Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so if(when) wf/cattles go into administration, what will that mean for people like us with a loan or secured loan that is in arrears? will these accounts be pursued more aggressively to recoupe some money etc?

Edited by lawfrodo

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so if(when) wf/cattles go into administration, what will that mean for people like us with a loan or secured loan that is in arrears. will these account be pursued more aggressively to recoupe some money etc?

Well, there's the million dollar question (or should that be £850 million question)....

Hi all. Ive been attached to my computer reading this thread for the last few days. Im glad that I am not alone! I will not bore you all with the details but you can all assume that it has been a vry painful and upsetting experience dealing with welcome since I took out finance on a car with them in 2007.

I have refused to pay them since march this year due to the way they treated me. I have been threatend, abused (verbaly) and lied to by staff at welcome to many times. I dont have much knowledge on legalities etc, but I know that they have prob broken every rule in the book. I lost my job and thaey re calculated another contract for me witch would have gone on for 10 yrs. They then tried to presure me into making a payment to them without having anything in writing from them.They have refused to co-operate they have just demanded money which I dont have. I have buried my head in the sand and they have made me feel bad for so long. Only on finding this website I have found the confidence to back out of my corner. I have arranged a SAR and will be sending it tomorow also I am sending a CCA. Is there anybody who could check this out and assist me in sticking to the legal procedures of which I have no understanding.

Thanks to all of you .

No problem, and welcome to CAG :)

I think the first thing will be to find out if you had insurance on that first loan that they 're-calculated' for you that you could have claimed on instead....and see what your agreements say :wink:

• Haha 1

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

so if(when) wf/cattles go into administration, what will that mean for people like us with a loan or secured loan that is in arrears? will these accounts be pursued more aggressively to recoupe some money etc?

Without a doubt they will be sold to someone - I wouldn't want anyone to be under any illusion if WF/Cattles go into administration that does not mean you don't have to pay - it just means you pay someone else and there will probably be offers on the table for reduced settlement to try and get as much money as possible.

It will just be a case of who they sell to - as HSBC and RBS are the majority bondholders it will probably be to their usual external DCA's.

All speculation of course but if WF/Cattles go bust it definately can't be TLG who are collecting at the moment.

:eek: Don't you do that!!!!!

I nearly jumped off my chair in shock there! :lol:

Maybe they're having to organise a whip round for the postage?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

please read

omg help welcome have just tryed to repo my car......its now outside with a big yellow clamp on....

ill link my thread in a mo but can you believe what they are doing...

i have paid 6000 so far the repo figure (1/3) of agreement is 4505...

and they still clamped and saying they going to take it...

help help

link to my oringinal thread Welcome finance help!!!

update for you the repo agent is now saying that he will release the car as welcome are """"""" because the repo notice he got in his hand is dated the 28july...

ive never had a default notice ...termination or a repo notice...plus the fact the account is in dispute and ive paid more than a 1/3....

HELP HELP

call from repo guy he cant remove clamp until 4pm today

Edited by zaidey
link

Thanks Dip, They made me take Breakdown and shortfall extra. I refused to take ppi ( to much £) but my payments are very high , maybe ive also been missold ppi against will and knowledge. I s there any way they could build ppi into monthly amount without my consent... how do I check this? I do have an insurance policy book. Thanks

I wonder about these people on LSE do they actually KNOW anything - the Lewis Group is who TLG is and guess who own The Lewis Group - yep thats right CATTLES!!

The poster claims to be the guy who attended the recent catlles AGM and asked 51 questions, so seems to know his stuff.

Also after checking out the lewis group website they claim cattles is "our parent company" so are you saying this means cattles owns them or is it a seperate buissness.

I would expect them to get cattles debts for .10p in the pound and then rake in the full amount, time to buy shares in TLG???:lol:

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

omg help welcome have just tryed to repo my car......its now outside with a big yellow clamp on....

ill link my thread in a mo but can you believe what they are doing...

i have paid 6000 so far the repo figure (1/3) of agreement is 4505...

and they still clamped and saying they going to take it...

help help

link to my oringinal thread Welcome finance help!!!

update for you the repo agent is now saying that he will release the car as welcome are """"""" because the repo notice he got in his hand is dated the 28july...

ive never had a default notice ...termination or a repo notice...plus the fact the account is in dispute and ive paid more than a 1/3....

HELP HELP

call from repo guy he cant remove clamp until 4pm today

posted on your thread, what the sam hill are they playing at?!!

Dipply75

Zaidey....read this from the CCA 1974:

90 Retaking of protected hire-purchase etc goods

(1) At any time when—

(a) the debtor is in breach of a regulated hire-purchase or a regulated conditional sale agreement relating to goods, and

(b) the debtor has paid to the creditor one-third or more of the total price of the goods, and

© the property in the goods remains in the creditor,

the creditor is not entitled to recover possession of the goods from the debtor except on an order of the court.

91 Consequences of breach of s 90

If goods are recovered by the creditor in contravention of section 90—

(a) the regulated agreement, if not previously terminated, shall terminate, and

(b) the debtor shall be released from all liability under the agreement, and shall be entitled to recover from the creditor all sums paid by the debtor under the agreement.

Dipply75

thats my thoughts but what constitutes taking the vechile....they have clamped the car so now i cannot drive the car etc...does that mean its an illegal repo...??

im now waiting for the repo guy to release the car...

he says hes not sure why they wanted it repoing....he said hes got some paperwork on him..

the notice of repocession that he has (not me as i never had one) appartenly says dated 28 july 09..giving staturory notice of repo right etc and when they will call....it apparently states 7 days so there no way i had 7 days as its the 31 july today....plus the fact i never had a notice or default notice or termination letter etc

add to that they wrote to me on the 24 july which i recieved on the 26 july to state they recieved my letter and will forward it on to the right person......(the local office near me)...

that letter was written by postgg and was about the credit agreement...

28july the local office called and stated that they cannot deal with this as they arent legally trained on credit agreements...so i would have to speak with complaince again.

the next thing this and then clamping my car...??

hi all

sorry ive been off the plot this week

my new pc, the one thats six months old ended up in silicon heaven.

ill sort out the pm this evening

any one fill me in on any developments

thanks

he says hes not sure why they wanted it repoing....he said hes got some paperwork on him..

the notice of repocession that he has (not me as i never had one) appartenly says dated 28 july 09..giving staturory notice of repo right etc and when they will call..

So they are claiming the right of repossesion....without a court order? Please trust postggj on this one...he has fought this type of thing before with welcome and won big time for a cagger

Dipply75

no postgg it was an outfit called p+a receivables with a moblie number on

im still waiting on the guy to unclamp the car...

no news from any welcome staff etc...i did ring complaince and asked what the hell theyare doing the stated that they dont know???? and that they will get there area manager to call me....still waiting for that!!!!!!1

i hate welcome with a passion how dear they do this, after they know and adknowledged receipt on my complaint less than a week ago....

The poster claims to be the guy who attended the recent catlles AGM and asked 51 questions, so seems to know his stuff.

Also after checking out the lewis group website they claim cattles is "our parent company" so are you saying this means cattles owns them or is it a seperate buissness.

I would expect them to get cattles debts for .10p in the pound and then rake in the full amount, time to buy shares in TLG???:lol:

Just cos someone can ask 51 questions doesn't mean you know it all - I mean no disrespect to the guy I don't know him but how stupid would you have to be to think as a shareholder you are going to get any money out of this company?

And if they'd scratched the surface before they bought the shares they would have probably learned what they were going to get themselves into. Had they come on to site such as this or MSE and seen the amount of people putting in PPI claims, and taking them to court etc - whouldn't that have rung a few bells??

Anyway Cattles owns Welcome and the Lewis Group. Welcome do not SELL their debts to the Lewis Group it's all about managing the money so Welcome can claim tax relief on the debt. It's like having 2 bank accounts and moving some money from one to the other - it's still your money.

If Cattles goes TLG will fail to exist. If Cattles goes the majority bondholders will probably assume control of the debts and farm them to the highest bidding DCA's I would not imagine they would keep them inhouse.

no postgg it was an outfit called p+a receivables with a moblie number on

im still waiting on the guy to unclamp the car...

no news from any welcome staff etc...i did ring complaince and asked what the hell theyare doing the stated that they dont know???? and that they will get there area manager to call me....still waiting for that!!!!!!1

i hate welcome with a passion how dear they do this, after they know and adknowledged receipt on my complaint less than a week ago....

Phone trading standards and tell them whats going on right now and get as many pics as you can

Dipply75

Phone trading standards and tell them whats going on right now and get as many pics as you can

Agreed - and even though the Repo guy seems pretty straight if possible I would record him on his return - if you can't film it if you have a dictorphone or record option on your phone stick it in your pocket - it might be useful to hear what he has to say!

Lots of pictures in the meantime though - all proof

already phoned them...i also recieved my fos complaint letter too..so i have started the ball rolling..

my question is ..is this classed as a repocession as im unable to drive the vechile due to the clamp..

any1 know

well they've certainly attempted repo, unsure. - I wonder if the repo guy will just be under instruction to come back when the 7 days on his notice are actually up?

In fact....are the repo company not at fault too as they have came earlier than they should?

Dipply75

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks