Blair Oliver and Scott/Bank of Scotland ** Compensation awarded by FOS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Babybear you may need a translator but this is the link.

London Stock Exchange - Prices

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an appointment tomorrow with a solicitor, recommended by a family member who is a family law solicitor, for some initial advice re prospects of success and wording for an injunction application. This is no reflection on the help I've had on the forum, especially from Steven, but just a bit of insurance because I'm still worried about the implications for costs. On the face of it I can't lose, but if the judge has had a bad day, who knows?

Well I'm back and there's good news and bad news - isn't there always?

I turned up with my barbie pink file and gave a brief outline of my sorry tale. Solicitor was very interested in the FOS decision - he said with that he couldn't see that Bank of Scotland had any defence if they wrote to me again, however the recent correspondence has only been from Blair, Apex and EOS. Whilst he agreed that perhaps BOS shouldn't have been passing the files around, he thought it would make the case more difficult to prove. He suggested that I will only want to do this once, so I had better make my case watertight against BOS and Blair, and to do that I need to first follow through with the complaints I've already submitted. Once each complaint has either been acknowledged or gone to the FOS, been allocated and had some contact with Blair, then if they write to me again I could practically guarantee success with the injunction against both companies. He even said at that stage he would be happy to submit the legal help forms on the grounds that he thought I would have a reasonable chance of success.

So a bit more waiting, but 1 complaint has been acknowledged already, 1 will be off to the FOS by Monday, and the 8 weeks will be up for the other two by the end of the month. I realise it may take some time for the FOS to allocate each complaint, but I still think we're looking at 3-6 months maximum before I could start the process. If anyone ever writes to me again, that is. Nothing for a whole week! I'm starting to wonder if there's a postal strike in Rosyth! Or perhaps the threatomatic machine has broken down.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

With all due respect, IMHO I think he is wrong in regard to BO&S.

Blair Oliver and Scott are not a seperate company - they are a department of BOS, ie they are BOS. BO&S writing to you is BOS writiung to you.

In evidence of this - BO&S are not registered with Companies House or the Law Society; they do not hold a Consumer Credit license (I checked with the OFT).

I can't remember if I made it clear that BOS and Blair are the same company, and I certainly didn't realise that Blair don't have a consumer credit licence - I was going to try and get it taken away!

I'll email him the above info and see if it changes his opinion. I still need Blair to send me some more letters though. Where are they when you really need them? This is most unfair!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Blair Oliver and Scott are not a seperate company - they are a department of BOS, ie they are BOS. BO&S writing to you is BOS writiung to you.

In evidence of this - BO&S are not registered with Companies House or the Law Society; they do not hold a Consumer Credit license (I checked with the OFT).

I hate to pee on your parade, but...

From Companies House:

BLAIR, OLIVER AND SCOTT LIMITED

ARROL HOUSE, VIKING WAY

ROSYTH EUROPARC

ROSYTH

KY11 2UT

Company No. SC133457

They are registered as Data Controllers with ICO as a separate company to BOS (i.e. not as a 'trading style').

Also, be wary of the OFT's database enquiry line saying that a company has no consumer credit licence. Firstly, it isn't always up to date; they are behind with applications and renewals. Secondly, in my experience you have to be very specific with the search terms, although I suspect this is directly proportional to the attitude of the operator. For example, (and it's not the only one), when I asked about H L Legal, with the correct postcode, I was told they were not registered. A couple of days later, I checked again, and was asked: "do you mean HL Legal, with no space between the H and L? Their licence number is...".

but AFAIK they are wholly owned by BOS and part of the BOS group

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

but AFAIK they are wholly owned by BOS and part of the BOS group

True, and it's worth remembering that if BOS say they are a separate company, then they (BOS) also have third-party responsibility for Blair, Oliver and Scott's actions under the OFT Guidance.

I can see why creditors have in-house DCAs, but the way in which they try to maintain the pretence that they are unconnected would be amusing were it not pathetic.

I treasure a letter I have from several years ago, in which, responding to a direct question about their affiliation to HSBC, Metropolitan Collection Services state that neither they nor DG Solicitors have any connection to HSBC other than as providers of services. Should I wish to discuss the matter further, I am invited to contact the writer at his hsbc.co.uk email address!

SP, I satnd corrected

The lady I spoke to at OFT checked under both name and postcode. However long it takes to update the OFT database, surely it cannot be as long as BO&S have to our knowledge been giving grief to RMW!

Yes, I think it is appalling how they try and deceive.

There's a thread that P1 started about Mercers and trying to unravel them, through layers of non-trading companies.

Hang on they are NOT BOS Doh!!

The group is HBOS isn't it

BOS is part of HBOS

and Blair et al are part of HBOS not BOS - but you would need to check this properly

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Have a read of the Mercers thread for info of what you will be up against.

Barclayshark has I think 300+ wholly owned subsidaries, and some of those owned each other as well.

Some more info on Blair et al

UK business credit reports, risk scores, annual account and company filings online from UK Data Ltd

as you will see a non-trading company ;) if you read the mercers thread you will see a re-occurring theme here !!

Hmmmm Ok the 2 Directors and the Company secretary are all 30something real people. One newly appointed in Feb lives in Ledds the other in Notting Hill and the Secretary in Halifax.

PM me if you want more info

IIRC it means that they are not making significant financial transactions

i.e. it is a company in name only, all payments go to clients and all staff will work for the parent co. which may or may not be HBOS directly.

The 2 Directors and Secretary are all senior employees of HBOS

What it *may* mean is that any complaint can be directed at HBOS rather than Blair et al.

The Directors are the Head of Risk Operations for HBOS, and the head of products, HBOS Retail

So they're the ones driving the show

I have received responses to two of my complaints this morning. I've started a new thread for the first here :-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/137462-bank-scotland-blair-oliver.html#post1458341 or I'm going to get confused. I think this thread is better used for 'general' measures rather than in relation to a specific account.

The other thread I started some time ago, here:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112921-bos-preference-account.html

There's quite a lot of questions if anyone can help. Thanks.

RMW

Well I'm back and there's good news and bad news - isn't there always?

I turned up with my barbie pink file and gave a brief outline of my sorry tale. Solicitor was very interested in the FOS decision - he said with that he couldn't see that Bank of Scotland had any defence if they wrote to me again, however the recent correspondence has only been from Blair, Apex and EOS. Whilst he agreed that perhaps BOS shouldn't have been passing the files around, he thought it would make the case more difficult to prove. He suggested that I will only want to do this once, so I had better make my case watertight against BOS and Blair, and to do that I need to first follow through with the complaints I've already submitted. Once each complaint has either been acknowledged or gone to the FOS, been allocated and had some contact with Blair, then if they write to me again I could practically guarantee success with the injunction against both companies. He even said at that stage he would be happy to submit the legal help forms on the grounds that he thought I would have a reasonable chance of success.

So a bit more waiting, but 1 complaint has been acknowledged already, 1 will be off to the FOS by Monday, and the 8 weeks will be up for the other two by the end of the month. I realise it may take some time for the FOS to allocate each complaint, but I still think we're looking at 3-6 months maximum before I could start the process. If anyone ever writes to me again, that is. Nothing for a whole week! I'm starting to wonder if there's a postal strike in Rosyth! Or perhaps the threatomatic machine has broken down.

Hi RMW!

That looks promising all the same from the solicitor and although i know it's a pain to have to wait i do see you being on the home straight! Can't wait for the day you get an injunction against them though!! :grin:

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

It's all gone very quiet all of a sudden. The postman doesn't visit any more! I'm getting lonely!

Has Bank of Scotland finally called off their monkeys, or should I expect something truly horrible in a day or two? The suspense is killing me ....

RMW

Now u know how i feel.

I have had one piece of junk mail in 10 days.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Same feeling here lately... the postmans arms used to be bulging a year ago now im 'lucky' to get 2 letters a month these days.

Oh did get one this morning but that was just being let off for allegedly speeding so.... :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Now that's the sort of post I don't mind.

The only post the whole household has received in the last 10 days is son's wage slip (good), circular from social club (OK, but binned once read) and the gas bill (good - payments reduced by £8 per month).

Bank of Scotland's lack of correspondence is forcing me to watch TV every evening. Why are they persecuting me like this?

RMW

Eastenders, corrie, dancing on this and house building on that repeated 12 times a day! Didn't realise it was that bad for you! You deserve extra damages for having to endure all those mind sapping programs..ugh! :rolleyes:

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything