Mckenzie Hall

asda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im a new user,

i recieved a letter today from mh stating...

we are attemting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.

we have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject..

therefore if you are the person named above, then please contact our office IMMEDIATELY on telephone number 01563 554782 quoting reference number ......... where upon further detailed information can be provided.

if however yor are not the person named above and/or have any information regarding the persons possible whereabouts, then please contact our investigation team in confidence on the alternative number or email address below

subject not known / goneaway 01563 554 784

[email protected] .uk

we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible

yours sincerely

chris fox

1. the address they have is my fathers address, which is the address i reside at..

2. the name they have is correct...

3. i might have a few unpaid debts but they from about 5-6 years ago but they not with mh. its been so longthat ive forgotten who i owe the money to... i havnt recieved a letter from any sort of debt collecting agency in the last five years...

i would appreciate it if someone told me what to do.... thank you very much

Do not, I repeat do not, phone them, unless you want an earfull of abuse.

Write back saying that you do not acknowledge any debt to your company or client's

I would suspect that M/H have bought your alledged debts and are now going to try to hound you into paying, probably for more than you can afford.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise on a longer term strategy if needed.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

As said, they are just fishing. I would be inclined to ignore it for now. If they were that sure of who/where you were, you would have had a proper nastigram from them.

If you get any real grief, start a thread over in the Debt forum... I suspect that they are trying to make contact because the debt is close to being statute-barred (6 years).... unless you re-acknowledge it in writing, that is. So, before you do anything at all, post up for further advice FIRST !!

:)

I have also recieved a letter, it sounded exciting like there was something in it for me. I tried to call them, no answer and then I checked the web and seen what they were about. Have n't heard anything since. Will let you know if I do.

I have also received one of these letters......

As been previously explained, Mac Hall are on a fishing expedition....

Just to explain, the only debt that I could recall was statute barred at least 12 years ago.

The only exception to this was where I recently challenged an alleged debt on behalf of my partner, even then this was from about 8 years ago.

maybe mac hall are keeping unlawfull records of those who act Ad Persona, for their relatives..???

I think a Subject Accsess Request is on the cards... could be interesting ???

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I would advice you to ignore these bunch of COWBOYS. They also sent me a copy of their template letter back in nov 2007 which I threw in the bin. (recyling bin of course).

Since then this debt (satatue`s barred) has been passed to 5 other DCA`S all using the same tactic`s.

DO NOT acknowledge this DEBT otherwise you will start the ball rolling all over again, if you have not heard from anyone regarding any of your debts for 6yrs or more then their is nothing they can do.

The DCA`S will keep writing to you and when they have no success they will then sell the debt onto another DCA, hence my 5 DCA`S.

The reason they keep trying is they have paid peanuts for the debt in the hope that they will get someone who does not know they can not in force the debt to be paid and will end up paying them.

Not 1 of the 5 DCA`s has taken me to court or sent balliff`s to my door for the money because they know what I already know they can`t do sweet FA.

Also take a look at the Debt Forum on this site where you will find lots of help, advice and information about DCA`S and how to deal with them.

Good Luck and DO NOT let them SCARE you into PAYING.........!

• 4 months later...

hiya, nov 07 i was contacted by a company who sent me we ned to contact you letter, i fel for it was told i owed £3500, i told them i didnt recognize the debt i heard nothing,then a cabot company tried the same thing, but they said i owed £4200, i told them i didnt recognize the debt, and that i needed the original agreement and and proof of payments , many months later i get a offer if i pay half of the amount that would be the end of it, i sent a reg letter saying how can i pay something i dont owe, well surprise surprise, i get a leter now from mh last nov saying the same that they need to talk to me, i ignored that and i have just now received another mh leter saying that i owe £4900 and that their clients cabot wil except £50 pm for 123 months or else.

i thrown the leter away, should i innore any future leters from them even if they threaten court or baylifs, or should i write staing the same thing as before, the so called debt has risen by£1400.

carbot said it was for a barclay card from 97 and that i had paid in 2002 but i disagree

cheers

gary

• 3 months later...

Interesting to read forum. Message on my phone (01.04.09) asking me to contact Monica at MacKenzie Hall on 01563, etc. urgently. The message did not refer to me by name and I'm also ex directory. Monica also suggested that I visit their website to acquaint myself with their business. I do not intend to return their call. I have no debt non-payments.

• 3 months later...

Ive been hastled from them out of the blue over the last week. I dont owe anyone any money other than my mortgage. They have all my details, which is scary, except they dont know my name!! but keep on sending me these please contact me urgently messages.

Cant they check the voters register??

:x

W*****s

Mackenzie Hall are well known for chasing debts that are statute barred, i.e. debts where a payment has not been paid for at least 6 years (5 years in Scotland) or acknowledged in a recorded form (such as writing)....I'd always recommend sending out this letter by recorded delivery... - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Once you state that you have no intention of paying towards a debt that is staute barred they cannot continue to contact you as it could be construed as harrassment agains the OFT's guidelines on debt collection - Mackenzie Hall were recently slapped by the OFT and had restrictions placed on them - The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts and if you do have a complaint then you must report this to the OFT...