austen v nationwide

austenpowers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have you won then?

Nationwide

1st Letter Requesting Charges Sent - 31st July 2006

LBA Sent - 16th August 2006:rolleyes:

Money Claim Filed - 1st Sept 2006:evil:

Money Claim Acknowledge - 5th Sept 2006:-|

Part Refund of £79.02 - 13th Sept 2006:oops:

Settled in full.. short by £1.32 but not going to argue with that!! (541.02)- 14th Sept 2006

Halifax

Requested Bank Statments - 8th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 20th Sept 2006

Letter Requesting Charges Back Sent - 23rd Sept 2006

Letter Sent Refusing offer of £85.00 - 7th Oct 2006

Letter Received Offering Full Settlement (£170.00) - 12th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

S.A.R Sent - 19th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 23rd Sept 2006

Part Refund of £152.00 recieved - 29th Sept 2006 :p

I take it there is cause for celebrations??!! :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Yes there is!!!! My balance online has grown since this morning but unfortunately at the cash machine it is still showing as overdrawn and won't let me withdraw any money so I can't quite celebrate as I would want to! Of course, as soon as everything is finalised i will be completing the survey and making a donation. And this will help to pay the £100 fee for my Allocation Questionnaire on my Woolwich claim, and most importantly will help us celebrate my wife's 40th birthday in true style next week. Thanks so much to everyone for their help and support, you are all real stars!!!!!!!! And if you don't already have your money back, I look forward to the day I am reading about your success story. Thanks everyone, but one final word has to go to Dolly, you are a true CHAMPION - keep up the good work!

Thank you everyone.

So has it all gone in then? Why is your account showing overdrawn...maybe it'll update itself later?

But anyway

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Hope you and your wife have a fab day.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Not too sure what is going on but the online balance quite clearly shows the new amount yet the cash machine doesn't. Like you say, I'm assuming it will update later. The figure seems to be moreorless spot on, it's about £2 less than what I calculated but I don't think I'll upset mysef over that.

It's a great feeling, isn't it Dolly?.. So everyone in the middle of their claims or anyone who is just starting out, Go For It and Stick With It!

hey congratulations, I'm so pleased for you lets hope it won't be long before mine goes it. Congrats again.

Nationwide

1st Letter Requesting Charges Sent - 31st July 2006

LBA Sent - 16th August 2006:rolleyes:

Money Claim Filed - 1st Sept 2006:evil:

Money Claim Acknowledge - 5th Sept 2006:-|

Part Refund of £79.02 - 13th Sept 2006:oops:

Settled in full.. short by £1.32 but not going to argue with that!! (541.02)- 14th Sept 2006

Halifax

Requested Bank Statments - 8th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 20th Sept 2006

Letter Sent Refusing offer of £85.00 - 7th Oct 2006

Letter Received Offering Full Settlement (£170.00) - 12th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

S.A.R Sent - 19th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 23rd Sept 2006

Part Refund of £152.00 recieved - 29th Sept 2006 :p

Can Anybody Help Please I Have Got A Flexaccount With Nationwide I Have Sent All The Required Lettewrs Including Lba But They Say They Will Not Reimburse Any Charges As They Are In The Right To Charge Them They Have Flatly Refused Do I Just Go Ahead With Court Action Or Are They Right In Refusing

Can Anybody Help Please I Have Got A Flexaccount With Nationwide I Have Sent All The Required Lettewrs Including Lba But They Say They Will Not Reimburse Any Charges As They Are In The Right To Charge Them They Have Flatly Refused Do I Just Go Ahead With Court Action Or Are They Right In Refusing

I'm not an expert but I believe they have to show that the charges they have levied against your account are to reimburse themselves for costs that they've incurred in refusing your direct debit or for your unauthorised overdraft, but how much does it really cost for there computer to do that and print off an extra page on your statement telling you about it, certainly not the £30 a time that they are charging.

Have a good read of the many post on this site, the banks are paying the money back because they know legally they haven't got a leg to stand on, but they will try to bluff there way out, they don't want to give up there ill-gotten gains

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: