• Tweets

• Creditors Name / Brand Acct Ref POD Balance Received (£) Claim Admitted (Y/N) Cabot Financial IVA 33749505 642.90 Y Cabot Financial IVA 35707961 8,162.07 Y Direct Legal Collections Q5180215 0.00 N Direct Legal Collections Q5185144 0.00 N Ee 157920642 0.00 N HMRC VAS JN434119D 0.00 N Lantern UK IVA M6152941 284.68 N Lloyds Bank IVA 6288 2,692.00 N Lloyds Bank IVA 30963530231568 5,596.00 N Lowell Financial 300092756 1,014.00 Y Lowell Financial 294767660 228.00 Y Lowell Financial 274783943 1,538.00 N Lowell Financial 241096338 1,343.68 Y Lowell Financial 280654617 22,446.00 Y Lowell Financial 264807132 1,189.00 Y Lowell Group 263221038 246.00 Y Perch Capital E0QZ6R22 0.00 N Zopa IVA E04E25C3B7434C8361 0.00 N Total Unsecured Creditors 58,978.33 Total SOA Claim 58,692.00 Fees and Costs £ £ Fee Type Proposed Approved Nominee Fee 1,900.00 1,900.00 Supervisor Fee 1,750.00 1,260.00 Disbursements 0.00 31.00 Adjournment Fee 0.00 0.00 Dividends Approved Dividends at first MOC (p in £) 8.87 Revised Estimated Dividend  (p in £) 8.83 Total Dividends Paid to Date (£) 276.29 Dividends Paid to Date  (p in £) 0.78 Case Details Income and Expenditure Reviewed N Arrears (Y/N) N Value of Arrears (£) 0.00 Current Balance at Bank 185.72 No. of Months Arrears 0 Original Duration of IVA 60 Payment Break Agreed (Y/N) N Current Duration of IVA 60 Breach Notice Issued (Y/N) N Subject: Request for Settlement Proposal Due to Changed Circumstances   I am writing to discuss the current status of my Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), now in its 36th month. Following a recent income and expenditure review with a debt charity this morning, it has become clear that my financial situation has deteriorated significantly, making the continuation of the agreed monthly repayment of £140 unfeasible.   The primary reason for my financial hardship remains the ongoing health challenges faced by my two Sons, which have necessitated frequent hospital visits and medical care since 2017.    As a result, my employment opportunities are limited, and I am self-employed with Uber Eats to accommodate their medical appointments, hospital stays, and monthly infusions.   It is crucial to highlight that pursuing Debt Relief Orders (DRO) or bankruptcy would not yield any additional funds for creditors, as I reside in rented accommodation and possess no other assets or savings.   Furthermore, I do not foresee a change or improvement in my circumstances in the foreseeable future due to the long-term nature of my children's health conditions, and the health issues I am now suffering for to the stress of this IVA.    I have faithfully maintained my IVA payments for 36 months without missing a single installment. Regrettably, my situation has become increasingly untenable, leading to depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts related to the financial strain of the IVA.    To avoid defaulting on payments, I have resorted to borrowing money from friends and family, resulting in a further deterioration of my health and consequently even more debt which is definitely not the solution I expected from you.   Based on my recent income and expenditure assessment, I am currently experiencing a monthly deficit of approximately £650 due to the escalating cost of living. Therefore, I respectfully request that you propose an early settlement to my creditors, based on the payments made to date, taking into consideration the exceptional circumstances surrounding my children's health and my own mental well-being. My wife too is unwell and unable to work leaving me to look after them all with zero support from the government or council.    If it is not deemed appropriate to request an early settlement, I will have no alternative but to cancel the IVA and manage my creditors directly.   Additionally, I must convey my dissatisfaction with the service provided by Creditfix, to whom I have been referred from Hanover. The level of service at Creditfix has not met acceptable standards, and I feel confused and unsupported throughout this process. Despite my worsening situation, Creditfix has shown little interest in understanding my circumstances and instead has pressured me to increase payments. Your last email requesting modification and an increase in payments clearly demonstrated to me that you have no interest or concern for my family or my welfare and are our solely to get what you as much as you can, giving zero regard to my situation.    Lastly, I want to clarify that I have exhausted all avenues of financial support, and I do not have any friends or family who can lend me further funds to cover the outstanding amount on the IVA.   I appreciate your understanding and assistance in this matter. Please advise on the next steps and provide any necessary documentation to facilitate the negotiation of a settlement with my creditors.   I have attached a copy of my latest income and expenditure form that I completed this morning that shows how struggling I am right now and can't afford to pay this any longer.    Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. I eagerly await your response.   Yours sincerely,
    • No because telling a story in your statement chronologically it would be out of run sequence. 
    • I have just sent my IVA company the following letter in going to wait to see it credit fox accept my request to put to my creditors or request to accept payments so far as my full settlement but I suspect credit fix will try they're best to avoid that happening - I'm confident the credited will agree but getting credit fix to agree is another story.    I have today sent them the following letter and if they don't accept I'll stop the agreement and ignore and on that instance plese help me clear all my issues guys as I'm sure I'll need lots of help to get the likes of lowell and Cabot of my back.    I do know that most thus debt was taken out around 2009 and 10 and some in 2015 meaning the original debt are all. Over 6 years for sure and I hope you guys can guide me how to deal with them now  firstly below is a list of all the creditors with amounts and some are duplicate and then followed by the letter I just sent to iva company 
    • I see CEL accepted all the stuff about you being a genuine customer and offered to settle the matter for £20. What was your logic for refusing their offer of settlement? I'm not saying you were wrong, we have plenty of cases where motorists have quite rightly told the PPCs where to stuff their £20 offers.  Just interested in your reasons for making the decisions you have been making about your case.  
    • Because its not connected to this claim.....Ideally if you had received the claim you would have requested information pursuant to CPR 31.14 and a CCA request for the agreement. DSAR only reveals your personal data held which would be minimal with the this claimant. You can leave it in if you desire but it adds no weight to your statement.   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

