Old Age Pensioner -v- HSBC

vandermerwe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete

Yes, you are due for an update, and I also owe pd a reply to her PM.

Have you ever know a time when clouds of the brown stuff seem to descend every day for what seems like weeks on end:(?

I just have.

I finally got the 'hardship' letter away only to receive a computer generated response concerning the OFT issue and totally ignoring my hardship claim.

Then the power pack on the computer failed and this stupid twit fiddled with the switches, turned it on to 115 volts and the new one blew.

Then the keyboard ceased to function so no e-mails possible.

Then Toucan charged me twice for the same month's broadband service and while I was arguing cut it off.

Then we found a cheaper property to move to and the wheels came off that.

Apart from that I've got my parachute account so we have food in the house, but an enormous pile of what I remember a particularly pompous lawyer calling "detritus and exigencies" (c**p to you and me:)) to wade through.

Problem is, I just don't know where to start.

Thanks for your concern, Pete.

Oh, and by the way the old printer started working again - I feel like Arthur Jackson. I'm sure you remember Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson from the days of Monty Python who was the proud owner of two garden sheds.

As a dedicated Pythonist what more can I say but "look on the bright side of life".

Best regards as ever.

Van

Hi Pete and pd

Your support has quite rejuvenated me! Honest:D.

All I need, really, is a billet-doux from deedee,:wink: an appropriate word from Freaky and then I'm raring to go!:).

I know, I know, I'm putting off the day but I'm not only a nervous wreck at the moment:( but also the type of person who needs to get stuck into a project and work at it non-stop until completion.

Tomorrow is stuffed up somewhat and then, of course, there is Saturday.:Cry:

Can't think why anyone should think I'm South African (hello FL;)) but we've (a) only got a portable TV and (b) Mrs. Van doesn't like rugby.

So what does an oke do? Go down to the local (10 different cask ales) and give his clap quietly - oh my gawd that doesn't sound right - or risk abuse, go home, get out his stamp albums and do a bit of poring.

With my luck the only pawing would be my black dachshund licking my precious Penny Black!

Possible solution is to take Mrs. Van and best friend, (she's Welsh and really very, very sweet), park them with BF's three young children (9, 12 and 15 - oh Holy Mary trouble coming up!) in a non-TV part of the pub, and watch The Match with husband of BF (who is all go having just had yet another blood transfusion for acute leukaemia which we all know is going to prove fatal - probably before Christmas).

The pub should have a heavy complement of Rhodies and others, so I'm fairly gung-ho despite the fact this town has a lot of - er - drink-fuelled incidents.

I'll post again (hopefully) on Sunday.

You're good people on this forum - I feel I know you but know I don't if that makes any sense.

Wish the best team success on Saturday.

As ever -alles van die beste.

Van

Hiya Van, I'm sure a gent of your obvious worldly experience will find a way to view the reenactment of the epic battle of Rorke's Drift on Saturday without incurring the wrath of the natives of your tribe :D and it sounds like your better half's friends hubby could do with a bit of light relief too :|

We know exactly what you mean, we have never met but I know there are people here I would do a lot to help and I'm sure they feel the same :).

We can only hope for a good clean hard game on Saturday to provide a spectacle fitting of the world cup final.

all the best

pete

You're good people on this forum - I feel I know you but know I don't if that makes any sense.

i know exactly what you mean. I'd never posted on a forum before i found this site. I was, and still am amazed by the generosity of people & their willingness to help others. Friendships are & can be formed with what would have been total strangers. :)

Hi folks

I'm not avoiding you.

I am sorry to say that my has wife suffered a series of TIAs (mini strokes)

since Tuesday and a lack of competent medical care and rehabilitation does not bode well.

Obviously everything other than her recovery is now on hold, and I'll probably only be searching the NHS forum for a while.

The lack of medical care available in this town is horrifying. We feel we have been to the gates of hell and viewed the Inferno.

Those of you who do, please pray for her recovery.

Sincerely

Vandermerwe

Very sorry to hear that Vandermerwe. :( Hope your wife gets better soon.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's ill health. I pray that she recovers soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Pamela. This puts things in perspective and reminds us all what's really important.

Take care xx

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello all you good folk out there.

I told my DB (I much prefer the expression to OH) about you and she, in effect, said 'who are they'?

For a variety of reasons I have tried to handle the fin. sit. alone, and as DB never learned how to use a computer (worse than me pete & cd!), prefers to use the telephone and, believe it or not, READ NEWSPAPERS!!). Er, she does have all her marbles as I believe the expression goes.

After finally gaining admission to the local hospital (after four full strokes, and not TIAs unfortunately) it would seem the Managing Deputy Assistant Bed Co-ordinator has cast lots for her bed and instead intends releasing her (certainly not for good behaviour!!) so it appears one loving hubby and two (even more?) loving miniature dachshunds will shortly be on the way to collect her.

Dear folk, we have been to the very gates of Dante's inferno and back.

Developments from Honkers and Shankers today, and will hopefully respond (and post for advice) tomorrow.

Hope you are all wishing our good friend Sequenci well.

All the best.

Vandermerwe

Hiya Van, I would hope your DB doesn't know a group of old reprobates like us :D and from the few of her comments you have passed to us I don't think she would be that impressed :rolleyes:.

Hopefully your local medical people know what they are doing, there is a great deal to be said about not being in hospital, not least of which is simple moral of the patient, its much nicer to be at home with the people and things you love.

Best wishes to you and your DB

pete

• Haha 1

Van you lovely man - sorry to hear about Pam. I am adding my love and best wishes to all the others that have already been sent.

Sorry I've not been around much, have had lots going on and have been exhausted to the point that I am crawling into bed as soon as I've had dinner - so no time spent on CAG. I am posting this now as I woke up at 1am and have been unable to return to sleep.

Anyway, I await your update on Honkers and Shankers and love once again to Pam.

deedee xx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p