ESA, PIP and SDP

coggy67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, I've been holding off sending my appeal until I received the confirmation letter from the DWP which arrived today. Note the dates:

From 8th October 2013 your ESA will be £112.05 a week

From 3rd December 2013 your ESA will be £107.05 a week

This is because of: a change in deductions from your ESA.

From 24 January 2017 your ESA will be £181.90 a week.

This is because of: a change in savings.

Now, maybe I've read this all wrong, but am I right in thinking they have changed my ESACB to ESAIR back to 2013, and therefore it's VERY good news in my appeal to have my SDP and EDP paid from this date?

• 4 weeks later...

An update. I have still heard nothing regarding mandatory reconsideration.

However, despite being given the 'all clear' regarding the ESA50 I was sent in January,

2 weeks after asking for MR I am summoned to a medical. I immediately rang them asking for audio equipment (March 3rd),

and was told they would get in touch with me if there was any problem.

Despite not hearing from them, I rang them today for reassurance. They told me that they don't record for 3pm appointments, only 9am and 1pm. Naturally i queried this and was told it was because it takes 30mins longer if being recorded.

I asked her why this was as surely the assessment should take the same amount of time, and was curtly told

"because it does. Please hold the line"

I was then told to change the time to 1pm, but couldn't agree to this as i obviously hadn't spoken to my carer who will be accompanying me.

I settled for 2pm. I am now paranoid as hell!

So my question is this: if there is NO audio equipment when I turn up, do I have the right to refuse the assessment?

I'd really appreciate any advice on this...

So my question is this: if there is NO audio equipment when I turn up, do I have the right to refuse the assessment?

I'd really appreciate any advice on this...

anyone?

You have no legal right to require that the assessment is recorded and the DWP have stated that they will not accept a failure to record as Good Cause for a failure to attend or participate in the assessment.

That said Maximus should be making a reasonable effort to provide an assessment which is recorded, so I would let them do the talking. If there is no recording facility then remind them that they had agreed to provide it, what you need them to do is offer a new assessment date when the recording will be done, so you haven't failed to attend.

• 1 month later...

Yet another update, and some good news! first I passed my medical, so one last thing to worry about.

Secondly, mandatory reconsideration went my way, ESAIR and its premiums will be backdated to October 2013 so I'm expecting a five figure sum!

However, that was on March 10th, 6 weeks ago. I've heard nothing from them, I've not even received the MR decision in writing, despite asking for it 3 times now (today being the third).

On 3 occasions they have supposed to give me a call back, but nothing. I really don't know what to do next: it's ring them expect callback, letter in writing, nothing. Rinse and repeat.

Can anyone advise me what to do next, as it just seems as if things are going round and round and I'm just being fobbed off.

• 1 month later...
Yet another update, and some good news! first I passed my medical, so one last thing to worry about.

Secondly, mandatory reconsideration went my way, ESAIR and its premiums will be backdated to October 2013 so I'm expecting a five figure sum!

However, that was on March 10th, 6 weeks ago. I've heard nothing from them, I've not even received the MR decision in writing, despite asking for it 3 times now (today being the third).

On 3 occasions they have supposed to give me a call back, but nothing. I really don't know what to do next: it's ring them expect callback, letter in writing, nothing. Rinse and repeat.

Can anyone advise me what to do next, as it just seems as if things are going round and round and I'm just being fobbed off.

Hi Coggy67, did you hear back from them in the end?

After reading through the whole thread I can see I'm currently in an almost identical situation to what you were, so I'm wondering if it all went ok in the end re the disability premiums being backdated?

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on both counts.

Sorry completely missed this hope you eventually got the decision letters and paid!