British Gas - Taken back incentive payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to British Gas In September last year after one of their salesmen knocked on the door.

I signed up afetr he told me that by joining them for both Gas and Electricity, I would get a £53 credit on my Gas statement as a thank you for signing up. This was confirmed on a leaflet he gave to me.

I wasn't sure as they were the highest priced suppliers, but the salesman said, just switch over until the credit is due, gt it on your statement and then switch to someone else.

So I took the plunge and switched. The transfer took place on the 3rd November for gas, and the 7th November for Electric.

When I got my bill after 3 months there was no credit on there, so I caled them up. They explained it would be on the next bill issued and that if I gave him the correct meter readings for both gas and electricity, they would send out the new bill which would include the £53.

This they duly did, then a week later I requested a transfer to another supplier (via the comparison site)

The transfer of Electric wen through on the 26th March, and the Gas changed over on the 17th April.

I've just had my final gas bil from British Gas and they have taken the £53 credit off me and are requesting it back.

Is this right, can they do this. The leaflet I have does not mention having to be with them for 12 months etc, only that I should have both gas and electric supplied to the property at the time of the credit being issued, which is correct, I did have both gas and electric supplied at the time the credit was issued.

On 17th May I sent this.

I write in reference to the Final gas bill you sent to me dated 26 April 2007 (photocopy enclosed).

As you can see from the copy enclosed I have highlighted one of the entries, specifically, an adjustment of £53 which was made on the 23 March 2007.

This £53 I presume is the 1 months free gas I was given for signing up to yourselves back in September 2006. Enclosed is a copy of the leaflet I was given on the day I signed up to British Gas. On the reverse side you can see note 1 clearly defines the conditions regarding the credit.

I see no reason for this amount to be debited back from my account as I have adhered to the conditions for payment.

I require a full explanation of this within the next 14 days, until this situation is resolved I advise that this account is in dispute and no further payment will be made to the account.

Yours faithfully

This was received by BG on 19th May- recorded delivery.

Today i received this, no other correspondence since 17th May other than this.

Mr Dori2o

We have been instructed by British Gas Trading to recover an overdue debt, in the sum of 121.94 on their behalf

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, will not hesitate to commence legal proceedings if necessary.

Please call our 24 hour payment line immediately on 08717001841 to make payment by credit or debit card. Payment is also accepted ionline at buchanan clark + wells online payments. Alteritave methods of payment are detailed overleaf.

Should there be any matter that you would like to bring to our attention or if you wish to discuss your financial circumstances in relation to the debt, please call us immediately.

Yours

Buchanan Clark & Wells.

I have phoned them today, and advised that I sent the dispute letter, they said it was not their problem and they will collect the money.

I am now going to send this letter.

I refer to your letter dated 12 July 2007. Your clients, British Gas Trading, are aware that this matter is in dispute, and your involvement is therefore a breach of the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection.

Physical/psychological harassment

s. 2.5 Putting Pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive

s. 2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

(d) not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

(e) not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

(h) ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

s. 2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair

s. 2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

(i) failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is

queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued

(k) not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

I am therefore unable to assist you, and will not enter into further correspondence with you.

If you contact me again, other than to confirm that you understand and will comply with your obligations under the OFT guidelines by passing this account back to your client, I shall construe such contact as harassment and act accordingly. This will include reports to the police, Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards and the OFT.

A copy of this letter has been sent to British Gas Trading.

Yours faithfully

And will send this letter to BG

I write in reference to the letter I have received from Buchanan Clark + Wells, who I am advised have been instructed by yourselves to collect the disputed amount that is owed on my account.

You are fully aware that this account is in dispute and by continuing to try and collect this amount without trying to resolve the dispute, you are in breach of the OFT’s guidelines on debt collection.

I made it perfectly clear in my notice of dispute that no monies would be paid to this account until the dispute had been resolved.

As you have taken no steps to try and resolve this matter, no payment will be forthcoming at this moment.

Yours faithfully.

Can anyone help any further?

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Contact the regulator.

I have found that these people start to take complaints very much more seriously when the regulator is involved

OK will do.

I'm still going to send BG the above letter, but I only have the address that is on the bills which is

House Contact Centre

PO Box 50

Leeds

LS1 1LE

Can anyone confirm another address I should use?

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

I would recommend sending them a cheque for what you owe them (actually owe them ie less the £53), along with a letter of complaint, address to their Customer Relations Team, British Gas Trading, Admail AA3119, Southampton, SO14 0NU. If you don't receive a satisfactory response within 14 days, take bankfodder's advice and go to either energywatch or the energy ombudsman.

Took the advice off here.

I have paid BG the balance of the account less the £53.

I have written to The Energy Ombusdman.

Tonight I got a call at 16:26 from Buchanan Clark and Wells

Here's how the conversation went.

- Hello

- Is that Mr Dori2o

-Yes, can I ask who this is

-This is Buchanan Clark and Wells, can you confirm your address for me please.

- No, I cannot

-Why?

_I don't know you are who you say you are.

- You have spoken to us on many occasion.

- I beg your pardon, I have not. I have spoken to you once when I called you, and I have written to you.

- So you do know who we are

- I cannot confirm that you are who you say you are.

-Mr Dori2o, we need to discuss when you are going to pay this amount.

- I'm not talking about it over the phone, if you want to correspond with me you will have to write.

- No we'll just call back later.

Then he put the phone down.

I hope they call back, it's quite fun letting them get all wound up.

They have received the letter I sent as I sent it recorded, but obviously they don't seem to care.

Or could it be they are so thick, they don't understand?

Just about to send them the template that tells them to write to me only.

Any other advice would be helpfull.

• 2 months later...

I've had a letter and a Litigation letter from Buchanan Clarke and wells today.

They state that they have contected their clkient, BG Trading and they have advised that they have not received and letter of complaint from me, and know nothing about the dispute.

They state in there Intended Litigation letter that they feel this matter is closed and if I do not pay the outstanding bal;ance they will proceed with a CC claim.

I have proof that BG have received both the leter I sent to them.One was to BG Trading and one went to House Contact Centre, where I was advised to send the letter to.

Both were sent recorded and both have been signed for.

I'm tempted to let them take nme to court and show the judge the evidence that they have broken the OFT guyideleines, and have not dealt with the dispute at all.

Bump

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would write to BG using registered mail to confirm that

1. the account is in dispute

2. you have paid the bill less the amount in dispute

3. you have complained about their handling of the case including the use of a dca

4. that they are responsible for the conduct and harassment carried out by their dca

5. that you will require compensation for the actions of bg & dcas when this is resolved

6. that any legal action will be contested and a counterclaim entered

7. that you require them to actually look at the situation and resolve it

keep a copy of the letter

Grumpy