Drew V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

so sorry to interrupt you all, but I just had to say well done to all for pursuing your claims against the big boys.

I personnally havent done it as yet, little scared maybe, read all the bad press about them closing peoples accounts down and all.

may i actually ask a little question or two.

where do you actually start in all this against the halifax,

and how far back can you actually go in claiming costs and charges

Also, can i claim against credit card (Capital One) companies for things like late payment charges

cheers all.

Andy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Andy,

First of all welcome to CAG.

We are a really friendly bunch.

As for how far back you can go, most people go for the 6 years, but plenty are going back as far as they can.

Here are a few things you should always keep handy...

F&QS

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

STEP BY STEP

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Also all the letters you will need are here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Any help you need, just ask..:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Morning all

after much reading on this site, my head hurts. loads on info to take it. just been reading dusary v bank of scotland.

I have decided that I am going to pursue this, hopefully with the good help and guidance from you good people. nudging me along.

just one question someone may be able to help me on, if i cannot remember when my accounts were opened exactly, how would i ask for the statements.

Morning all

after much reading on this site, my head hurts. loads on info to take it. just been reading dusary v bank of scotland.

Now that WOULD hurt your head!

fighting0029.gif

just one question someone may be able to help me on, if i cannot remember when my accounts were opened exactly, how would i ask for the statements.

Doesn't matter when they were opened. Just fire off your SAR.

Even though they didn't tell me when my a/cs were opened, I just popped into a branch and asked them that question.

They helpfully told me!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Morning all

I have decided that I am going to pursue this, hopefully with the good help and guidance from you good people. nudging me along.

Hi Andy I could not remember when I opened my Halifax account before I claimed I just rans them and they told me on the phone I did the same with Crap1.

Halifax very easy to claim my claim £2295 lasted approx 7 weeks they do take a little longer now as more people claiming, Crap1 you will have to file at court they then payout after 3 to 4 weeks as long as no big mistakes on court file. My claim £1666 about 3 month start to finish.

to get statements use the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) template from templates library you may need to amend to use account in palace of bank for credit card.

dpick:)

Hi all,

so sorry to interrupt you all, but I just had to say well done to all for pursuing your claims against the big boys.

I personnally havent done it as yet, little scared maybe, read all the bad press about them closing peoples accounts down and all.

They daren't!

The FOS don't like them doing that - they chase them for it!

character0185.gif

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Can you believe

just nipped into town to the Halifax and asked for a cheque to be printed from one of my accounts for £10 to cover the SAR, only for them to tell me that they only print cheques now for over £50, fumming is not the word. told them i didnt have any cheque books for the accounts we hold with them, to be then told well I will have to go to the post office for a postal order.

will the halifax accept a postal order for payment of the SAR.

arhhhhhhhhhhhh

will the halifax accept a postal order for payment of the SAR.

Yes! They will!

But save yourself postage and pay the £10 in cash at the Branch - and get a receipt.

That's how I did it - way back!

Do i have to state the date period in my letters, or will just go back the 6 years.

what, if i want to go back to year dot.

the letter template doesnt seem to specify a date period

Hi again I used address below I also sent special delivery costs £4.30 but is tracked and has to be signed for. Some people have had problems with delivery but I have not and have done two full claims and another three inprogress and you can claim back postage if it goes to court. Also I never send to PO.box numbers only to full address

Halifax Bank PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

And make sure you quote all information held on account if the then send 6 years none compliance.

all the best dpick:)

I always count my 40 days from when Halifax receive it.

As for special delivery, I always send recored @ £1.04 some mods say just proof of postage is good enough - ie a stamp with proof, it's totally up to you how you want to send.

I look at it as I have posted it - end of. :D

Don't worry!

And don't stop at the 6 years, either!

Go to your

"year dot"

why do i feel so nervous about all this, butterflies in my stomach and all

hi, it is a natural reaction.

you will be fine.

just follow the advice from the established members.

long-term, think of all that lolly coming back to you!:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

Good luck with your claim with halifax andy i was the same as you but the people on here are so helpful and freindly there is no need to worry....i will watch with interest how you do :)

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

well its after 1pm now, so hopefully my S.A.R. - (Subject Access Request) should off been delivered and signed for by now.I can just imagine the coments they said when they opened it. "OH DEAR NOT ANOTHER ONE AFTER THERE MONEY BACK" well as you all say its my money and i want it back.so i guess there 40 days starts here does it, do i need to do anything else

Hi Andy

Just wanted to thank you for your support.

Hope you are readin everything up so youll know what to do when the 40 days are up.

Its amazin how much you can learn on here .

Read all the Winners threads you can as well.

Gives you the little extra(no pun intended) confidence boost that we all need from time to time.

Its scary stuff when you first set out but dont worry, if you get stuck or need advice on anything just give a yell and somebody will help.

Remeber we are all here for you.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi Drew just to stop you wondering wats happening Halifax do tend to stretch SAR to the full 40 days I entered N1 at court for SAR none compliance but my data for SAR arrived after 43 days. If you ring them you will get we have 40 days and later after sending prelim then LBA if you ring you will get we have 8 weeks(we don't give them that) and we deal with claims in a first come first served basis. I think they must check each prelim/lba as it arrives and they have two in trays straight forward claims and all other claims.

On prelim you get a reply of we are investigating your complaint and we have 8 weeks bla bla bla.

On LBA you will get derisery off of about 15% if your lucky other wise 10% then you will get same amout as final offer telling you to go to FOS with your complaint so if you get this letter or 14days on LBA are up then enter court and you will be paid they will not go to court with a straight firward claim the will not disclose true cost of cgarges.

all the best dpick:)