Moorcroft/Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi pecky1,

So, they have complied with your request, but do you mean they have not actually sent you the Consumer Credit? Just a copy of your Application Form and a copy of the T`s & C`s?

If so, are you going to chase up the Charges on the Argos Account? Because if they don`t have the Consumer Credit then you should be safe, so you could just leave it at that.

Is there anything in the T`s & C`s or the Application Form you signed about sending your details to Third Parties? Aren`t Argos in breach of the Data Protections Act by giving Moorcroft your details?

I`ll watch with great interest as we are both in the same boat.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pecky1,

Thanks for the response on my own thread.

Could you possibly scan your form which is in doubt? If it is an application form then from what I understand from this site is that they can`t enforce the debt as they don`t have an actual agreement. Unless they pull one out, which they probably would have already.

If this is the case and just an application form then you should sit back and do nothing at all. They say, no agreement, no debt. Neither Moorcrap of Argos can claim it back.

I`m sure someone on here will correct me if I`m wrong or put it in plainer english.

Perhaps going after charges may stir things up for you.

How much is this debt? Is it more than your charges? If so, leave it and do nothing.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

I`ll keep watching with great interest.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi pecky1,

My Argos card is around £2600. I sent a CCA request to Moroncroft early in the week followed by a SAR to Argos a day or two later.

From what I understand, they may have sent you an Application Form and T`s & C`s with a load of waffle on but they still not have actually sent you a Consumer Credit Agreement.

If or when I reach your stage I would simply sit it out, say nothing and do nothing. Like alibobsy says, just wait and see who get`s back in touch with you first, then fire off another letter accordingly.

I`m not sure, but YES, you do have an application form, and YES, you have T`s & C`s, but NO, you don`t have a proper Consumer Agreement.

Do nothing and hang tight and let the clock tick. So far, it seems you have the status quo, so they say. It`s their move.

Hopefully someone with knowledge on this will come along soon.

I`m curious as to the legality of the application form and T`s & C`s.

I used to be the most honest person around, always paying my way. Now I say if you can get away without paying it back then good on you. No doubt you will have been ripped off with bank charges too, how do you feel about that con? Not very amused I bet, same thing here, only it`s the other way around now.

I`m getting stung off the CSA for £209 a month, simply because my girlfriend is registered disabled with arthritus and she is claiming off the state. The CSA have a policy if any mother claiming any benefit has a child, they automatically get involved. We both told them it`s none of their business but they insisted I play ball and let them know my income so they can take money off me each pay. Of course, I simply ignored them and now they are taking it from my wages. I`ve come to the conclusion you are better off not working. If you do, you get taxed on everything and get nothing back, and they think of other ways to take it from you.

My point here is, if Argos messed up with their agreements and their is a tiny loophole you can wriggle through, you should diet down and squeeze through. I know I would and so would they if it was them. You`re probably getting lashed with interest every month too, I know I was.

Anyway, time to go. When this is all over I might apply for another Argos card for a joke.

Catch you all later.

N.P

• Haha 1

Hi pecky,

Wow! £74 a week, that`s just stupid! Does your son`s partner / ex-partner actually get the money though? Mine isn`t, they say it`s in the system. She gets a child allowance but there are no entries on her bank statements from the CSA. They paid 12p into her account a few months back, for her son from her ex-husband. I was fuming at that, as I`m paying £209 a month. They are taking the mick out of both of us.

Do you also know, there are Debt Collection Agencies owned by Experian the Credit Check Agency and that their boss is also the Director of the CSA? What do you think of that. Seem`s like they use each other to track us and rip us off.

Anyway, yes, just sit tight and do nothing, it`s their move now. If they can`t produce a CCA, you have no worries, but that doesn`t mean they still won`t hassle you. But it does mean they can`t enforce the debt. So don`t even acknowledge that there is a debt. Always refer to the debt as the alleged debt in all correspondence.

I think the problem with the world today is that we are bombarded with loans and credit cards and are basically forced into more debt by lashing you with interest and charges when they know you are struggling.

Stay woth this site, it is an excellent weapon against parrasites. They say that money is power, which is true, but so is knowledge.

Right, time to stick a movie on.

All the best and keep fighting hard.

Regards

N.P.

Hi pecky1,

If your going to work to keep Moroncroft happy, I wouldn`t have bothered and stayed in bed, at least untill they show up with a real CCA, ha ha. Just remember, everything is now on hold, DON`T offer to pay anything, not even 1p.

Here`s one for you. I`ve just checked an account I have with Cetelem - Halifax. It was for a Digital Camera I purchased on a buy now, pay never.

After the first year of interest free credit I said I wanted to pay the full amount with my credit card, but they said I could only pay cash with a cheque, so then it went onto the 3 year monthly payment [problem]. The interest almost doubled the amount I owed. The interest was £500+ on a £600 camera. Beware of these 3 years deals!

Anyway, a few months ago, I noticed their online account was out of date, and that mixed with paying bank charges and trying to get them back made me miss a payment, so they lashed me with a £20 late payment fee. They wrote to me and I blanked it, so they stuck another £20 on within a week.

Anyway, this has gone on for a while now, and I have never wrote or spoke to them, I was waiting for a solicitors letter or some sort of threating action from a muppet at the door who I would only have to kick in and throw out, ha ha.

The charges ran upto over £200 in just 2 months or so. About 6 weeks ago they wrote saying due to the continued non-payment of the account they are offering one more chance to settle and said if I pay up now I will get a 25% saving on the account. The charges doubled the amount I owed.

I also blanked that as well, I was getting my letter ready for some hot action at that point. Anyway, I just checked the account out of interest this morning and the arrears have been cleared, even the missed payment has gone, I just have another 6 payments to make which I worked out as correct.

In fact, I could pay the outstanding amount now which is £181 and clear it. That means the account is cleared and I wouldn`t have even paid the £31 missed payment, and their bull%*@! charges they tried to con out of me.

What do you think of that lark?

You hear of horror stories about other people`s debt and hassle with DCA`a etc but you just don`t beleive people can be that sneaky and evil. I think it`s quite sad that companies will try ANYTHING to get ANYTHING out of you.

Anyway, I hope you haven`t worked too hard this morning, I know I wouldn`t have.

Remember the money you don`t have to pay Argos can go on something else, at least untill they show up with a real CCA, which by the sounds of it, they don`t have. We can both have some fun with these imbeciles, ha ha.

Right, catch you later.

Regards

N.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pecky1,

So you finnaly got your Application Form back then? LOL

I`m still waiting for something back from them. I`m also wait for some Printer Inks to land too, my printer has bombed out due to being empty. Damn!

Keep us posted!

Watching with great interest,

N.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pecky1,

How`s your case with Morecrap coming along? We haven`t heard anything from you in a while.

I still haven`t heard anything myself for a while, not since my last post.

Anyway, I`ll keep watching and waiting.

Ciao for now

N.P.

Hi pecky1 (Sue - getting personal now, LOL),

I was just checking. No, I haven`t heard a thing either, no more letters or calls. I wonder what plan they`re thinking of? I wonder if they`ve caught on to the fact that the joint members of the CAG are smarter than themselves and have gave in, LOL.

I post as soon as I get something back. one way or the other.

Welcome on board Reverend, there are quite are few of us on here now against Morecrap, Moroncroft or whatever the hell they`re called, I can`t remember as they don`t come into my thoughts. Do you have a thread? I`ll have a check later.

Catch you all again.

N.P.

Hi pecky1,

About time we had some action here, I was getting bored, LOL.

Anyway, from what we`ve seen on here so far from these muppets, it looks like one of their standard scare letters.

Note, that they say they MAY issue legal action against you?

Remember, they have only sent you the Application Form which is unenforceable and not a genuine properley executed CCA.

Yes, maybe one of Curlybens strategicly worded letters could remind them that a Application Form is NOT a CCA, and that they are still a bunch of muppets.

I wouldn`t worry too much at the moment and as for the charges go, I would only bother with that if and when they do turn up with the real CCA, then you can annoy them even further by setting up a pay plan minus any profit making charges. You could charge them £12 a time for each letter you send to them and threaten them with legal action if they don`t pay up, that should confuse them.

Personnaly, I would just send a counter attack letter thanking them for complying with your CCA request, but unfortunately an Application Form is unacceptable, and if they have any problems with that you would welcome a Judges decision, which we all no, couldn`t enforce it anyway.

It`s upto pecky.

Someone with more experience of Morecrap will no doubt be along soon.

Good luck and don`t give in.

Regards

N.P.

Hi again,

Seems CB is always on hand, what a guy!

Thanks CB, I may be needing that same letter sometime in the near future, pecky and I are in the same boat.

Regards

N.P.

Hi everyone,

ODC, what I meant was a letter similar to CB`s, which basically thanks them for responding to the CCA request letter, but as I stated, an Application Form does not constitute an executed agreement. Perhaps I used the wrong wording.

I wouldn`t recommend any send their own letter, but to use a carefully worded template, such as the one`s in CB`s armoury.

Hope this clear`s that little bit of confusion up?

Regards

N.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pecky1,

So things are hotting up now eh? About time isn`t it? LOL

I`m still waiting for a response from my CCA request, it`s been around 6 weeks now.

Still watching with interest.

Regards

N.P.

PS. By the way, we have a new temp in at worker and somehow we got around to talking about shops and Argos in particular. He mentioned he was being hassled by More**** but he rang them up when they first wrote to him and they sent him a payment book.

He said they demanded at least £80 a month which he can`t afford. Does this ring a bell?

Hi Pecky1,

Just thought I`d drop you a post and see if you`ve had any more crap from Morecrap?

I still haven`t heard anything, it`s knocking onto 7 weeks now.

Keep us posted.

Regards

N.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pecky1,

Just caught up on your dealings with Morecrap.

If they keep sending you Application Forms you could fill them in again and they might be stupid enough to send you another Argos Card.

I still haven`t had a thing back yet, so I`ll just keep hanging about.

I`ll keep watching, just keep fighting.

Ciao for now.

Regards

N.P.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi pecky,

Long time, no hear (so they say).

Have you heard any more crap from Morecrap yet or is it still all quiet at your end?

I still haven`t heard a fart yet (except my own :D )

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

N.P.

• 1 month later...

Hi pecky1,

Just thought I`d drop in to see how you were doing with this one?

Have you received anything from them or had any more calls?

I received a letter from Morecrap over a week ao stating they were unable to provide a Credit Agreement and have closed their files and sent the account back to Argos. I was hoping for more of a fight, but there you go.

Still watching with interest.

Regards

N.P

Hi pecky1,

How you doing? Just to let you know I`m still here watching everything.

Going off your experience, I expect I`ll receive some sort of similar crap from some empty-heads sometime soon.

Isn`t this site great? LOL

Regards

N.P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi pecky,

How you doing? Haven`t heard from you in a while, looks like these plonkers don`t give in eh?

I`m still waiting for my CCA after it went from Morecrap then to Fredrickson Internation. These buffoons have gone back to Argos for it but haven`t shown up with anything yet. It`s been quiet for a good few weeks or so now.

Watching with interest.

Regards

N.P

• 7 months later...

Hi pecky,

Welcome back. You could ignore this one, as it doesn`t seem very threatening.

N.P

• 6 months later...

HI Pecky,

How are you?

That is a new one on me, I`ve never seen that one before.

I have actually just read Section 60, and it doesn`t seem to make any sense to me really.

Maybe they are calling your bluff and trying to get you to think they can change they agreement to suit themselves, so it can be enforced. But, at the same time, without the correct terms they shouldn`t be able to enforce it.

I think if it was something they could use against you then we would have seen it before now, and on a lot of threads.

I think they are trying to bluff you personally.

N.P

• Haha 1

Just ignore the gimps and see what crap they send next.

It might even be something interesting to read next time.

Hi Pecky,

How are you?

I`ve been having a think about your Post 85, and I`m sure what it means is that the Secretary Of State can amend/change/edit Acts at his pleasure.

I think, they where trying it on by saying he has a right to claim the debt even if their is no CCA, but I beleive it just means than the new Laws he may add will take affect from that point onwards to agreements after the Laws are changed.

I mean, like the CCA 2006, which came into effect in early 2007.

Our Agreements are still regulated by the CCA 1974.

If they could change Laws to suit themselves then the whole Country would be in uproar and no one would have any rights anymore.

Keep up the good Pecky, don`t give in to these imbeciles, they are just a bunch of idiots trying anything on ;)

N.P