• Tweets

• jk2054 - I haven't started a claim with OIC or MIB yet, due to being unable to obtain the name of the other driver.  BankFodder cheers for that, I'll go back to them with this info & update on here when I've had a response
    • Andy thanks for your reply. No i am now being evicted from the house i moved into after that previous post. The letting agent lied to me when they said the landlord would not be selling the house. SHe did not mention that the landlord tried to sell the house last year, i was not told this, 4 months into the tenancy i got the eviction notice. Its obvious they lied to me and used me to fill in the gap between their attempts to sell the house. I have filled in the defence form as it was easy to follow the old one from my previous post. I will post it later on in the hope someone can give it the once over. It has to be in by the end of this month may 31st.  
    • It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Drew V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just rean dand seen the news regarding the test case.

bugger me, just as I am pursuing the halifax, all this happens

just guess I aint going to get my money back

arhhhhhhhhh

does this mean that I wont get anything till after the test case, if so, how long is it going to take to deal with

hellllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, its fine, carry on with your claim.

Have a read of this...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/107582-oft-test-case-what.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

None of us are giving up on this!

No matter HOW long it takes for the test case to be heard.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Nope the banks have managed just to delay the inevitable for a bit longer get your claim in then you know you are in line for payment later.

This also puts your account in dispute and should stop some of the bulling tactics some of the banks use.

all the best dpick:mad:

Hi Andy

Hope your not worrying too much about this test case.

I dont think any of us are willing to just give in, hold out for the results and even if it does take an age just think of all the interest that is mounting on your claim .

I believe that a few people are panicing,( I WAS one ) but having read about what it entales Ive got a bit more insight into it now I think.

What will be, will be anyway . We cant have the last vote on this one unfortunatley, but in my heart I feel that the banks wont win over us.

Just keep on as usual until told different by the courts I guess so keep your chin up and your doing great.

Good Luck

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

right then, just had a letter back from the Halifax regarding my SAR

they have sent me a list of charges going back to 1/3/2000 and 5/12/2003 on my accounts, now i have had these accounts for must be the best part of 20 years. I havent received any statements at all from them just 2 pieces of A4 paper with the charges and dates.

Would I be right in thinking they have failed in my SAR ?????

what do I need to don now.

many thanks all

Hi

Dont know if Im right but if you sent the SAR on the 20th July (Friday) they would get it on Monday 23rd so that means they still have till the 31st Aug to comply.

Sometimes they leave it till the very end of the 40days to send them to ppl.

If however they do not do this then go to the link that Tilly sent you and get a letter sent off.

They are known though for sending these out late, some ppl wait a lot longer than the 40 days as they always say they are inundated with letters requesting information.

Good Luck and keep us all posted ( no pun intended) LOL

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Just as an afterthought Andy you could try ringing them and saying that you have recieved so many but not the full amount and if they do not comply then you will put complaint in about them .

MIGHT do some good and get them to get their finger out.:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Blimey andy that was quick LOL

I know they have only sent 2 bits of paper but if you do get in touch tell them you want the correct statements. I dont think the test case should be a reason for their non- compliance.

Like I said though they have untill the 31st so even if you did put complaint in now you might get told that they still have a few days remaining and to wait and see as dont think anyone could act on it yet if the time is not officially up.

I might be wrong so if anyone thinks I am please feel free to correct me.

Regards

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi again

Not too sure to be honest but if it were me Id tell them that I wanted EVERYTHING they had as far back as they go and if just by chance they try it on with "Sorry we only keep records for 6 yrs" tell them you know this is utter rot.

Tell them that there are members of the CAG that have information going back longer than that and you can get proof.

All of it or your going to complain..

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

right then, just had a letter back from the Halifax regarding my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

they have sent me a list of charges going back to 1/3/2000 and 5/12/2003 on my accounts, now i have had these accounts for must be the best part of 20 years. I havent received any statements at all from them just 2 pieces of A4 paper with the charges and dates.

Would I be right in thinking they have failed in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) ?????

what do I need to don now.

many thanks all

It will depend on how your S.A.R was worded Andy, If you asked for ALL INFORMATION HELD BY THEM RE YOUR ACCOUNTS then they will be in breach of compliance, If you asked " a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for Direct Debit etc" the position is not quite so clear, (Look at my thread here stonedecroze v halifax 2 to see where I made mistakes. ) the list that they have sent you is enough to proceed with at this time. Go directly to the I.C.O Information Commissioners Office Information Commissioner's Office with your complaint about non compliance, as this will prob make them move quicker. You can do this from link just download form from site, then write to Howard and ask for statements, and copies of all letters sent to you re your accounts and a copy of the original terms and conditions that you signed.

so your next step after this is send in you Request for Payment, ( you can do all three of these at the same time ). thats enough to get on with for now mate,worktd8.gif Thats a lot to take on board, any queries ,casse-mur-briques.gif just ask always someone around to help, they are a good crowd here Good luck and keep us Posted.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi Tilly,

I thought Id seen something refering to that but could not remember where.

The one remaining brain cell isnt firing right at the moment.LOL;)

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Tilly,

I thought Id seen something refering to that but could not remember where.

The one remaining brain cell isnt firing right at the moment.LOL;)

Have you still got one left???

atomrofl.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Thanks Stonedecroze, this what I actually sent them

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Andy, Hi again send a copy of that and a copy of what you received in response to I.C.O as Email attachments. the list if like mine:- date, amountDR. it is still enough info to proceed. Information Commissioners Office will point out "you are entitled to all the transaction information but it can be in the format that the Bank feels is appropriate" Proof of posting and reciept also helps Information Commissioners Office. when I wrote back to Howard re non compliance I specifically asked for Statements, copies of all letters and original T&Cs.

this is classed as new SAR. so they have another 40 days. Hope this helps. you can PM me if unclear. chin up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Andy, Hi again send a copy of that and a copy of what you received in response to I.C.O as Email attachments. the list if like mine:- date, amountDR. it is still enough info to proceed. Information Commissioners Office will point out "you are entitled to all the transaction information but it can be in the format that the Bank feels is appropriate" Proof of posting and reciept also helps Information Commissioners Office. when I wrote back to Howard re non compliance I specifically asked for Statements, copies of all letters and original T&Cs.

this is classed as new S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). so they have another 40 days. Hope this helps. you can PM me if unclear. chin up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00