but if you try to cut out certain "treats" and replace them with say a banana it is the first step. For example we have a pasty at morning break, so that's 5 a week, 25 a month. I cut them out, had an apple and banana and included a 15 min lunchtime walk and really noticed the difference.

Once the behavior is established it becomes easier and especially if you have your other half in support. You can then build up further, instead of an Indian takeaway (with loads of gee) we cook our own with fresh ingredients and vege oil, take the dog for more walks etc. All the small things add up and your diet and increased activity makes you want to push it further.

Set realistic goals and write down each day what you want to achieve and review it daily/weekly. Sounds dull but it helps.

Hope that is useful. I am trying to lose another stone. I did not drink over Xmas and New Year, the first I can ever remember and I enjoyed it.

My daughter and I are just eating more healthily, and cutting out junk but I agree that exercise is the key. I'm cutting out drinking at home too, although I had to meet the builder in his "office" at the pub last night so I just had the one glass of red to be sociable.:rolleyes:

And drinking water definitely helps Bona. Clears the toxins out of your body, and helps prevent hunger pangs, as well as making your skin look great.

good.

this is my plan... in fact I have been taking a one litre bottle of water to work and drinking that instead of tea and coffee for a few months now. I dont look for the coffee or tea now.

healthy food.

porridge for breakfast (measured out of course)

no junk food.

and its time to start my walking again.

good.

this is my plan... in fact I have been taking a one litre bottle of water to work and drinking that instead of tea and coffee for a few months now. I dont look for the coffee or tea now.

healthy food.

porridge for breakfast (measured out of course)

no junk food.

and its time to start my walking again.

Well done, great start.........

Keep us posted as to how its going.

Derr. Duplicated.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

fatman.jpg

84 kilos @ 6 feet tall..

How much is that in English money ?.

Volvic do a fantastic flavoured water called, a touch of fruit. I drink a litre everyday. Trouble is i have to keep going for a pee.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

If I lose anything I'll post how much, but my weight is a well-kept secret. If I get to 8 stone I'll tell you what it is now.

EDIT Does that make sense?

Volvic do a fantastic flavoured water called, a touch of fruit. I drink a litre everyday. Trouble is i have to keep going for a pee.

Try replacing that with a different water, which doesn't contain sugar, it will help (not with peeing, with the weight!!! :lol:).

Crusher darling, if you persist on putting fad and Atkins in the same sentence, you and I are going to have words. :razz:

Now I know that there's lots of information about losing weight ........ but I have the opposite problem I need to put on weight I would really like to get to the 8st like Caro (I did manage to get over 8st about 12 months ago and thought I was maintaining that weight until I recently weighrd myself again to find out I was down to 7st 2lbs -- wondered why my clothes had started to feel 'roomy' again ) I eat anything and everything and I dont do anything 'diet' but nothing helps :(

I know that those of you that want to lose weight will call me 'lucky' but I dont feel it :(

Have you had your thyroid checked? It could be overactive.

I think its just my genes to be honest ........ The heaviest I have ever been is 9st 10 and that was at 9 mth pregnant :eek: ...... Its just that I looked healthier when I had the little extra weight on me ...... Didn't look all skin and bones.

When I put the weight on last time it was due to some tablets that the doctor had given me for my migraines .... its one of the side effects .... maybe I should go back on them lol

Try water, with a squeeze of lime juice in Tony. It's gooooooooorgeous. Just cut a wedge and squeeze it into your water before popping the wedge in your drink too.