• Tweets

• Thanks in advance for advice! I was shocked to find out when doing a credit score search this weekend that I have a CCJ in my name. I've spoken to the courts today and have been told Vehicle control services have taken me to court for parking without a permit in my own allocated parking bay that came with my flat rental. The CCJ appears to be to the right apartment block but the wrong address.  It dates back to 2017. The judgement was passed in April 2021 without my knowledge of the ticket or the case ( presumably fine information was sent to the wrong address) I had already been taken to court by VCS previously for parking in my own bay and I won. It seems to me that this is underhanded behaviour from VCS as they had my address from previous interactions and had tried taken me to court for something that a judge had previously ruled on. I'm seeking advice on next steps. I was told by court that i can raise a dispute on the CCJ but I also want to appeal the case altogether. Should I be filing an  N244 Application Notice with an N161? I was told I should pay the court £303. Now that I've got home and had a look, there is a long list of court fees so I'm not sure which is applicable. I was also told the £303 is not refundable. Should I be filing a counterclaim or is that something that can be done at a later date. Ultimately I feel disgusted at having a ccj and then having to pay for the privilege of getting it removed. Any advice on how to make VCS pay for this would be appreciated!
    • Speaking of Truss, another French politician has used her as an example of economic illiteracy. Edouard Phillippe, the ex-PM was on BFM TV this morning.
    • an aperitif before the trumpy main event   Alex Jones must sell assets to pay $1.5bn to Sandy Hook victims as Infowars spared WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Alex Jones, a right-wing conspiracy theorist, falsely claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax  
    • As gesture of goodwill, we were eventually given a courtesy car from Mercedes (after numerous complaints from us on their lack of communication / misdiagnosis / time they’ve had the car - we’re now at over 4 weeks without our car) They have literally just informed us it will be ready to collect tomorrow. If we pay the cost, where will we stand? It’s so hard to understand what we should do 😫 we will re open our complaint with the finance company then. We emailed Doves yesterday informing them of all the problems (we have touched base with them and let them know prior to this) but they are yet to respond.    Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 18 months I am still waiting for my Annual Statement from Welcome.

When I spoke with the local branch on Saturday, he didn't know what I was talking about!!:confused:, then went on to say I would be sent the statement from Head office.

Friday today and nothing from Welcome!!!:-(

On a Saturday they want nothing more than NOT to be in the office, so I guess your request was never put through to head office. When I requested mine it was done within about a day. So question it, make sure everything is in writting Sunnie. You dont want to fall into the he said/she said scene with them.

If you dont have your statement you can always put the account on "hold" until you get your annual statement that you are entitled to. This also should display how much capilisation you have paid and what rate of interest they are putting onto your account....

Very interesting because my rate of interest as per statement is NOT the same as my agreement :D

Told you I had loads on these guys

Stewie8-)

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stewie - you on Lloyds TSB 2 - I've got 3 things in with them at the moment - they're gonna hate me!

There is only one thing I dislike more than Welcome finance, and thats Lloyds Tsb!! Well they are on a par at the moment I think.

I had to go high up the chain to get everything frozen with them.

They made me an offer of £220 to settle a 7K claim :-x

But ill wait my turn its fine!

Stewie

There is only one thing I dislike more than Welcome finance, and thats Lloyds Tsb!! Well they are on a par at the moment I think.

I had to go high up the chain to get everything frozen with them.

They made me an offer of £220 to settle a 7K claim :-x

But ill wait my turn its fine!

Stewie

I've got PPI - Restructure of loan agreements and charges.

They say they can stay charges even under hardship - me thinks not MCOL filed

they have promised me a full conclusion on the PPI and loan restructuring by friday next week otherwise that's going the same way.

What's betting they shut my account down soon :D

Sorry, there were folk talking about a change that meant companies were supposed to start sending annual statements on your loans etc and if they did not then they could not apply interest (i think) for that period?

