Oneofakind v. the DCAs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, latest summary....

Metropolitan Collection Services

This account turns out to be a Bank overdraft... letting this go for now.

Intrum Justitia

Couldn't comply, have returned account to RBS Mint. Still waiting for my pound back, as promised!

CL Finance

Supplied application form in posts above. Now past default date.

Direct Legal and Collections

(Hillesden Securities) sent letter saying they would comply, but would get back to me in 21 days. Sent letter after 21 days saying they would get back to me in ANOTHER 21 days! Defaulted.

Scotcall Ltd.

Could not comply. Returned file to OC.

iQor.

No contact, other than a letter asking me to call 'the office' as soon as possible to discuss 'a development on your account.' Defaulted.

Link Financial

Apparently they may need up to 30 days to provide the requested information. No admin. charge has been applied to my account at this time, so my pound payment has been applied to the outstanding debt. However, should Link incur any costs in obtaining the requested information they will pass these charges on to me. My account has been put on hold for 14 days to enable me to send them the further information they have not requested!

(Oh, my aching sides....:p ) Defaults Monday.(sorry, Tuesday - forgot about Bank Hol!)

:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone recognise this number?

0845 3723709

I've had 3 hangup calls. don't have it in my papers anywhere, and it's not known by saynoto0870!

:idea: ;)

Hi Oneofakind

Don't know whether you'll be disappointed with this or not - but I just put the number into Google and it came up as "Space Kitchens".

However, I am aware of these people and they're most annoying. It took us ages to get rid of them - they ring you up and try to get one of their salesman to call on you.

I think probably what is happening is that the have one of those automated calling systems

Hope that helps

• Haha 1

Swift round-up...

Intrum Justitia

Couldn't comply, have returned account to RBS Mint.

Got my pound back - after a month! Would have been quicker to just put the PO back in the envelope, boys....!

CL Finance

Supplied application form in posts above. Waiting for 12+30 default date.

Direct Legal and Collections

(Hillesden Securities) sent letter saying they would comply, but would get back to me in 21 days. Sent letter after 21 days saying they would get back to me in ANOTHER 21 days! Waiting for 12+30.

Scotcall Ltd.

Could not comply. Returned file to OC.

iQor.

Passed CCA to OC for 'urgent attention' 28 days after receiving it!

Waiting for 12+30 default.

Link Financial

Apparently they may need up to 30 days to provide the requested information. No admin. charge has been applied to my account at this time, so my pound payment has been applied to the outstanding debt. However, should Link incur any costs in obtaining the requested information they will pass these charges on to me. My account has been put on hold for 14 days to enable me to send them the further information they have not requested!

(Oh, my aching sides....:p ) 12+30 Default on Sep 28th.

It's all gone a bit quiet for now....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's now over 60 days since I sent off my first batch of CCA requests.

I have one (maybe) CCA, and I've rediscovered an old overdraft!

All the other DCAs, who are expecting payments next week, will get a surprise, 'cos I've cancelled the standing orders :D

Let the fun begin...

• 2 weeks later...

Been very quiet on this thread recently... probably due to the lack of post!

Anyway, received a letter from Cap1 today. We've been paying a pound a month for a while, and they're after more (of course!).

So, I guess it's time for another CCA. Anyone have an opinion on how likely Cap1 are to be able to supply a valid CCA? (this account is one of the OH's, and was probably opened 1999-ish.)

nothing else to report really: no furious demands from those DCAs who've had their payments stopped....

Yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an automated message from 08715 728833; strange sounding mid-atlantic guy offering me a chance to write off almost all my debt, and pay only what I can comfortably afford, blah, blah, just press '5' to speak to an advisor, blah, little known piece of legislation, blah, blah etc.

Anyone know who this is? google was no help.

;)

Sounds about right, but now I'm getting paranoid about DCA's sneaking around in disguise, especially now the nights are cutting in......;)

I think they all come out on halloween, the one day of the year when they don't have to pretend :rolleyes:

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Hey, busy postbag today!

First, Thames Credit:

We write in reply to your letter of etc. (CCA request delivered 18/10)

You have requested documents citing the CCA 1974.

We are not the original creditor. We did not provide you with the original credit facility. We purchased your outstanding debt balance and right to collect that balance. We did not purchase your actual Agreement, consequently we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of that Agreement.

However, as a matter of good practice, we will seek to obtain a copy of the original Agreement from the original credit grantor (B/card) and if that is available we will forward a copy to you. If Barclaycard is unable to provide a copy of the said Agreement that does not mean that we have no right to continue to request payment of the outstanding balance.

FYI the current outstanding balance amounts to £ (FIFTY POUNDS MORE THAN IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO , DESPITE INTEREST BEING FROZEN, AND REGULAR PAYMENTS ALL THIS TIME!)

All comments welcome.

Next up, fun and games with Hillesden/DLC

Stay tuned....;)

Well that's their problem NOT yours.

If Barclaycard is unable to provide a copy of the said Agreement that does not mean that we have no right to continue to request payment of the outstanding balance.
True they can REQUEST payment as much as they want, just a bit stuffed when you refuse.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Absolutely! They can request till they're blue in the face.

anyway, I'll just sit here waiting for them to default, which , from the tone of the letter, they will!

what I'm more concerned about is the fact that I've paid them regularly, and still owe them MORE than 2 years ago! Wait for a statement, I guess, then a SAR if necessary.

;)

So, DLC/Hillesden/Citi then...

Sent DLC a CCA request (End of July) which was replied to by Hillesden, with several delaying letters.

Today, 86 days after receipt of my CCA, I receive a bundle of photocopies from Hillesden:

'further to our previous correspondence regarding your request for information under the CCA 1974, please find enclosed a copy of your statement of account with CitiFinancial Europe / Associates, as requested.'

They've sent a bundle of printouts, covering the period July 2005 to June 2006. Nothing else - no current balance, no CCA !:D

Interesting that on these statements, there are charges, which I believe will make up about 25% of the outstanding balance....

I've recently stopped the payments, because they hav obviously defaulted. They won't know this yet, but they will soon...

:D :D

Haha! "we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of that Agreement" Are they for real?!

And I love how they try to make it look like they are doing you a favour... "However, as a matter of good practice, we will seek to obtain a copy of the original Agreement"

Thames Credit, get your acts together, people aren't ignorant of the law

Good luck oneofakind, although I'm sure you wont need it as it seems you are dealing with muppets! :D

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p