Reclaim Council Tax

TUTTSI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did anyone watch Martin Lewis tonight on council tax bandings and reclaiming the difference if you are on the wrong band.

Has anybody done this sucessfully and is there a template letter to use to do this.

This could be worth upto a couple of thousand pounds if you have been incorrectly charged and they do by all account repay and probably without going to court, not sure though that they will pay interest but it is a nice sum if it pays off. The saying goes - NO PAIN NO GAIN!!

I believe that we could be on the wrong band and feel it must be worth a try as I have done some simple checks and it does look like some or all the properties in our road could all be on a band higher than they should be and that meand they as well as us have all been overpaying council tax.

If you did not see the programe you can read about it on ITV News - About Tonight The show was called Reclaim Reclaim....

DS

I am in the process of appealing my Council Tax Band...

We live in a 3 bed detached in a close, yet my next door neighbour and many others in the close have a 4 bed detached with a utility room (which I do not have) and they are all on the same bad as myself....

I was told it takes 8 weeks to make a decision, we have less than 2 weeks left...

Very easy process though, I will let you know what the outcome is...

Hopefully a refund will be due...

Hi Nanna

Did you write a standard template letter or just created your own!

By the loved your character in Eastenders!!

DS

here you go:

VOA - Council Tax Homepage

fill in the relevant sections, if you have lived in your property for more than 6 months you will get a letter back stating that you cannot appeal as you have lived in your property for longer than 6 months, however we will look into your banding, they send you a form with the letter, you have to fill this in and say why you think you are in the wrong band...

I sent a covering letter listing all the 4 beds that were the same band as us....you have to show them the evidence...

If you need a hand with anything I would be more than willing to help, either PM me or post on this thread....

The site is easy to follow...

nanna