hi im new :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im helen just joined the site today and very interested in how ppl are claiming money back from banks , i myself have started the 1st part of my claims having recieved reply requesting bank charge details , I have sent letter rquesting monies owed back which stands at £4000 ,, i had reply today ,, saying im not entilted ect,,, no offer nothing , do i send another letter rquesting money owed ,, please advise . Im totally confused as so many ppl doing different ways ,

many thanks

helen :?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT'S what was going on! (:D You could have told me LivelyLad!:D )

I was trying to reply.

Well you started your own thread - eventually!!!

(Sometimes people do post in other people's threads when they are really just trying to get started)

Have you looked at the links I sent you in that very FIRST posting?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hello yes i did ,going to read again , as theres quite a lot to take in lol ,, brain dont work to well , thankyou for help both of you , hopefully i wont end up going to court but im here for whole ride as they say. :)

brain dont work to well , thankyou for help both of you , hopefully i wont end up going to court but im here for whole ride as they say. :)

Your brain is working just fine. Its the banks that have a collective problem in the changed environment they are now in.

Don't worry, it probably won't go the full way!

many thanx for replies im sending the before action letter on friday , i had letter saying that im not entitled to the £3000 i am owed from halifax saying something to do with obudsman ect,,, blah blah ,, so will keep you all informed on my progress , they also stated when i signed up for account that i agreed to charges ect ,, will this affect my claim ? i now got another account with natwest also just in case they close my halifax account :)

Collapsing as we sit here watching!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi and welcome, ;)

Just follow the advice you get from everybody on the site and you cant go wrong. I have been successful with 2 claims so far, both gave in before court, so keep your chin up and plodding away and stick to your timetable. BTW remember so send all letters recorded or registered. good luck, stone :)

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Don't even WORRY about Court!

I received over £7,000 yesterday!

It can be a marathon (mine isn't over yet, Helen) but with all the good guys and guyesses around here - you'll be just fine!

nice 1 Dursary ;) pleased to hear it ,, i sent the BLC leeter recorded delivery on friday so now i,ll just wait and see im going to read pages on court action just in case it goes that far , which im hoping it wont lol ,, how long did it take you to get charges back ? ,,, im hoping to have mines back by sept latest , but i,ll hang in there all the same .

Would also like to thank everyone else for there help and let you know its appreciated as im totally clueless lol , this forum is great and when and if i get charges due i will willingly donate :D

thanx helen xoxox

Hi Helen, if you are wanting to read up on the court action, its worth having a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:) Just keep to your timetable Helen, I have won from both Halifax and NatWest. They both paid in around 70/75 days, neither got to court, but in both cases I did not push for interest, but I think that they would have paid up without having to go to court. ;)

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Well, Helen, I began way back in April - or was it March?

It was March!

It's MOST unlikely it will ever darken a courtroom door. But it doesn't do any harm reading up the link that SSL gave you. (It passes the time, anyway, and keeps you off the streets!)

As you've already discovered - there are loads of friendly folks all around here - willing to share what they have learned - as you will do with others, I have no doubt!

Stick right in there!

• Haha 1

thankyou for replies ,

I guess it just a waiting game for now but will read up on court items ,, read a little last night was bit confusing but i,ll ask for helpwhen time comes ,, i have also been reading through other ppls threads re ,, Halifax and other banks ,, they all seem to have positive outcomes , which is good news :) im keeping an open mind at the moment as im sure there are ppl who have failed to receive there refunds and if not theres always a 1st . The people on here seem very informative and helpful for which im grateful looking at other threads has also gave me some confidence in what im doing .Will keep You informed as i progress.

Confidence is ALL that you require!

Hi all :)

just checked on royal mail website they have recieved LBC letter so now im just sitting back and waiting , have also been reading about court ect, on forum , very useful info ,, may need help filling in the N1 form if it comes to that which i think it will by what im reading on other ppls threads.

thought id keep you updated

thanx :rolleyes:

lol hi Tilly just been reading some of your threads well done least you got pennies back :)

im hoping to use mines to move out to New Zealand next years so heres hoping :) yep dont worry will def yell when i need help

is good that so many ppl that have been through this offer there advise ect,, i hope thatr when im through i will be able to do same lol mind i,ll prob confuse them more lmao ,, anyways work calls ,, washing , ect,, lol the trials of motherhood :p