LLoyds TSB Overdraft Debt Passed To Marlin ***Claim Discontinued***

mw45uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

just trying to sort my debt mess out

at the moment to be honest I'm struggling to keep up with things and

seem to think of nothing else every day just trying not to let it crush me.

Ok hear goes,

had a letter from LLoyds saying they passed my debt on to Marlin Financial Services

( Debt is a current account over draft for £5000

this was at the height of my debt problems and

the over draft started at £2000 and I applied online for extra overdraft

and was granted each time until it reached £5000).

Then

yesterday had a letter from Marlin saying they now had the debt and

I have 5 days to reply to them and fill in a debt planner?

There has been nothing paid on the account for 5 years

as every month there was high charges and interest on the account,

I went in to the branch and

told them I was struggling to pay this back as the charges were height and I had money problems,

I was given the phone and I spoke to someone from LLoyds in India ??

And they said they would put all charges and interest on hold for 6 months

and then review thing which I agreed but

the following month I got the same charges on the account so

went back again and sat with the same woman and she put me on the phone to India again and

this time they said that nothing had been put down that an agreement had been made and I must make the payment to the account???

This is where i stopped paying and changed accounts.

Sorry it's long winded but trying to give you the full story.

I have had a look around other threads and I think I need to send a SAR to LLoyds

but what will I need to send to Marlin I'm a bit confused as this is an overdraft debt?

Everyone here are great and all help is grateful and appreciated

Thanks mw

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyds knew they'd never get you in court for fear of a conter claim

so they've sold it marlins for pennies in the pound.

you'll get a series of scary letter threatening everything from doorstep no powers raincoat men

to killing your aunts budgie

may this if that, never will.

i'd get that sar off

and prove it is bloated with PENALTY charges

then write to marlins and tell them its all penalty charges

that could be used as a counterclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx appreciate your time and the reply, will get that sent off. do I need to send Marlin anything? Marlin Europe say they have the debt but sent a letter saying Marlin Financial services are dealing with it I am confused who to send letters to?

Thanks mw

sorry also after searching for the TSB address there seems to be a few am I right in using the compliance address in Chatham and do I send a £10 cheque or postal order?

Thanks mw

I would let marlins run for a few weeks

just keep us informed.

yes Lloyds or TSB compliance manager.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi mw45uk i am in the same boat i was worried out of my skin,but with the help i have had from dx100uk i now feel in control.i was told not to phone marlin,by members on here so please take that on board be strong and try not to worry.

If you write to marlin I would state you do not acknowledge any debt owing to them and see what they come back with,

Also if you want, send a formal complaint to lloyds bank about the charges they added to your account and how they refused to help you when you were in financial hardship .

thanks oldfletch - staytet appreciate your help and everyone else it helps me with my worry to know help is at hand here, I will not contact them by phone and will send a letter of complaint to Lloyds and see what happens? Do you know if I am best sending a cheque or postal order with my S.A.R letter ?

thanks mw

i sent a postal order you can then see if it has been cashed also send all letters by recorded /regerstered post that way you can track and trace. you also have proof that letter has been sent and i do a few copys with dates ect for my own peace of mind.

Edited by oldfletch
add more wording.

I always send a postal order , if you make a complaint to lloyds bank state somewhere in the letter you do not acknowledge any debt

I went through this with lloyds and they sold my account to 1st credit , but once lloyds acknowledge your complaint you can get a formal complaint letter off to marlin asking why they are trying to collect a disputed debt acting against oft guidelines.

It took lloyds and 1st credit that long that when they did come back with statements all it proved was it was statute barred

Ok staytet thanks for that it sounds good to me ill give it a try and see what happens? could I ask if you remember which address you sent the complaint to as I seem to have found quit a few on other forums? I am sending my S.A.R to Compliance Dept.

Mountbatten House

Military Road

Chatham

ME4 4JF

mw

Thanks oldfletch sent it yesterday recorded think I will need some help if they respond and send my statements back not done the charges thing before so if you have had to do this I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks mw

please keep your posts open and not via pm.

that helps no-one bar yourselves

the idea of cag, is,

as you found yourself which is why you came here [by reading other members threads]

to read and get help by the others experiences.

going to PM, is, frowned upon.

and can be viewed as rather selfish.....

I point you to my red text below.

dx

and they

Ok dx I understand and will do sorry. oldfletch is only trying to help. Didn't know what pm means anyway just want to be able to do what's best then in time like many other people here that give their knowledge and experience I will be able to put my experience forward.

mw

........spoke to someone from LLoyds in India ??

And they said they would put all charges and interest on hold for 6 months

and then review thing which I agreed but

the following month I got the same charges on the account so

went back again and sat with the same woman and she put me on the phone to India again and

this time they said that nothing had been put down that an agreement had been made ........

sounds familiar, typical indian loyds misleading on the phone and inaccurate records. when your sar comes back, no record of any variation. did you ask for copy of tel calls?

sub.

No I didnt wish I had but was not aware I could at the time just thought I had been given some time to sort my financial mess out but it then turns out to have made things worse? I will post as soon as S.A.R comes back I will post. Would be great if you can advise ford if you have been ther?

Thanks mw

hi

from reading around, and experience, seems they are not unknown for imparting unreliable/misleading (however it can be described) info over the phone, and sometimes even in person. and their records may be inaccurate.

you could send a ps asking for tel recordings/transcripts. note though that they sometimes conveniently say that they are 'unavailable'/only kept for x mths.

Hi there had another letter today from Marlin threading to advise their client to take further action unless I contact them Urgently within the next 7 days? Should I now send Marlin a letter of some kind? Not had a reply yet from LLoyds regarding SAR but I think they have a few more days yet though?

Thanks mw