Aktiv Kapital First Investment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a reply today from the OFT re my complaint about being asked for payment for a debt I knew nothing about from Debt Managers on behalf of Aktiv Kapital. The letter says neither company has a consumer credit licence and my complaint has been put on file "for future reference". In other words, if they do apply for a licence, they have had their chips, so do send your complaints to the OFT.

WTF :eek:

Sorry, Babybear - I got that totally wrong!! I must have been dozy this morning! They DO have licences and the OFT are going to add my complaint to others - they are taking it seriously. So my message is always write to them even though they do not deal with individual complaints.

• 3 months later...

Recieved letter today 'headed' from Thames Credit, which is a trading name for Aktiv Kapital, which is a company in Norway, with a Uk Po Box address hmmmm :roll: The letter goes on to say

'i have been advised that Attiv Kapital Investment Ltd have bought the interest of Barclays Bank Plc in the debt i owe them under an agreement.'

I have never had anything to do with Barclays, :confused: so couldnt possibly owe them anything, its only a smallish amount compared to other peoples letters £77.84, but its money i dont owe.:evil:

I think i should approach Barclays and ask them and i am wondering if there are any suggestions to anyone i should/could tell......

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You really need to start your own thread on this in order to receive the appropriate help and advice and to ensure that your posts are not lost in this thread.

If you don't know how to start your own thread have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 7 months later...

i need help .... i bought a suite off reid furniture braehead scotland... fell on hard times and got late payment fees from first national over £220 worth.... had £466 to pay which was passed to AKTIV KAPITAL i thought was another depmnt first national... anyhow i was paying till i could not get MULTIMASTER insurance to claim for suite broken but hard to get thru... also for a spray that was supposed to protect the suite (31/7/2004) ok AKTIV KAPITAL took me to COURT the other day for £131.02 plus expenses... i paid £131.02 out of fear 5 weeks before court but still went as they were claiming £150 expenses for brining this action.. by law paying the £131.02 is an admission of the debt but i explained to the judge i did not know this but paid to buy me more time to see if i could claim late fees back from finance company as you can with ppi , credit cards and bank charges so the judge has put the case to PROOF this September.. i think first nat is linked to GE CAPITAL BANK therefore can i claim these charges back from AKTIV as they now own the debt as they say! Can anyone help please?

also can anyone place this as a new thread as i do not know how to? Thanks

on mine the top of the page says POST REPLY

sorry agatha basically i bought a suite with protection spray and warranty added to cost meant i had to pay £1972 however due to bank charges from lloyds i struggled to make payments to First National who financed my purchase from REID furniture. I owed £466 when i found out AKTIV KAPITAL bought the debt but i thought it was another department of First National... anyhow i stopped paying and was taken to Court for £131.02 but paid that 5 weeks before going up in front of the judge lasat week. The judge was going to award them expenses as paying the £131.02 was an seen as an admission to owing the money but i persuaded the judge that it was not an admission on my part and that i was seeking information as to the legality of late payments made to First National of more than £220 and whether it would be AKTIV KAPITAL who should repay now that they have taken over the payments? Now i am wondering if AKTIV KAPITAL should send me a copy of the agreement and whether i should be asking for not only late payment fees but also £210 for the so called protective spraying of the suite and extended warranty service that i never received? Any help appreciated

• 1 year later...
I got exactly the same problem. Just got letter today from Debt Manager Edingbourgh regarding "Aktiv Kapital First Investment".

Can anybody wright me a private message if you got the same probelm? I want to go to the police and it would be helpful if I got further evidence.

Thanks for that.

hiya i got letter from them too dont know if late giving you a message

hiya i got letter from them too dont know if late giving you a message

You must ask for the details of the alleged debt then DEMAND a true copy of the original agreement. I did this after the case they dropped the claim for expenses as soon as i asked for a true copy of the alleged agreement! You can get further info from oft but if they cannot produce then they have no right to any payment!

It would be best if all advice was kept in the open forum to keep everyone updated and able to reply.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: