Which courts are carrying on????

adam1976brown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jules,

feel for you, keep plugging though try my letter out, you never Know (it might need checking for spellings and Grammer though, any body near Queensbury to compare tactics?lol:eek:

ps got a reply from my local MP Gerry Sutcliffe, too lomg to quote but will contact him again.

Stay fresh:D ;)

regards

chris

Hi Jules,

sort of in his last paragraph, he does say he will follow the case carefully and discuss the points with the appropriate authorities.

I will follow this up with my own personall letter clarifying my case and the details surrounding it, as for the other local reps and the MEP's no response yet, although I only emailed them monday, gerry's reply was very swift (maybe standard reply, but he repilied thank him.)

keep you informed

stay fresh:D ;)

regards

chris

Just phoned Chichester, explained that I wanted to file against a bank, but I understood about the stays that the banks were allowed to ask for.... and what was happening at Chichester? The gentlemen told me that every case was individual and he was not allowed to comment on individual cases. I asked if there were any cases up and coming that were not subject to a stay? he also told me that every case was individual and he couldnt comment.......... The most I was able to assatain was that a number of cases had been stayed.

I also phoned Portsmouth, a sweet lady there who couldn't really answer, other than read a statement encouraging me to wait until the test case was resolved

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hi All,

right thought I would tidy up a bit and give you a list of what we have on each courts and whether they are continuing:

All the below seem to be playing by a case by case basis and are all proceeding as normal:

Aldershot & Farnham County Court,

Blackpool County Court,

Bow County Court,

Caernarfon County Court,

Chester County Court,

Chichester County Court

Guildford County Court,

Hitchin County Court,

Hull County Court,

Kettering County Court,

Oldham County Court,

Medway County Court,

Newcastle County Court,

Northampton County Court,

North Shields County Court,

Norwich County Court,

Nottingham County Court,

Salford County Court,

Scarborough County Court

Scun-thorpe County Court,

Sheffield Laws Courts,

Sunderland County Court,

Watford County Court,

Wellingborough County Court,

Winchester Combined Court

Woolwich County Court,

Worcester County Court,

Wrexham Count Court,

All the below courts have said cases will be stayed whilst the outcome of the test case is decided:

Bradford County Court

Halifax County Court

Southend County Court

The situation at the below is still unclear:

Skipton County Court

Generally though we can see in most areas it is business as normal:)

Sorry for the few whos court are staying:(

Take care

Leecabs:D

• Haha 2

Nice job Lee, and on your birthday too! There's dedication :D

But my Court is not there :(

Oh well, deadline for AQ is Monday, so I suppose I will find out soon :rolleyes: !

Best regards one and all

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hello everyone,

My updated situation is that Abbey have sent me a copy of their AQ. Shortly afterwards a letter came to say they would be asking the Court to stay the claim pending the outcome of the test case. I am about to fax (I do a lot of that to keep the speed up and avoid any problems with post office strikes) a CPR part 18 if that is a good idea. If so, can anyone guide me as to the best way to get into word format from the site rather than having to type out long hand.

I am about to file another claim against Natwide but can't decide whether to press my moneyclaim online button or send off my Financial Ombudsman complaint. Any thoughts? I have also sent an email to The PM at no10 on web site 10 Downing Street website - Home

Determind

• Haha 1

I came home from work tonight to be greeted by a letter from Abbey, informing me that they intend to write to my local county court to seek a stay on my claim. I visited my local County Court yesterday and was told that they had no cases stayed. I'll phone them up tomorrow. Abbey have until Sunday 12th August to furnish me and the Court with their bundle. Nothing as yet. I just hope that the Judge is on my side next week when their time runs out. Wish me luck.....

cheers for that Leecabs,

You beat me to it! lol:rolleyes:

I knew about the 3 regarding Bradford, Halifax and Skipton sitting on the fence, but Skipton was due to there being no Circuit Judge or Court Manager available as at Monday.:confused:

I will ring Leeds and Huddersfield courts to see if they are taking new claims and if either are, I will try to file there.:D;)

regards and keep fresh

chris

sorry leecabs you will have to take sheffield off the list as of today.........received letter from court this morning as my case was due to be heard 29 August has been stayed by the district judge........so my form to try and have the stay lifted has gone in today also.......wish me luck:(

Hi deadlykiss,

is Kettering near Halifax, I know they played them at football not long ago, so its within the football Conference area. lol:D

I could call into your Court to get my issues started for Abbey and Yorkshire Bank.!!!

On another note, how can the judges in certain courts ie HALIFAX put a stay on ALL claims, when the Yorkshire is NOT one of the 7 or 8 banks in the test case? I know you are going to say the Yorkshire bank is part of the clydesdale group, BUT it is not on the list, so can anyone who is claiming on one of the many other banks which are NOT on the list, being allowed to continue? as the argument could be that as they are NOT on the list then they surely CAN NOT quote the test case???????:rolleyes:

just a thought! ;) lol:D

once again peeps,

keep cool, stay fresh, keep it smooth and fight on!!:)

regards

chris

Hi einyuk, just finished my post after you put yours on,

sorry to hear that:eek: , Let me know how you do with your form to have the stay lifted. ps did it cost you £65, thats what Halifax said it would cost me, and that there would be a greater chance of it being rejected than accepted, plus it's another £65 I don't have free and its my 24th Anniversary next month right in the middle of the month, so I may get a couple of charges going through in October:rolleyes: , and thats when its my birthday:) , again in the middle of the month but I can blame the wife for the pressie she doesnt know she is going to buy me.lol:D

Hi Deadly kiss,

umm i dunno chris ,, kettering in northamptonshire if thats any help ,lol my geography not that good :p but i wish you luck :)

it's about £80 round trip in petrol:eek: :eek: , could get a family season ticket at the shay for that.:-D :-D lol

regards

chris

Hello folks - just thought you might like to know that we went to Croydon court with the Shabbey for our final hearing today.

The Judge actually started the hearing with the word unfortunately :mad: and proceeded to tell us that her instructions were to stay all cases pending the result of the OFT test case. I fought based on the objection to stay provided on this site (amended to take into account the OFT test case) and managed to have the stay made finite, proceedings would be stayed until the determination of the test case or 1st March 2008. The judge refused to entertain any of the "In the alternative arguments" saying she did not have the power to enforce these.

Good Luck to all of you out there - hope your courts haven't decided their ruling before you even set foot in the courtroom!!!:(

Lolakahha xx

Hi lolakahha,

Hello folks - just thought you might like to know that we went to Croydon court with the Shabbey for our final hearing today.

The Judge actually started the hearing with the word unfortunately :mad: and proceeded to tell us that her instructions were to stay all cases pending the result of the OFT test case. I fought based on the objection to stay provided on this site (amended to take into account the OFT test case) and managed to have the stay made finite, proceedings would be stayed until the determination of the test case or 1st March 2008. The judge refused to entertain any of the "In the alternative arguments" saying she did not have the power to enforce these.

Good Luck to all of you out there - hope your courts haven't decided their ruling before you even set foot in the courtroom!!!:(

Lolakahha xx

bad news that:o, awkward judge bottled it and could have allowed your arguments for the stay to be removed,

seems to me I think some of the circuit judges want to carry on but I beleive they are now being peer presured into allowing the stays to be kept in force,by a superior judge. I bet they would'nt have stayed any cases if they had any charges THEY wanted to claim for!!!!

I just wish the FSA, FOS and the OFT when the case is concluded have the guts to order the banks to supply ALL S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) regardless of how far back and make all the banks pay up without going to court, because, so far it has cost them more by having to pay the extra costs involved at court.

Maybe just Maybe the banks will just let everybody know exactly what they have taken from everybodies accounts wether still running OR closed over the past say 20 yrs and send everybody their money back,(even without interest some people would be over the £10k mark I reckon!!

Ooh!, could you imagine that, mow thats the type of bank I would like to have an account with:-D

Fat chance of that, I can keep dreaming though, can't I?

All you bank managers and the likes, laugh as much as you want now, but REMEMBER 1st March 2008 it's gonna cost you more!!!!

And for the FSA, FOS and the OFT remember the onesided way you treated the consumers on this issue, you granted the banks their condition for a stay yet you did NOTHING to stop the banks from continueing to add charges and removing the said amount of charges from the consumers account:mad:.

YOU as the financial watchdogs COLLECTIVLEY could have granted the banks stay under conditions that NO FURTHER CHARGES of ANY KIND SHOULD BE TAKEN FROM ANY CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS ACCOUNTS DURING THE TEST CASE, and only then would the stay seem fair (to a point).

YOU have allowed the banks to DICTATE HOW THIS CASE IS GOING TO BE RUN NOT YOU and even the Courts are bowing down to the banks. WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE JUDGES and WHY SHOULD IT ALWAYS BE THE CONSUMER WHO HAS TO PAY?????????????

ooh. I'm spitting feathers now!!!!

calm down chris, look I'm even talking to myself! who said that?:eek:

stay fresh peeps!

regards as always

chris

well said lol think we all thinking same thing ,, sometimes we just need to vent and well if it helps why not ,, dont give up though think of all interest building up til courts start paying out again yeyyyy :D;)