Just Been To Court!!

dj9928
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm reclaiming charges on the other halfs account, the 40 days where up so I sent another letter threatning to report them to the information commisioner, 7 days are up for that tomorrow, what do i do now? do I just make up a random number and start court proceedings?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes a phonecall can chase them up. Failing that you can file at court, which you have already informed them if you sent the non compliance letter.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

This will cost roughly £63 but it is reclaimable.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Got my date today :) 25th May, so only 3 weeks before I have my money, can't complain, even better was they transfered it to my local court which is a 5 min walk :) Oddly didn't get one of them questionaires

Got my date today :) 25th May, so only 3 weeks before I have my money, can't complain, even better was they transfered it to my local court which is a 5 min walk :) Oddly didn't get one of them questionaires

That seems quick! Have you prepared your court bundle ... when do you have to send it by?

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

That seems quick! Have you prepared your court bundle ... when do you have to send it by?

I've prepared nothing :confused: Unless theres another letter to come, All I got was a letter from the court in Londonderry saying my hearing will be at 14.30 on 25th May 2007 and to contact them if there is any problems.

So did I - although I have prepared a bundle to send to the solicitors and court - just to prove I am serious! I am just hoping that I get a cheque in the post soon.

If you look at my post in Northern Ireland, mainland banks section of Penalty Charges UK - Fighting your Corner for FREE - Iamo gave me direction in what to do next.

Sarah

So did I - although I have prepared a bundle to send to the solicitors and court - just to prove I am serious! I am just hoping that I get a cheque in the post soon.

If you look at my post in Northern Ireland, mainland banks section of Penalty Charges UK - Fighting your Corner for FREE - Iamo gave me direction in what to do next.

Sarah

Thanks for that, I'm actually looking forward to this now:D It would be handy though if they pay up before court

This looks very very promising here. I phoned Wragg & Co, Just to enquire if they got my list of charges I sent, as you know what these people are like. She said have Alliance & Leicester not been in touch? No I said, She said oh right, I'll get someone to ring you back.

Hopefully they have settled :) :)

Jumped the gun a bit to soon, They never phoned back so I phoned A+L to see what was up, they looked through the case and said we made you an offer and it was declined so its going to court nowangry-smiley-030.gif

Ah well

Well the guy phoned back, he was a senior partner of Wragge and Co, he went over the speil of the charges being justified etc, got no where.

So court here I come.

I got a letter this morning from FrancisHanna and Co a local solicitor, it says they have taken over from Wragge & Co,

This looks like they really are going to court:mad:

What do I do? Has this happened to anyone else? I thought it wasn't supposed to go this far but it looks like I am going to have to go to court to battle it out with a smooth talking solicitor who does this for a living.

Help

Well had a phonecall from this local solicitor, He was curious to know if I will be defending myself, and if I will have any witnesses present.

These *******s are planning something. I know other in Northern Ireland dealing with A&L and they haven't got there case transfered to this local solicitor yet and they are in court before me.

Anyone any ideas?

I f it was me -

Don't answer any questionS from the solicitors out of court.

If it dos go to court ague that you want to see the true cost of the charges as you do not feel they are correctly set. If you know anyone in the media even local radio tell them this and see if they want to cover the story. AS WE ALL KONW YOU CAN'T LIE IN COURT SO THEY WILL HAVE TO TELL REAL FEES & DON'T THINK THEY'D BE HAPPY IT BEING IN THE NEWS DO YOU ?? But would contact the Office of Fair Trading & Financial Obudsman saying whats happening see what they have to say.GOOD LUCK

Well had a phonecall from this local solicitor, He was curious to know if I will be defending myself, and if I will have any witnesses present.

These *******s are planning something. I know other in Northern Ireland dealing with A&L and they haven't got there case transfered to this local solicitor yet and they are in court before me.

Anyone any ideas?

I'd be inclined to agree with blimeyboy that it's another scare tactic, dj9928.

Perhaps they think they can wrong-foot you, so you'll agree to a lower offer to make it all go away.

Play it cool for now, avoid any more phone calls from them, and keep us informed. :cool:

I would not talk to the solicitor on the phone. Stay calm, they are trying to rattle you. I also think, that they cannot afford to go to court and say what it actually costs - I won a few months back and they dragged it out as long as they could. I got a chq for £4300.00 So hang in there