iqor recoveryfor cabot - idiots

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am piecing things together as in....

Building up a picture of what they are doing.

Sorry i made a school boy error, yes they are in Preston, definitely, soz.

Trust me when I say I have been researching them and reading everyones experiences.

slowly its becoming more and more of a scandal.

Guest Cartaphilus
i am piecing things together as in....

Building up a picture of what they are doing.

Sorry i made a school boy error, yes they are in Preston, definitely, soz.

Trust me when I say I have been researching them and reading everyones experiences.

slowly its becoming more and more of a scandal.

Thing is, didn't 'we' all know this before? It's already all over Google. They are not my problem because I don't, personally, consider them a threat. Not much else to say except I applaud your enthusiasm.

No we did not all know this before, not everyone in the world has internet and not everyone is wise enough to expect these things to happen to them. Ok if they say you have a ebay account and you do then you probably do have the internet but not everyone is that well informed. Some people check their emails or facebook etc and thats it.

Also I have some other small points and answers I am struggling to find anywhere....

If Iqor really did work for Ebay (I am not sure about anything now) and are under any contracts, would they really risk a contract with such a large world wide organisation such as Ebay by acting in this manner?

Is someone pretending to be Iqor here?

Iqor have a bad reputation for the way they collect debts are the imposters playing on this?

Im very suspicious about this after everything I read.

Im gonna keep digging!

Guest Cartaphilus

By 'we' I meant ... Never mind.

No we did not all know this before, not everyone in the world has internet and not everyone is wise enough to expect these things to happen to them. Ok if they say you have a

link3.gif

account and you do then you probably do have the internet but not everyone is that well informed. Some people check their emails or facebook etc and thats it.

Yes, it's amazing really isn't it ... I mean I've just been tracing something myself.

Guest Cartaphilus

Like there being a Wilton Finance Limited collection agency based in Salisbury for example, beginning 01722. :)

Guest Cartaphilus
No we did not all know this before, not everyone in the world has internet and not everyone is wise enough to expect these things to happen to them. Ok if they say you

Thing is, if everyone doesn't have the internet, how are they going to read what you are saying? You also appear to assume I am interested in any of this? Salisbury? Great, never been but I do have a relative lives nearby. Stone Henge, maybe? Bye. Have fun. Which I am sure you will have. As to whether I am going to post here anymore, is another matter. :)

Hello, again.

Wish you luck with that. One thing I am puzzled with, though, why didn't you check - as most people would I think being phoned up early one Saturday morning by a total stranger saying you owed money - and not check your online Ebay account?

I said I would not give my card details to her but would log on to ebay and sort it and she said you cant do that because you have been suspended. I stupidly believed her.

how do you know it was Ebay that called you again?

explain the convo please :) I have a simlilar situation, will post it on here in a bit.

I called ebay. I'm new to this site and can't tell who's talking to who!! But to clear up the phone number for iQor it's 01772832182 I think she gave it me by mistake because when I rang her back I could her the background conversation saying she hadn't given that number and that I was a lying bitch.

These people are conning innocent people and being aggresive while doing it, I would not appreciate them calling my nan to do the same.

I first got a text message 3/4 days ago which said something like:

"Please call Iqor on 08451550456 regarding an urgent business matter. or text and quote this reference XXXXXXXXX"

I did not call the number or send a text. Instead I type the name into google along with the word [problem].

I quickly found that there is definitely something wrong here and that it is a [problem] so I ignore it.

1 or 2 hours later I get a call on my landline and this is how the convo went...

Me: Hello

Iqor: This is Jackie calling on behalf of Ebay is it possible to speak to Mr ******.

Me: Yes thats me (I have a ebay account so was not suspicious so I said yes.

Iqor: Please can you confirm the first line of address and postcode?

Me: Gave the 1st line and postcode.

Iqor: Can you confirm your date of birth please?

Me: Err well, actually where are are you calling from again?

Iqor: I am calling from Iqor on behalf of Ebay regarding and outstanding invoice (Iqor? this is who text me).

Me: I do not have a outstanding Invoice (I do but want to have some fun)

Iqor: Your Ebay account is currently suspended and you have a invoice outstanding for £43.75.

Me: No I don't (I did not say this bit.. The invoice has never been £43.75, it was £35.75, I have since found out that it could be a 8 quid admin fee. However I did pay 15 quid of it a 3/4 days prior to these idiots calling me which makes the outstanding amount £20.75)

Iqor: Why do you deny that you owe Ebay this money Mr XXXX.

Me: Because I don't?

Iqor: something like: we know you do

Me: I know its a [problem]

Iqor: I am sorry Mr XXXX what was that

Me: I know its a [problem]

Iqor: what makes you say that Mr XXXX.

Me: Google?

Iqor: We know you owe Ebay this money Mr XXXX, your account is currently suspended and you have feedback score of 172.

Me: Anyone can find out my feedback score and if my account is suspended (it is suspended, I dunno where they get their info from though along with all my contact details)

Iqor: Why do you deny you owe ebay this money Mr XXXX?

