Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest, why are they in so much trouble? They make such a huge amount through APR/PPI etc, the profit they make on every loan they sell is huge! So why all the problems?

I've got just over a year left on my loan and nobody's contacted me about transferring to another lender..........yet.

Just out of interest, why are they in so much trouble? They make such a huge amount through APR/PPI etc, the profit they make on every loan they sell is huge! So why all the problems?

At a guess I would say that they have been having to wipe off a lot in court cases and the OFT finding against them etc...plus in these times I guess a lot of people are defaulting so they're not getting their ridiculously high apr amounts....what a shame

Yep it's more than likely to do with the extremely poor administration at Welcome that's caused this.

I'm sure we all know what lies they come out with and the worst thing is, it's not just a few branches, it's all over the UK!

Oh yes ill agree with you on that one !!!....Id love to see the staff training programme they give you !!!

It'll go something like...

"Don't worry if you don't know the answer....make it up"

"If they say no, do it anyway"

"If someone comes to complete paperwork at the office the minimum time you must keep them there is 4 hours"

and lastly but most important

"pick up the post.......and throw it in the bin"

Well they can throw my post in the bin from March 1st because they wont be recieving any money from me...i usually pay them via my debit card so ive been a clever boy and ordered a new debit card from my bank to cover my arse in case those slimey gits have got my card details written down somewhere.....after hearing of cases of Welcome just helping theirselves to money from peoples accounts !!!

Sorry to go on, but I am really confused about this.

If you sign an agreement with Welcome then you have a contract with them.. If they do go down the pan, and are selling their debts to other companies, would you not need to sign a new contract with that company?

If you just stopped paying and they went bust is there anything they could do about it.

Thanks for your help

So Cattles owes RBS £500m.

Are we not all part owners of RBS now?

Hmm. I think we should be adding on extortionate interest to the £500m & putting on extra charges and fees every month. Hit them whilst they are down like they do.

I wonder if they took out PPI?:)

Seriously, we should not let Cattles be bailed out by the tax payer. This is not Barclays or HBOS. These guys are the **** of the financial industy and our taxes should not be wasted on the likes of them.

As many people as possible should email Alistair Darling at

[email protected] and make this clear.

Edited by felixflyer

Im not gonna get into a political debate on here...saying that i hate Labour with a passion, but getting back on track your right companies like Welcome Finance and their dodgy practices need to "policed" much better, but i like yourself was silly enough for one reason or another to sign on the dotted line with them, but the last year or so i have become a lot more sensible and smart with money and now yes i realise companies like welcome are just rip off merchants !!!

Not to mention all the letters, SAR's, they get sent...and "never recieve" !!!...Oh well if they dont for some reason "recieve my SAR" in March (along with the 4 letters) they mysteriously have not recieved then they will get no money !!!...Lets see how they react then.

iv just been reading some ov the stuff about,and it just confirms my suspicions about the company,they dont give a toss,and r bullies,i borrowed 2,500 k payin back 144 a month im just glad i didnt borrow eny more. iv got behind on my payments due to personel stuff,i had a very unpleasent phone call 2day off 1 ov those bully boys who spoke 2 me in a way words can not describe,customer relations dont really dont care,they speak 2 u like u r sumthing off the shoe,i would advise eny1 not 2 use this company.and im goin 2 take my complaint as far as i can.........

Have I just read their share price right?

Were they really £3 as short a time ago as May 08?

This must surely be the end.

Ended at 4.13p today.

What a mess.

LoL

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

Hi all i have been reading through all the post and have found some really good information but i was wondering if any one can offer me some advice. I took out a £2000. loan with WF back in Feb 04 and i was paying £161. p/m for 2 years. I cant remember what insurances i had tho. During the course of the 2 years i missed 5 payments in total. Around the time that i should of finished paying my loan i had a call to advise me that as i had arrears on my account i would need to call into my local office to sign additional paperwork to stop my account being passed over to credtors and i only had a few days to do this. I went into my local branch and signed the paperwork but what i was actually signing for was a top up loan (I didnt know this at the time as im not good at reading things and was in a rush) and it now means i am paying £34.00 p/m for 5 yrs. Is there anything i can do about this as i have misplace both contracts that i signed due to moving house. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Oh on another note have just received a letter from them stating they are putting up their charges from £20 to £25 and any statements we request will be £10. as they will provide an annual one. Think they are trying to get more money!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks