CEL/coop speculative invoice. CLAIMFORM - HELP REQUIRED **Dis-continued**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well they seemed to have charged

for the initial claim 165,

plus 140 for legal cost

(witness statement, general handling and the hearing fee),

plus 190 for

(which they said was mentioned in the cost schedule ???)

presentation, attendance and travel.

Total of 495

They wont impress a judge by claiming more than is written on their form, other than travel to court costs.

Claiming for presentation???

what next, £500 for new clothes to dress up in whilst there or they will go naked?

They will still get blown out of the water by the very fact they sold the debt on

so their claim is actually a criminal attempt to gain money by deception.

Make this very clear to the court that CEL are doing this by sending a letter to the court

and ask that their claim be struck out and reported as an abuse of process.

Include copy of the debt assignment letter as evidence of this abuse

and ask them to forward your complaint of criminal intent to the relevant persons.

I just need to be clear, The letter I got from them was with their defence statement as this was meant to go to court next week, but I got an adjournment.

It outlines the costs above , but if I pay within 7days, I just have to pay the £165. Is this an abuse of the system, them trying to persuade me to pay the lesser cost??

Also, I am more than Slightly concerned that CEL have paid their £25 fee, but with many others that haven't paid...... why are they pursuing mine???

Edited by angers

Keep going after challenging and submitting my full defence I received a letter from the court stating they haven't paid the £25 court fee and if they don't within another 7 days it is struck out and I can go for them for costs - keep tabs on all the time and expenses your defence takes

just a quick one...... Did you challenge under 31.14, 31.15 and 31.16?

They are pursuing you becasue they think you are an easier target.

They cannot add any further costs to their claim and they know it, that is why they are offering to settle for a lower amount,

they know that the judge will throw the claim for the higher amount out with contempt

and may order that all costs be struck out so the best they could then hope for would be £16 (their share of the alleged debt).

Get another complaint into court about the abuse of process and copy this latest letter in.

I am assuming you have already sent the court the other complaint about abuse of process and fraud. If not, why not?

get your complaints in and pronto and

you might not have to attend.

you also have to send copies of your defence bundle to CEL and to court,

normally a fortnight ahead of hearing date.

Fail to do this and you will lose, regardless of how dodgy and crooked their claim is.

It was explained in an earlier post,

likewaise about demanding sight of documents that you or CEL wish to rely upon

so demand copy of contract between CEL and landowner.

Check if that is co-op and if it isnt you write to court and say that CEL have no locus standi and ask for a strike out for that reason.

now get those letters off in the post and phone the court tomorrow for the N number for the form that pleads for a srtike out on the grounds mentioned.

They may accept just a letter.

If so, copy that to CEL as well so if you do have to go to the hearing you can raise it as the first thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Well....I've just received a letter from CEL stating they are withdrawing

their claim against me...apparently due to my evidence they don't wish to pursue...... Strange as I've submitted nothing since the skeleton defence! X

Result toast.gif

Sometimes, they realise that they've got such a weak argument that the mere fact that you're prepared to defend it at all is enough to put them off. They of course thrive on those that cave in at the first hurdle, or those that are scared off by court papers. And either don't defend, so that they win a default judgement or pay up.

Well done for standing your ground. thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Check with the court that they have advised the court of the discontinuance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The skeleton will be eonough, they dont want to go to prison for perjury and fraud.

Whack in a claim for your expenses to Mr Willem de Beer at their business address and to the court. I hope you sent off the complaints I listed earlier so when you send them copy of this claim you can add a further one of abuse of process-using the courts to coerce or intimidate rather than to process a claim for monies due.