Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Andie, :)

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Take care

Voda

As a general rule of thumb take the APR and divide by 2 this should give you roughly the base rate. You need to then multiply the base rate by the number of years you have borrowed the money over.

example

£5000 over 3 years @ 7.9% apr

7.9 divide by 2 = 3.95 x 3 = 11.85

£5000 x 11.85% = £592.50

So total repayable is £5592.50 divide by 36 monthy payments = £155.35

Hope this helps

I thought I would stir the pot a bit this morning with a friendly call to my local Welcome branch and speak to "account manager". From the sound of his voice I suspect he has just cracked puberty and has serious identity issues.

I went back in my diary and I have been waiting just over 3 weeks for a return call back from him and countless messages I have left. So I came to the conclusion he isnt going to call back. So I called him.

Plainly the branch CANNOT explain how the figures are calculated on the agreement, he DOES NOT know if interest is added onto the acceptance fee and if it is indeed valid to do so. He suggested I come into the local office to have a meeting to discuss my agreement with him and the branch manager.

I have accepted the invite and will schedule it for early next week, pending the outcome of some documents I have asked for from head office. I wonder if they would object to me filming the session and then posting it up on YouTube?

Anyhow they have no bloody clue. I have only ever been into the branch once and I left because the person I was meant to meet with was sick that day and didnt make it. Nice to let the customer know!

I really have a massive dislike for this company and all they stand for.

This morning I sent off my agreement to two major accounting firms and hand delivering it to Delloits this afternoon. Im so excited about this!

The rebate on PPI could be my saving grace at this stage. The fact they have not re-calculated the loan is a big NO NO in the industry, and the fact no needs and demands statement was taken is also cause for concern. 60 month insurance term on a 180 month loan agreement is substandard and could rule very heavily in my favour.

Just an update

Stewie8-)

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Stewie

People Need To Concentrate On This.

60 Month Of Inusrance On A 180 Month Loan, Very Strange

But Gets Even Better

Remember, You Will Be Paying For Only 60 Months Of Cover Over 180 Months

I Am Having This Checked So I Will Get Back To You On This

Me Thinks

Extortionate Credit Bargin On This One But Needs To Be Confirmed

I thought I would stir the pot a bit this morning with a friendly call to my local Welcome branch and speak to "account manager". From the sound of his voice I suspect he has just cracked puberty and has serious identity issues.

I went back in my diary and I have been waiting just over 3 weeks for a return call back from him and countless messages I have left. So I came to the conclusion he isnt going to call back. So I called him.

Plainly the branch CANNOT explain how the figures are calculated on the agreement, he DOES NOT know if interest is added onto the acceptance fee and if it is indeed valid to do so. He suggested I come into the local office to have a meeting to discuss my agreement with him and the branch manager.

I have accepted the invite and will schedule it for early next week, pending the outcome of some documents I have asked for from head office. I wonder if they would object to me filming the session and then posting it up on YouTube?

Anyhow they have no bloody clue. I have only ever been into the branch once and I left because the person I was meant to meet with was sick that day and didnt make it. Nice to let the customer know!

I really have a massive dislike for this company and all they stand for.

This morning I sent off my agreement to two major accounting firms and hand delivering it to Delloits this afternoon. Im so excited about this!

The rebate on PPI could be my saving grace at this stage. The fact they have not re-calculated the loan is a big NO NO in the industry, and the fact no needs and demands statement was taken is also cause for concern. 60 month insurance term on a 180 month loan agreement is substandard and could rule very heavily in my favour.

Just an update

Stewie8-)

Good luck Stewie

We are all behind you

Right here we go.

£7039.63 over 6 years @ 13.10% APR

13.10 divide by 2 = 6.55 x 6 = 39.30

£7039.63 x 39.30 = £2766.57

So total repayable is £9806.20 divide by 72 monthly repayments = £136.20

On my agreement the amount of each monthly repayment is £139.09 !!!

irrespective of the Acceptance Fee being added in or not.

The total charge for credit says £2975.02 and the Acceptance Fee is listed underneath at £75.

See: http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/Voda/DSC08253.jpg

and: http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/Voda/DSC08333-1.jpg

H'mmmmmmmm !!! :confused:

As a general rule of thumb take the APR and divide by 2 this should give you roughly the base rate. You need to then multiply the base rate by the number of years you have borrowed the money over.

example

£5000 over 3 years @ 7.9% apr

7.9 divide by 2 = 3.95 x 3 = 11.85

£5000 x 11.85% = £592.50

So total repayable is £5592.50 divide by 36 monthy payments = £155.35

Hope this helps

Edited by Voda

stewie, that is also my plan of attack, a 5 year policy spread over the full ten years, no needs and demands, no initial disclosure document....does not add up and surely makes the agreement unenforceable.

Hi Postggj,

Wow !!!

I have just added the agreement link and also my recent Statement to my posting.

Do you mind having a look for me.

I would love to say "Goodbye" to these guys.

Cheers

Voda

Voda

You Cant Have That Much Of A Difference

If Its Confirmed, Its Goodby Welcome

How does this sound for an account still in dispute letter...

Dear Mr

I am in receipt of your letter dated 20th March 2009 and its contents are noted.

I just had to write that as that is how they start their letters :)

I have however decided to exercise the right you referred to in your letter and will be asking that in light of receiving your final response that they Financial Ombudsman Service continue to investigate this matter.

In the meantime I would also bring your attention to the fact that I am currently in litigation with your company and therefore the account remains in dispute.

Therefore my direct debit will remain cancelled.

As this account remains in dispute I remind you, you may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment. You may not add further interest or charges to the above account nor are you to pass this account to a third party.

Lastly you may not register any information in respect of this account with a credit reference agency nor are you allowed to issue a default with regards to this account.

Edited by andie_303

In Your Position Mojo, I Would Do This

Send Mr P A Letter Stating The Obviouse

Ask For A Final Response On The Matter As Further Action Is Pending

You Need Welcomes Reply Before Anything Else To Cover Your Back

Im sorry to be a bit thick but i know he has been refered to in this post but who is mr p and whats his address

Ok Im getting into this pretty heavily today.

If you read over your policy documents regarding the PPI, a few things jump out.

GImme a few minutes to scan them. This is VERY VERY interesting to Andie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks