Blair Oliver and Scott/Bank of Scotland ** Compensation awarded by FOS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked the FOS for a copy of the file for my complaint and they have replied saying they do not believe correspondence between themselves and BOS is personal data under the DPA and so I'm not entitled to it.

Any opinions anyone?

I think they're probably right, and even if they're not I don't particularly want to upset them especially as anything I did manage to get is very unlikely to be of any use - just more of the same old excuses. I do plan to ask them to hold on to the file in case it's needed though - maybe Trading Standards will want to see it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An alternative would be to just give in and offer them the compensation back in full and final - as if!!!

I'm actually hoping EOS will live up to their reputation and issue proceedings for me, which I can then defend and counter claim. Is that sad or what?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks Steven - I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them. The only reason I wasn't at my local court on Tuesday was the upcoming trip - I wouldn't dare use the word holiday even if it was being entirely paid for by someone else, I couldn't possibly afford a holiday. I'm waiting until I'm back and can deal with all the subsequent paperwork, but if they get in first in the meantime, then I'll just have to deal with it.

RMW

No they are not that stupid, they are absolute imbeciles.

I think BOS's behaviour in this case demonstrates two things: firstly, the contempt they have for people who have been loyal customers in the past, and secondly, that their management and administrative systems fall far short of the standard people should expect of a major financial institution.

Thanks Steven - I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them. The only reason I wasn't at my local court on Tuesday was the upcoming trip
When are you going and how long will you be away?

When are you going and how long will you be away?

Call me paranoid, but the closest I'll come is soon and for three weeks. I wouldn't want anyone to take advantage of the fact that I won't be opening my mail for that long.

EOS are quick off the mark. Their latest missive is threatening, amongst other things, that my assets will be possessed. I suddenly have visions of the TV talking back to me, which would amuse my very Goth daughter no end. Perhaps I should send her round to possess them! Now there's a thought. I wonder what I could charge for hiring her out - she scares small children and old ladies, so DCAs would be a doddle.

They're also threatening bankruptcy - I'd be happy if they will pay for it - attachment of earnings - did BOS forget to mention that I can't work? - and a charging order - they can join the queue, but there ain't gonna be anything left and one look at the Land Registry would put an end to that threat.

RMW

Ooh, I have a daughter like that :D Maybe we should set them on the numpties...All of them :p

I was often tempted to let her talk to some of them as she can wind up and confuse even a Harvard professor, I know, she's done it with one of my freinds :)

oh plenty of those around here as well.

oh and i use to be one so i no how to be nice to them via the goth seen.

I still have the music and i am very very tempted to us it when ppl call me.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The first new complaint to Blair et al was made exactly 8 weeks ago and on that one I haven't even had an acknowledgement, so the next FOS claim is in preparation already. I don't think applying for an injunction will affect the complaint, if I decided to do it, because the FOS complaint includes an awful lot more than harassment.

Full details of the complaint are here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html#post1453492

I have an appointment tomorrow with a solicitor, recommended by a family member who is a family law solicitor, for some initial advice re prospects of success and wording for an injunction application. This is no reflection on the help I've had on the forum, especially from Steven, but just a bit of insurance because I'm still worried about the implications for costs. On the face of it I can't lose, but if the judge has had a bad day, who knows?

RMW

keep it up reallymadwoman, we are all behind you :)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Better than being in front of you :D

Keep us up to date with all the developments in this case as i am interested in what BOS have to say when the paper land on there mat.

God how nice it would be to be a fly.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I honestly don't think they care.

Scene 1 - post room in an office building, work experience lad is opening lots of post, under instruction from older lad (at least 16 1/2!)

Older lad - what is it then?

Younger lad - it says complaint

Older lad - bin it! Next?

Younger lad - it says complaint

Younger lad - it doesn't say complaint

Younger lad - this one looks official. It says Financial Ombudsman Service.

Older lad - is it about a complaint?

Younger lad - Yeah.

• Haha 1

RMW

RMW.

Ty for makin me laugh must remember not to be drinking coffee tho

Lets just hope they Bin the court papers as you will get a deafult judgement.

I recently bought a new lever arch file as the old one was literally bursting. OH took one look at it and burst out laughing cos he said how could anyone take anything in that seriously! Now every time I look at the file I have a little chuckle in memory, and I really can't take it Blair et al seriously at all.

The file is Barbie Pink with nice yellow spots. It was reduced - can't imagine why! I love it.

RMW

I thought it was too good to be true - guess what the postman brought this morning?

The account with the one complaint that BOS have acknowledged has been passed to EOS solutions a week later. It's becoming clear that the only way this is going to stop is through court action. If anyone from EOS is reading, expect a no holds barred get stuffed letter in the next day or two. I'm not pulling any punches any more - I do not want to hear from them again.

And if anyone from Bank of Scotland is reading I'm tempted to take out a full page ad in one of the nationals to let your shareholders know just how much of their money you are squandering chasing after people who cannot pay.

And if Bankfodder is reading, is that reporter still interested?

Just in case it's not obvious I am absolutely furious. I have better things to do than waste half of another day trotting up to the post office with yet another 'recorded signed for' letter. The staff at my local PO must be beginning to think I'm harassing people they see me so often!

can i suggest calling your local friendly stockbroker, and buying a single share of the OC's bank, and then writing to their cheif executive informing him you intend to ask some questions in the AGM.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

can i suggest calling your local friendly stockbroker, and buying a single share of the OC's bank, and then writing to their cheif executive informing him you intend to ask some questions in the AGM.

What a glorious idea! Shame I didn't get one when the price fell so much! And what a wonderful use for the money they gave me! I can't think of anything more appropriate. Now how exactly does one go about buying shares? I don't think we have any stockbrokers around here.

RMW

London Stock Exchange - Locate A Broker Results most banks will also trade small amounts. Can't recommend any particular stock broker.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

can u do that with any company?

That would be a wonderful idea if everyone who had a problem with companys could buy a share and demand answers at the AGM. They would soon do something for there share holders.

I believe we ought to start a share buying scheme. Just imagine if everyone in the Blair fan club bought a share and turned up at the AGM with a list of questions ....

RMW

lol

Anyone who didn't want to buy shares - and I would certainly want to keep any investment of mine away from these unsavoury creatures - could always hand out a few factsheets at the shareholders' meeting. Just to keep them abreast of what's being done in their name, of course.