Me: Listen, when we started this conversation you asked me 3 data protection questions, I only answered 1 of them. I did not give you my date of birth and you have disclosed the invoice amount and possibly other delicate information, this would be breaching Data protection and anyway you have got my invoice amount completely wrong.

I know this is a [problem]!

Iqor: Ok Mr XXXX I will terminate the call, thanks.

This lady had a split personality, she seemed to switch from passive to aggressive to passive again.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from these people.

My advice all potential victims is this, as I have read else where...

If you a company money you can pay that company its as simply as that. When someone calls you, ask where from and look out for the quickly muttered words (on behalf of).

I have logged into my ebay account today and paid my fees due to a second call I recieved today which I will transcribe below, while I was paying the fees I emailed Ebay to ask if they had referred my account to Iqor, I am awaiting a response. The invoice amount was no where near what Iqor were quoting.

The call I got today was from a man whos name I did not manage to take down but here is how the call went:

I have recieved 2 missed calls on the mobile in the last 2 days from the same number.

My partner answered the landline today and I was sitting right next to her.

She answered the phone and smiled and passed me the phone, I smiled back because I knew it was them, time for more fun.

Iqor: Is that Mr XXXX?

Me: Yes:

Iqor: its Joe Bloggs callin on behalf of Ebay can you confirm the first line of your address and postcode.

Me: No (In a really strange cant be bothered tone)

Iqor: Sorry?

Me: Nooo (in a reeally strange cont be bothered tone)

Iqor: I need to confirm I am speaking to the right person, please confirm the first line of your address and postcode.

Me: Noooo (in a really strange cant be bothered tone)

Iqor: Can I ask why?

Me: Noooo (in a really strange cant be bothered tone)

Iqor: It is quite a serious matter Mr XXXX

Me: whats it about?

Iqor: I cannot confirm this at this stage I need to confirm you are the right person.

Me: I just told you its me?

Me: Where are you calling from?

Iqor: Preston

Me: No which company are you calling from?

Iqor: I cannot disclose that information at this stage.

I Sniggered laughed and said good bye then hung up!!!

They phone me asking to confirm my details and cannot tell me where they are calling from?

That is one of the basics of DPA!!!

Call terminated!

What a bunch of muppets lol !!!!

My advice to Iqor is this...

If you are a reputable company that really are working on behalf of Ebay then you need to realise that we are indeed customers of Ebay that you are messing with. You say that it is not about customer service and that the matter is serious. It is about customer service, if you want to collect money then you need to go about it a little more politely and learn about data protection and how to use it properly.

If I get a email back from Ebay saying that they did pass my details to this disgusting company then I will let you all know and I will close my Ebay account and advise everyone else to do the same!

I would also like to say that I think these websites which inform innocent people of this terrible behaviour are a god send. I will also suggest to all my friends that they post their experience as I believe it helps innocent people protect themselves and prepare for things like this.

I could go on and on trust!

I posted all of the above on anothe site earlier, I now believe that there is more to this.

I think that identities could be being stolen and I believe we all need to get together and work out how these guys have got our details etc because we no that the companies they say they represent did not instruct them.

By analysing things that we have all done over the past few years we may be able to work it out.

Any suspicious activity experienced over the last couple of years?

What sites have we all signed up for, has one of them sold our details to these people?

Ever had your ebay or email account hijacked?

Suspicious home network/computer acticity? been hacked recently?

What connections do we all have?

Personally I experience various issues, I am signed up with various websites and my ebay account was hacked and recovered/rescued by me, I manage to get it back but that was over year ago. my sons xbox live account was hacked recently and i get keep getting windows Password reset emails, it is as if someone is trying hijack my live account etc. I just ignore them as I figure that its either dodgy or someone is getting their windows live account detais wrong.

When I phoned ebay to ask why they were saying I owed them money, I asked if they employ iQor and they said yes. I said do you tell them that it's ok to ring people demanding money, and I was told yes they have to if there is a debt to collect. I said don't you write first and ask for it to be settled and he said yes.

Guest Cartaphilus
When I phoned ebay to ask why they were saying I owed them money, I asked if they employ iQor and they said yes. I said do you tell them that it's ok to ring people demanding money, and I was told yes they have to if there is a debt to collect. I said don't you write first and ask for it to be settled and he said yes.

Something's not right here. I also know the correct number for Igor, like I also said I know exactly where their offices are so I don't need to know what their proper number is. Not sure what's going on here, it is of no interest to me. But it seems really odd to me ebay would tell you that as they can pretty obviously see on their systems you didn't owe them money. Also, ebay's customer service number is very well hidden, it's only given to precious few users ie it's shown on online accounts if you meet their impossible perfection system.

I have been reading that they have a 01772 telephone number which I believe is actually Salisbury?

slowly piecing things together here :)

Think I'm repeating myself now but that's what we OAP's do !! Anyway the phone no, is 01772832182

Guest Cartaphilus
Think I'm repeating myself now but that's what we OAP's do !! Anyway the phone no, is 01772832182

Sorry, but I am at a loss to know what either of you are talking about in your posts, in some ways it appeared you were actually arguing with yourself if looked at in a certain light/way. It was also pretty clear to whom my replies/responses were for, though I may be forgiven for thinking that because of your last post it could lead others to mistakingly assume the other user was me using another ID, given how it was placed/worded. Now, I will categorically state right now I have no association with whomever that user or users if that's the case were, except the impliance with your last post is now there. I am now left to assume, as this has happened twice now on threads here where I have posted, the last being another user replying to a thread in response to a question from an older thread of mine whether or not that may be the intention because it then led another user here to mistakingly think it was me using another username because of that other user replying. Again, I am unsure why or what these posts are actually all about given some ambiguities in them. Then all the posts in the middle of it all about checking emails, checking online one could almost assume perhaps someone who knows a few things about me, ie the problems I've had online in the past, what has happened, how it's happened and quite possibly is trying to make me scared again.

But I'll be damned if I let them get to me. Because, I won't be scared by their likes, I know every damn one of their names, which I will gladly pass to the police or seek an independent legal counsel through a solicitor wherever necessary. Think I won't, just give it a try.

Oh, BTW, but scared also by the likes of Iqor? LOL is what I say to that.

Edited by Cartaphilus

If this is of no interset to you why do you keep adding pointless posts to this thread?

I cleared up the fact that I said the number was a Salisbury number in error and the number is actually from Preston.

I am sure that we are not scared of Iqor and that we just want to see some justice done to these chancers that could be out there right now trying to rip of unsuspecting people.

If these people have outstanding bills then what Iqor is doing is simply scaring them into more debt.

Your comments do not help this cause what so ever.

I have recieved yet another call from Iqor today which I did not entertain yet again.

They are very pushy and persistant and the fact that my ebay fees now currently sit at 0 tells me that these people are definitely trying it on. Still I have no response to my email to Ebay so will update the people that are interested when it happens.

for now, bye....

Guest Cartaphilus

Okay, why are you pestering me like this, eh? It's obvious you are now waiting for when I log into CAG to do so. Care to tell me why? Is it school holidays, perhaps or do you work for Iqor? Because, going on what you have said, and how you have now arrived again in this way ... Are you now waiting for me to log in? I know what some might say that was for example ...

Guest Cartaphilus

I also note a guest viewing, so is that your other half or same side of the same coin waiting to post?

Okay, why are you pestering me like this, eh? It's obvious you are now waiting for when I log into CAG to do so. Care to tell me why? Is it school holidays, perhaps or do you work for Iqor? Because, going on what you have said, and how you have now arrived again in this way ... Are you now waiting for me to log in? I know what some might say that was for example ...

is that post for my attention?

Well, I thought I might find people on here with a similar problem to mine or people that could offer help. I didn't realise that there would be nutcases that read and post rubbish just for the sake of it.

Why don't they just find themselves a good book to read instead.

And for the record - since you asked - I was posting at 2am cos I was having yet another sleepless night. What was your excuse?

• 1 month later...

I personally consider this firm to be very close to getting their trade licence removed if their anti-OFT antics are anything to go by.

I do hope that like me readers are complaining like mad to the relevant authorities about their unacceptable conduct...

Now where did I put that N1 claim form...lol

:lol:

• 4 months later...
I have just been to report this to the police and was told that as yet there has been no crime and that it is a mistake that needs to be sorted between ebay and IQOR. I was told that if I do not get my money back then I could take it to court and would need to prove that it wasn't my debt in the first place.

This is, of course, arrant nonsense. The lazy flatfoot to whom you spoke needs to revise his knowledge of the Theft Act 1968m section 21 (blackmail) and the Fraud Act 2006.

Complaining to the police, the Chief Constable or the IPCC are unlikely to get any police officer to get off his fat, spotty behind; writing to your MP might, though.

But no case - no case number to give to IQOR.

And, of course, the old, familiar untruth, "It's sa civil matter, sir!"

I am inclined to consider that to be a form of dumb insolence.

I wonder if IQOR know that this is the response to expect from the police.

Alas, yes. It is the response I would expect from them but, then, I know that "police intelligence" is usually an oxymoron.

I had written down everything that had been said and had a full report for the police which was to no avail.

IQOR can carry on with this sort of thing and it's not considered a crime.

Trading Standards and/or Consumer Direct (08454 04 05 06) and/or the OFT may be your best bets for (a) getting your money back and (b) getting Iqor told to behave themselves in future. One cannot really expect the OFT to awaken long enough to revoke Iqor's Consumer Credit Licence, as that might involve them actually doing some work.

• 3 months later...

I have just recieved the same type of letter which I returned with a very vitriolic letter telling where they and Ebay can stick their letters.

One has to stand to these idiots as they are scaremongers for large companies, and I for one will never ever tolerate 99% are Illegal anyway, just trying to EXTORT money from weak/innocent consumers, and as a Nation we need to tell them where they can go. The Bailiffs Book offered here is a definite read, and legal. :-x

• 5 months later...

I have enjoyed complaining to the regs about this lot of bumpkins.

I have even been awarded some comp off the firm after I brought FOS in for the hassle they have caused me ....lol

So yes - do complain like crazy to OFT, FOS etc so they do get finally banned...