• Tweets

• We don't know of anyone on this forum who has had RLP organisations or bailiffs arrive at the door. They're going to threaten legal action because they think you may not know that they aren't able to carry this out and could be more likely to pay them. HB
    • Has anyone that you have known or posted on this forum received knocks on doors from them or received a ccj and been sent to court or have sent bailiffs or gave the debt to another company. if they don’t have any legal powers why do they threaten with court action 
    • Ok, so just been to see my friend, she still has her head firmly in the sand and had a pile of unopened post, thankfully nothing serious apart from this case!    In answer to your question it says N24 General Directions Order at the bottom of the page, then on page 2 where the line says "As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) " this is N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings.  Within the stack of letters I found 2 from Kearns Solicitors,    02-12-2022 Document pack with covering letter stating under the s78 CCA please see enclosed  1) A copy of the executed Credit Agreement, 2)  A copy of the terms & conditions 3) A copy of the varied terms & conditions applicable at termination / assignment, and  4) A statement regarding the conduct of your account as requested by s78(1)(a) to (c)  (Would you like me to describe the documents attached?)   18-02-2023 Generic letter asking for her to contact them to discuss settlement or they will take to court for further legal action. 
    • well you made the cardinal sin by phoning these scammers at least once so their persistence could go on. however you are new so there you go. you never ever ever phone any of these likes of scammers on these fake schemes that seem plausible.  just like a DCA chasing any old debt .. they are NOT BAILIFFS and have  ZERO legal powers to actually do anything. dx  
    • Okay understood now just based on personal experience how long does this go on for 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We all moan about the current politicians and that they don't represent us, but unfortunately they are the only ones we have got. If you don't vote for the party in your area that can win, that best represents your views, then you can't really moan afterwards.

Brian May the Queen guitarist is running a campaign to get people to vote based on the principle of common decency. If you have an MP or candidate in your area that you don't want, then go out to vote for the person who has a chance to beat them and see if they are any different.

At this election, out of 650 seats, only about 150 seats will actually change hands to a different party. That is 500 seats where the same party will continue to have their MP represent the area. Neither Labour or Tories are interested in changing from first past the post to a proportional representation system. Therefore if you are not happy with this, then go out to vote and try to disrupt this cosy deal that Labour and Tories have, which is to maintain a system, where they can dominate UK politics.

Do remember to vote on Thursday for the candidate that best represents you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea on tactical voting is well known. I do not support it.

It encourages short term thinking base don who you don't want rather than who you do.

Instead look at the longer term.

IF Party A and Party B are always receiving tactical votes where a lot more would in theory vote Party C if "they had a chance" then all that is going to happen is that you face the same choice in 5 years time.

NOW

If Party C supporters actually voted for their party, sure they would not win the first time round. However the following happens.

Party C benefits from the following

Increased Vote share : Means that there is public appetite for their policies. (Look at UKIP)

This helps increase their bargaining position in the event of hung parliament.

ALSO it means that some of Party A and B votes have moved to Party C (Or other)

Party A and Party B then have to adjust their policies to try and win them back. (See UKIP vs Tory)

Also the increase in vote share for Party C installs more confidence and credibility. This Increases (Providing they do not do something stupid) the chance that more of their supporters who vote tactically actually vote for them next time. And thus it continues.

The system FPTP sucks. BUT it sucks MORE because the electorate have been blindsided into tactical voting which helps ensure the status quo.

Summary : Think BEYOND this election. Vote for the party that represents you!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I do not want to see another coalition - you only have to look at other European Countries where they don't have an outright winner and all you see is chaos.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Germany seems to survive coalition governments :p

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

who would you like Citizen ?

Whoever it is you can bet they do not keep half the promises they have made

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Do remember to vote on Thursday for the candidate that best represents you.

The only reason i go to the polling station is to upset the party goons hanging around outside the door. When asked to see my polling card, my response is invariably "Only the returning officer inside the polling station has the right to see my card...". Should they be daft enough to ask how I voted on my way out, I make sure they won't ask a second time :mad2:

If only they had a "None of the above" box to tick...

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I make my own NOTA box and tick that, then write 'racist', 'murderers', 'liars', 'corrupt', etc in any of the other boxes.

I am amazed that the population actually believes by ticking a box on a piece of paper will actually decide who governs the country, the PM is just a spokesperson for his rich corrupt mates.

Look at the Scottish independence vote, that surely tells you that the whole thing is rigged from the beginning?

It doesn't matter who or what we vote for, this criminal corrupt rotten to the core political establishment will do as it pleases.

No-one voted for a coalition yet we've been stuck with it for the last five years.

No-one voted for Gordon Clown to be PM, but he appointed himself as such.

If this was France the population would have been out on the streets demanding that the politicians be thrown out, that's how you run a country, not 750 odd rich kids controlling 60 or so million individuals, it should be the other way round, but we have become so disillusioned and blasé about the crooks that run this country, that we allow them to carry on working for their own benefit, instead of the country's.

Hang em, hang em all, preferably off tower bridge, I've never met an honest politician yet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The only reason i go to the polling station is to upset the party goons hanging around outside the door. When asked to see my polling card, my response is invariably "Only the returning officer inside the polling station has the right to see my card...". Should they be daft enough to ask how I voted on my way out, I make sure they won't ask a second time :mad2:

Just given them a wrong number. It is just to see who has turned up to vote and to check this against a list of those who said they would get their vote. They may then chase these people by phone.

So if you give them a wrong number, it may just confuse them.

They never ask how you voted. Not in my experience. I don't think they are alllowed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

who would you like Citizen ?

Whoever it is you can bet they do not keep half the promises they have made

At the moment I am still undecided :(

As you say, they will all say what we want them to say when it comes to election time, but they wont keep their promises. Or they will be so watered down as to not matter anyway.

I have not seen one politician campaigning on the doorstep in my area. Of course if I want to visit their twitter or FB pages, I can do this .. says their leaflets !

UKIP did have an "ticket only" meeting at the Town Hall.

How many of us vote for what is good for the country rather than what we want for ourselves !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The electorate sent a message last time, and they're sending it again. People didn't want one party rule last time and we are seeing the feeling go one one step further this time, there is a possibility of more than two parties forming the government. If you can't understand the mood of the country you shouldn't be in politics. There's some in politics who aren't in it for the right reasons.

There's a lot of short term thinking and now the wealth chasm is vast and noticeable by the people, the quality of life of many has to be addressed. Speed up the technology for cheap fuel, (there's a lot of sea waves out there for one) build the homes

which are truly affordable for rent which are energy efficient (solar panels/geo thermal heating). This creates jobs. The system drags it's feet, time to change listening to who can debate best, who's image is best. It's time to do. Make life worth living for many, this will also take pressure off the NHS. There's another thought, the energy bill for the NHS. Why isn't energy efficiency being addressed for such a vast public organisation. The tech is there.

At the moment I am still undecided :(

As you say, they will all say what we want them to say when it comes to election time, but they wont keep their promises. Or they will be so watered down as to not matter anyway.

I have not seen one politician campaigning on the doorstep in my area. Of course if I want to visit their twitter or FB pages, I can do this .. says their leaflets !

UKIP did have an "ticket only" meeting at the Town Hall.

How many of us vote for what is good for the country rather than what we want for ourselves !

Wow! You got leaflets!!

I know exactly how I'll be voting although it won't make any difference where I live. :(

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have not decided apart from the fact it will not be Labour I vote for! lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I will vote ! lol :)

whoooooooooo, I am happy lol :p

whoooooooooo, I am happy lol :p

Not so happy, as the Tories spent 10X the amount on their campaigning. For every Lib Dem leaflet I had, there were atleast 10 more from the Tories. The Tory candidate started his campaign about 2 years before the election and was a paid employee of the local Tory party.

The electoral commision really must look into the money being spent before the election period starts.

Not so happy, as the Tories spent 10X the amount on their campaigning. For every Lib Dem leaflet I had, there were atleast 10 more from the Tories. The Tory candidate started his campaign about 2 years before the election and was a paid employee of the local Tory party.

The electoral commision really must look into the money being spent before the election period starts.

I thought there was some kind of cap on what they were allowed to spend on campaigning ?

BCOBS

I thought there was some kind of cap on what they were allowed to spend on campaigning ?

Only once the actual campaign period starts. Before that they can spend what they like and they did. From memory the electoral commission wanted a cap on spending in the run up to the election period and it was not accepted by parties.

I had at least 5 Labour leaflets and letters posted to me daily!

I had at least 5 Labour leaflets and letters posted to me daily!

I had none from Labour. About 2 leaflets from UKIP. About 6 from the Lib Dems and about 60+ from the Tories.

Labour put most of their money into winning existing seats and marginals. It would be interesting to know how much more the Tories spent in the last year.

Lol can mean different things to different people, I was just happy Labour did not get in and no I am not a Tory supporter

Lol can mean different things to different people, I was just happy Labour did not get in and no I am not a Tory supporter

If not blues is it Greens's for the dragon? We want what your on as you LOL a lot:madgrin:

sorry determindator, I am just a friendly dragon and get on with most people.

I was once told I was too friendly and lost my job over it :o

Lol= lots of love, laugh out loud,live on longer, lager on lime!