Don't know anything about this but could be unbelievably useful against rbs right now! :D

Lovin the erin brocovich idea lol :p

Just going through the OFT website and came across this referemce post contract statements, it may help

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft1002.pdf

On a Saturday they want nothing more than NOT to be in the office, so I guess your request was never put through to head office. When I requested mine it was done within about a day. So question it, make sure everything is in writting Sunnie. You dont want to fall into the he said/she said scene with them.

If you dont have your statement you can always put the account on "hold" until you get your annual statement that you are entitled to. This also should display how much capilisation you have paid and what rate of interest they are putting onto your account....

Very interesting because my rate of interest as per statement is NOT the same as my agreement :D

Told you I had loads on these guys

Stewie8-)

Thank you..

Letter is going to Head Office today, I seem to have several issues with them at the moment.!!:-(

I don't even have the Log Book for the car.!! but thats another matter.

Will not give up with them though.!!!;)

Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

After section 77 of the 1974 Act insert—

“77A Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit—

(a) shall, within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which the agreement is made, give the debtor a statement under this section; and

(b) after the giving of that statement, shall give the debtor further statements under this section at intervals of not more than one year.

(2) Regulations may make provision about the form and content of statements under this section.

(3) The debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum in connection with the preparation or the giving to him of a statement under this section.

(4) The creditor is not required to give the debtor any statement under this section once the following conditions are satisfied—

(a) that there is no sum payable under the agreement by the debtor; and

(b) that there is no sum which will or may become so payable.

(5) Subsection (6) applies if at a time before the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied the creditor fails to give the debtor—

(a) a statement under this section within the period mentioned in subsection (1)(a); or

(b) such a statement within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which such a statement was last given to him.

(6) Where this subsection applies in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor—

(a) the creditor shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance;

(b) the debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; and

© the debtor shall have no liability to pay any default sum which (apart from this paragraph)—

(i) would have become payable during the period of non-compliance; or

(ii) would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement which occurs during that period (whether or not the breach continues after the end of that period).

(7) In this section ‘the period of non-compliance’ means, in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor, the period which—

(a) begins immediately after the end of the period mentioned in paragraph (a) or (as the case may be) paragraph (b) of subsection (5); and

(b) ends at the end of the day on which the statement is given to the debtor or on which the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied, whichever is earlier.

• Haha 1

2.10 The 1983 regulations specify the information to be included in periodic statements for running-account credit.

In particular:

The rate of interest, or information enabling the debtor to check the interest calculation, or a statement that the rate will be provided on request together with an explanation of the manner in which interest has been calculated.

Got to just love this comment!!!

Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

After section 77 of the 1974 Act insert—

“77A Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit—

(a) shall, within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which the agreement is made, give the debtor a statement under this section; and

(b) after the giving of that statement, shall give the debtor further statements under this section at intervals of not more than one year.

(2) Regulations may make provision about the form and content of statements under this section.

(3) The debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum in connection with the preparation or the giving to him of a statement under this section.

(4) The creditor is not required to give the debtor any statement under this section once the following conditions are satisfied—

(a) that there is no sum payable under the agreement by the debtor; and

(b) that there is no sum which will or may become so payable.

(5) Subsection (6) applies if at a time before the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied the creditor fails to give the debtor—

(a) a statement under this section within the period mentioned in subsection (1)(a); or

(b) such a statement within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which such a statement was last given to him.

(6) Where this subsection applies in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor—

(a) the creditor shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance;

(b) the debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; and

© the debtor shall have no liability to pay any default sum which (apart from this paragraph)—

(i) would have become payable during the period of non-compliance; or

(ii) would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement which occurs during that period (whether or not the breach continues after the end of that period).

(7) In this section ‘the period of non-compliance’ means, in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor, the period which—

(a) begins immediately after the end of the period mentioned in paragraph (a) or (as the case may be) paragraph (b) of subsection (5); and

(b) ends at the end of the day on which the statement is given to the debtor or on which the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied, whichever is earlier.

The red section is quite interesting

Stewie

Can I ask a quick question ? If a lender ' refunds ' you your PPI premium, but credits it to your account, rather than to you, can they do this ? Or am I within my rights to insist it is refunded to me ?

Thanks x

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Stewie

Can I ask a quick question ? If a lender ' refunds ' you your PPI premium, but credits it to your account, rather than to you, can they do this ? Or am I within my rights to insist it is refunded to me ?

Thanks x

yes it can be credited to the loan but here's what you need to watch. welcome will try and take it off the back end of your loan that means your payments stay the same and as their insurance is front loaded you will still be paying the interest on a non existent policy you will have to battle them to restructure it.

yes it can be credited to the loan but here's what you need to watch. welcome will try and take it off the back end of your loan that means your payments stay the same and as their insurance is front loaded you will still be paying the interest on a non existent policy you will have to battle them to restructure it.

Sorry for the delay, Andie is 100% correct. You will pay interest and fees on something you no longer have.

Welcome will load the rebate to the back end of the loan but continue to charge you the same premium. You should ask them to do a re-write as if you had NOT taken out the PPI at all. Welcome tend to give you a rebate and end the loan a few months early instead of re-calculating the entire loan.

But if you have any issues with this send it directly to the FOS for review. They will go in your favour.

Stewie:evil:

Edited by 082stewie
some of this didnt make sense!

I dotn think anyone can quite comprehend hjow much I hate Welcome Finance !! aaaaahhhhhhhh :evil:

My only regret in life is that I took the damn loan in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

I dotn think anyone can quite comprehend hjow much I hate Welcome Finance !! aaaaahhhhhhhh :evil:

My only regret in life is that I took the damn loan in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ohhh yes we can!!! You are in very good company as far as welcome are concerned.

Acctually I was pretty angry with a woman from Barclays earlier. I mean REAL angry to the point where I slammed the phone down on her. With Welcome I just know they are idiots.

Hello everyone, 1st post but have been reading the forum for a while

I requested a CCA from Welcome 14days ago tomorrow but nothing is through yet. What do I do next send a follow up letter, or send account in dispute letter? also if I send a/c in dispute do I keep paying or stop payments.

Thanks for any help

Hi All

Well I'm another one you can add to the list who is having problems with Welcome. I took out a loan in April 2005 and it was insisted that I have the PPI and also a Lifecare insurance policy. I am now on the understanding that this was mis-sold after reading some of this thread. This totalled £1085.02. My APR at the start of the load was 36.3%.

So, today I made a phonecall to request a statement first, which would cost me £10.00!! I have never received an annual statement from them - is this the norm?? In the end I asked to speak to a manager at the head office, who was quite helpful, agreed that I had been mis-sold the policy and that I had to write a letter to the compliance team. He is also getting a copy of my statement to me in the next 4 - 5 days.

Then I asked about the number of charges that I get every month. I had my account re-written last year and am now on 1% but it seems they are making up the difference with the charges. I pay on the last day of every month by my debit card and always end up getting one or two phone calls to request the payment about 3 days before and then get a follow up letter charging me £10 for the calls and £20.00 for the letter to tell me I am getting charged. This is ongoing every month.

I now owe over £6300.00 and it seems to go up every month not down.

It seems that there are some very knowledgeable people on this site and I was wondering if someone could please advise me on exactly what I should put in the letter. I have been advised to make no further payments until this is sorted.

Also, I see some people have actually had their account written off, how did you manage that??

Sorry to go on a bit just wanted you to know the facts.

Thank you in advance.

Sarellie8

Edited by Sarellie8
Adding APR

had a message from Welcome Assets. btw not defaulted at all but arranging for lower payments. just got back items from sar

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Hi All

Well I'm another one you can add to the list who is having problems with Welcome. I took out a loan in April 2005 and it was insisted that I have the PPI and also a Lifecare insurance policy. I am now on the understanding that this was mis-sold after reading some of this thread. This totalled £1085.02. My APR at the start of the load was 36.3%.

So, today I made a phonecall to request a statement first, which would cost me £10.00!! I have never received an annual statement from them - is this the norm?? In the end I asked to speak to a manager at the head office, who was quite helpful, agreed that I had been mis-sold the policy and that I had to write a letter to the compliance team. He is also getting a copy of my statement to me in the next 4 - 5 days.

Then I asked about the number of charges that I get every month. I had my account re-written last year and am now on 1% but it seems they are making up the difference with the charges. I pay on the last day of every month by my debit card and always end up getting one or two phone calls to request the payment about 3 days before and then get a follow up letter charging me £10 for the calls and £20.00 for the letter to tell me I am getting charged. This is ongoing every month.

It seems that there are some very knowledgeable people on this site and I was wondering if someone could please advise me on exactly what I should put in the letter. I have been advised to make no further payments until this is sorted.

Also, I see some people have actually had their account written off, how did you manage that??

Thank you in advance.

Sarellie8

Interesting reading your plight with this company- I had similar problems with them. I give you one piece of advice- Ask them for a copy of the original signed contract ( doesent matter if you already have it) Do not make any more payments till they can come up with this. Also only accept it fully signed and not an unsigned copy.

Hello everyone, 1st post but have been reading the forum for a while

I requested a CCA from Welcome 14days ago tomorrow but nothing is through yet. What do I do next send a follow up letter, or send account in dispute letter? also if I send a/c in dispute do I keep paying or stop payments.

Thanks for any help

you send ther acc in dispute letter and stop payments - did you send it recorded delivery?

Hi All

Thank you in advance.

Sarellie8

Holy Crap you got a manager of Welcome to tell you your PPI was mis-sold? That is gold dust I sure hope they recorded that call.

What you need to do pronto is get a SAR sent ( I will post a template shortly) it covers lots of things you want which is good as they won't quite know what you're looking for but you NEED a copy of that converstaion - you get the - you get your money back!

Reclaiming PPI from Welcome is a long battle so if we can cut yours short that'll be a real bonus.

Statement £10 when you've never had one don't think so - shake them up with an account in dispute letter as they have not provided you with an annual statement which breaches FSA guidelines and you are now entitley to dispute the account as unenforceable until it arrives - believe me the £10 will evaporate then and they will send you one.

You also need to challenge those charges - we all know they are bulls**t and remember the stay for charges only applys to banks not these financial cowboys - send them a refund me now letter when they refuse (which they probably will) get a final response and straight to OFT or court.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference (this is account number or your own name)

Formal Request under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the Right of Subject Access

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regards to my personal loan.

Account Numbers inclusive but not limited to:

ACCOUNT Nos:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with complete details of all data held by yourselves, in regards to myself within your organisation, including, but not limited to:

1. Full copies of all contracts that you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL accounts with your organisation.

3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

4. Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to me or in relation to my personal and/or financial information.

5. Full copies of any and all correspondence in postal, email or any other format that you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal and/or financial information, or which pertains to me.

6. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data

7. Full hard copy print outs of any of my personal and/or financial information held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

8. A copy of all telephone recordings made and recieved between myself and your organisation.

9. Full disclosure of all commissions or payments made or received by Welcome Finance LTD from/to any insurance provider.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by Welcome Finance about myself.

You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and that any failure to comply with this request could result in an investigation by the Information Commissioners Office. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If you are unable to deal with this request, you should immediately forward it to the person within your organisation responsible for Data Protection.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance by acknowledgement of this letter, and a full response with the above designated time scale.

Yours faithfully,

[Your Name]

OK this is your SAR you need to send this with a £10 postal order make sure you write on the back to be used for the purposes of SAR only not to be paid as credit to my account.

Make sure you don't sign any documents that go to Welcome just print your name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks