off to post my preliminary letter to HSBC...how exciting !!

Guest malissa7999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest malissa7999

of (£0.00 =8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount claimed x 0.00022).

3. The last sentence of the POC above is about caliming the 8%

MICHEAL. i dont understand this last few sentances what you typed earlier, its the part in red i dont understand what is '' £0.00 = 8% spreadsheet calculation'' ?? and what do i put on the part that youe left ..''£0.00p = amount claimed x 0.00022'' ? i dont get it, sorry im really dumb and i just cant figure out what im supposed to put in its place....

oh maybe i get it !!......

the first part am i supposed to put the total with the 8% which is £1573.20....then the second part, i will put £1573.20 x 0.00022 for every day after,...i think ive got it,..im not good with figures all that much:rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest malissa7999

oh no !!!!!!!!!! :!:

i think ive screwwed up big time ...and dont know what to do ...please help me :(

i have just this morning recieved a letter from HSBC stating that saorry i had cause to complain blah blah and that the charges are fixed and published charges, also reminded me kindly that the OFT only applies to credit cards,..however as a 'gesture of good will'' they have refunded £170 of the charges to my account,...

here is my cock up...i forgot to send them the schedule of charges, and now they are saying that they require a list of charges with dates that i am claiming for befor they are avble to say whether they can be refunded or not,...what will i do ? there deadline from the LBA expired on the 24th july, i would have done my money claim,except i cant afford it untill the 31st when i get paid, now i just dont know what to do ? shall i send them the schedule and give them another 14 days, or just progress regardless with the money claim ?...surely they have access to my statements and can see the charges they have aopplied to my account ?? if not why on earth didnt they request the list befor now ??

its thrown me completely off course, i know its my fauly for forgetting to send the schedule and i have only myself to blame,..

please can someone advise me on the best action to take.

thanks.:confused:

ok, dont worry, calm down dear

have they actually refunded any money to your account?, or have they just said that is what they propose to do?, if they havent put any money in yet, dont fret, just submit your MCOL when you get paid for the full amount,

however, asap post a copy of your charges summary to the bank , i.e tomorrow, then they cant complain about that, if the bank has refunded, the money it said it would (£170) then merely subtract this from the total amount of your claim when submitting your MCOL

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Guest malissa7999

thanks i will send them a copy of the schedule tomorrow recorded post, yes they have already paid the £170 into my account,...however in my prelimenary and LBA letters i requested the amount of £1304, which is the total amount of charges over the past six years,..now when i do my money claim it will be £1573.20..with the calculated 8%interest added on to it, plus the £120 court costs,...shall i send them the schedule with the interest added on to it, or just the charges alone ?

also on there letter they aknowledge reciept of my letter (prlimemary letter) dated 16th june, yet there reply was dated 24th july,...so presumably if it did go to court as they accept reciept of my letter it dosent look good on them that they took so long to reply or to request the list of charges...aprt from the fact that they should already have them any way.

i will still proceed with the money claim on monday,..i feel that there letter is so contradictory, one paragraph they are telling ,me the charges r correct and not unenforceable, the next they r telling me they will refund £170 back to me, and then they request me to give them the list and dates of charges im claiming,.....they r nutts absolutly nutts !!

also they bombarded me with a load of literature and leaflets that i didnt not require, so i will write to them (as did spiceskull) telling them as i did not request this information that i consider this to be junk mail, and there for request they cease sending me such 'junk mail'..let them put that in there pipe and smoke it !!!

thanks for ure advice..cheers:wink:

Guest malissa7999

thanks michael,...i had it completely wrong,..thanks god im not making my money claim till monday !!

yes it makes perfect sense now,....thanks again :o)

Guest malissa7999

hi, folks,..just thought id let you all know ive decided to do my claim today instead of tomorrow,..although it wont actually be processed until 10am tomorrow by the courts, but its so exciting,..i just dont know what to expect next.

and guess what else happened ? my current account was overdrawn by over £164 HSBC refunded me £170 which left me £2.76 in credit (wehhey) today i went online and discoverd they had charged me £2.01 in interest..straight away i went on the phone and demanded they refund this back to my account,...with out any hesitation or problems the woman agreed, cool !!

wish i felt this confident all those years back:-) ...now im back to having £2.76 in credit.

Guest malissa7999

hi, just to let you know that i filed my claim on the 30th july, it was accepted on the 31st july, HSBC have filed an acknowledgment.........(bum !! this gives tham a further 28 days !!),...anyone know what is likly to happen next ?........i really dont feel upto going to court :|

Guest malissa7999

i am so nervous, the court have sent me a letter informing me that HSBC have acknowledged my claim, and they have attached a copy of there response which says that they intend to defend all of the claim,.......... i feel so jittery about going to court, really want them to settle out of court, has it been known that HSBC has ever gone to court ??? .....and won ?

...i just want my money back.

you wont get to go to court im afraid they always settle out of court them acknoledging the claim is another of hsbc's finest stalling tactic they are very busy and need all the time they can get lmao hehe

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Guest malissa7999

i hope it dosent go to court i think i would quiver under all the legal jargon, im just hoping that they 'forget' to enter a defence then pay me all my money,...or they will pay me really soon, im so in need of this money right now.

i'll let you know if i hear anything else from them.

they wont let it go to court as they will have to prove the costs are reasonable and they cant so even if they say they are going to defend they dont its again just stalling tactics

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest malissa7999

hi guys !!

i recieved a letter this morning from HSBC solicitors offering me a payment in 'full' and final settlement of £1523.70, the only problem im unsure of is that the amount i claimed for was for £1573.20 plus interest at 29p per day, so thay have not quite paid me in full of the claim ,im unsure what to do as they require me to sign to say i accept this offer or not, please give me advice on what to do ? are they with in there rights to keep £50 for legitimate costs incurred by themselves ? i dont know what to do,....if i ignored there offer,by not replying back to them, they have no proof ive recieved there offer, at the end of the 28 days from them acknowleding the claim, can i just request payment by default ?..or is it risky to do this ?...advice please

This could well be just a typo error. Write back and say you assume this is a mistake on their part . Point out they have also forgotten to include the daily rate andask them to clarify their offer. Reiterate what your claim is and that you do not consider the claim settled until they have paid this amount.

Guest malissa7999

ok, so they want me to sign to say i accept this as settlement ? im guessing if i dont sign then they wont pay me back ? do i insist upon payment befor i sign anything ?

i will send them a letter like you sudgested, im assuming it goes to debbie d'aubney who sent me the offer from hsbc solicitors ?, however on the 3rd of september if things havent gone the way i like can i just default them ?

ok, so they want me to sign to say i accept this as settlement ? Don't

im guessing if i dont sign then they wont pay me back ? Correct

do i insist upon payment befor i sign anything ? Insist on the correct amount in writing before signing and only to conditions you agree to.

i will send them a letter like you sudgested, im assuming it goes to debbie d'aubney who sent me the offer from hsbc solicitors ?, Yes

however on the 3rd of september if things havent gone the way i like can i just default them ? In theory yes, but it'll be quicker to negociate a seetlement

Guest malissa7999

aaaahhhh thanks michael :oops:

....................... would i be too cheeky in asking you for some ideas on how to put together a letter ?

only ive been using the template letters untill now, and i dont want to loose the professionalism so near to the end.

Guest malissa7999

ok how about this ?.......

thanks for your offer i accept this as partial payment only and my claim will proceed untill i have recieved the final amount of £50 plus the daily interest of 29p per day from the 31st july 2006 until date of full payment.

(should i send them there offer back to them unsigned ?)

im then presuming they will make me another offer for the correct amount, if they dont and it does go to court would the judge look unfavourable upon me for chasing £50 ?

Thank you for your offer of £1523.50.

However, my claim is for £1573.50 and I am assuming this is a clerical error on your part. I would be grateful if you could clarify this .

You have also failed to include the daily rate of £0.29p per from 31st July 2006

I look forward to your revised offer, failing which, I will proceed with my claim.

Guest malissa7999

thanks again michael !!

.......... mods, cant u give this guy a promotion, he should be a mod too !!

Guest malissa7999

whhhhooooooppps i cocked up again :rolleyes:

the offer they made was correct, i decided to check my claim on line to make sure what i had written down was oweing was matching, and it wasnt, the moneyclaim matches there offer, except they havent added the daily interest, but to be quite honest, i dont really want to prolong my refund for the sake of 6 quid,...i'll let them keep that as a tip 8-) !!

so im sorry michael, thanks for your support through this and i genuienly believe they should make you a mod, as soon as i recieve my payment i will want to make a donation to this amazing site, anyone know how i do this ?

im sending them my signed copy of acceptance today by recorded delivery (of course), i'll let you know when i receive the funds,.....im so excited !!:-)