NCO Europe - How do we stop payments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have defaulted on CCA request, how do we stop bank payments?

Can't cancel via the 'net, rang the bank, they said they can't do it. Now NCO are refusing to answer their phone. Yes, hard to believe I know but they just keep hanging up! There's a payment due to them from son's account next week which he's trying to cancel until he gets some answers.

Any ideas?

How are you currently paying? Standing orders or DD can be stopped by your bank, if they're being awkward then put it in writing and hand it to a personal banker at your local branch.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

only other alternative it to wrtie to DCA VERY clearly warning them that they are to stop, should they refuse it will be treated as theft, then complain to bank who can pull money bank

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Get him to cancel the card. And as mrmarmite says, put it in writing (with proof of delivery) to NCO that any attempt to collect will be treated as theft. Give your bank a copy of the letter.

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

The other option would have been to report the card as being lost to your bank. A few days later a nice shiny new card will arrive with a new card number

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

The other option would have been to report the card as being lost to your bank. A few days later a nice shiny new card will arrive with a new card number

Done. :rolleyes:

Son wants this back with the Student Loan Company where it belongs. They've given him a right run-around over the years, losing his paperwork, sending letters to the wrong address, and then slapping charges on him. Very frustrating.