• Tweets

• no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
    • As the electric carmaker sees sales fall and cuts jobs, we take a closer look at its problems.View the full article
    • Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this? Every day is a school day.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hsbc....Why do they not respond

hello1000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have contacted the hsbc regarding my charges (currently £1600 but rising all the time) My first letter asking for copy statements was sent 27th Feb and they sent copies within 4week's, I followed that letter up with a request on 2nd April that they refund these and recieved further copy statements?? that I did not request, I then sent a letter 10th june advising I would start court proceeding's and still have had no responce (this was sent recorded delivery and I know the branch recieved and signed for the letter 12th June). What do i do now...wait or apply to the court's. I worked in financial services and if we recieved a complaint (or letter of disatifaction) we had to respond within 5 working day's and had to offer a resolution within 8 week's.. Does this not apply with these cases????

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hi,

With my second claim against Bank of Scotland, they totally ignored everthing I sent them, even my Court Return Date and Court Calling Date.Two weeks later I had every penny I claimed put into my account, without a word. I would'nt worry about them not replying, they hope you will just go away. Stick to your timetable and you will get your cash.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi hello1000

Welcome to CAG

DID you use the template from this site to send your prelim and LBA (letter before action).

Quite normal not to hear anything.

If you used the correct procedure, then you have done all you need to once the 14 days is up, put your claim in.

Always post up on your thread anything you send or receive an peeps will help you.

Never be afraid to ask any question, no matter how daft or trivial you think it is, we have all been there :)

Read around on the various threads on here and learn as much as you can before it happens then its not a shock when you receive things from court & solicitors

Good luck with your claim

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

I have checked the financial ombudsmans website and it does state that I can refer a complaint to them once 8 week's is up... my question is do I try with the ombudsman first or go straight for court action??? or should i do both, court for my charges and the ombudsman for the no responce from hsbc...

Well i got a responce asking me to state dates and charges... time to send a spreadsheet of charges and then wait again... should I include anything alse???

All help welcome

Hi can you confirm the dates you sent your first and second letters asking for charges, and the wording used to ask them (remove own personals).

I am presuming you did not send a copy to them with your claim

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

After recieving copy statement's I sent my first letter on the 2nd April which was as follow's

HSBC

Re: Default charges on account number ******

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to default charges which have been applied to my account by Hsbc, amounting to one thousand two hundred and sixtysix pounds.

I have been a loyal customer of Hsbc for several year's. I believe that the charges applied to my account do not reflect the cost to the bank of my account going into an unauthorised overdraft.

I therefore ask that you repay the amount of all these charges, one thousand two hundred and sixtysix pounds.

I am happy for you to contact me on ******* to discuss the matter.

Yours faithfully

and then followed that letter with this on the 10th June

HSBC

Re: Default charges on account number *******

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to default charges relating to unauthorised overdrafts which have been applied to my account by Hsbc, amounting to one thousand two hundred and sixtysix pounds.

I wrote to you on 2nd Aprtil 2007 asking that you repay these charges as a gesture of goodwill to a loyal customer. Since you have not done so, I intend to take the matter further and claim one thousand two hundred and sixtysix poundsthe amount through the small claims court.

The basis for this request is that under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations and/or the law of penalties, the small claims court could declare such charges unfair and therefore unenforceable.

I am only prepared to pay the charges on the condition that the bank agrees to repay me the full amount if the small claims court finds in my favour and declares the charges unenforceable.

I look forward to receiving your response within seven days of the date of this letter or I will issue proceedings in the small claims court to reclaim the full amount of charges, plus interest and costs.

I am happy for you to contact me on ******** to discuss the matter.

Yours faithfully

I did not send any other details as I awaited there responce

Many thanks

i have looked through my statements and have found the following "Overdraft arrangement fee's" These fees relate to one or more informal overdraft request you have made, which have being considered and approved.

"Fair fee policy" We do not apply arrangement fees for overdraft requests (either formal or informal) unless they are made frequently. the arrange fee you are being advised of today is payable because you have made more than one request over the last 6 month's.

These fees range from £46 to £146 according to my statement's. I have never asked them for an overdraft and don't understand how they state I have???? How do I stand on these charges?? and how can they charge me for something they have done without my knowledge or do they class because my account goes overdrawn as a request?

This is just hsbc's new slant on things. The fact that you go overdrawn is now seen by them as a request for an overdraft of the amount you are going overdrawn. Whatever they decide to call it, as you say, you have not agreed to it. Even £46 would be absolutely extortionate!

You can claim all these charges back.

I have recieved a letter from the leeds service center asking for a breakdown of charges i am requesting a refund on... I have used the template without interest and have included this month's "arrangement fee" charge... Freakyleaky I don't know if you can answer this but these new charges are not listed on my original terms and condition's which I signed when I opened the account, Are they allowed to change/add new fee's charges etc???

Well the hsbc have done it agian by adding yet more charges...the have declined a couple of dd's on friday and charged me for the priveledge... strange that they have taken there charges from my account today making me overdrawn again, and no doubt i will be charged for that too???

at least i haven't applied to court yet as i will add these on

Try ringing them & complaining, saying that you are disgusted at the way they are still taking unlawfull charges from your account, especially as the previous charges are in dispute.

Also, i bet the charges are for £25, which is well over the amount that the oft set as the amount which they would not accept a complaint.

HSBC are still flouting the rules & ignoring the oft guidlines

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

I have just recieved a letter today saying my request for an informal overdraft was declined (another i didn't ask for!!) and they have also added £25 worth of extra charges without informing me (and i thought they had to give 14day's notice cefore adding charges???)... and they also called me asking when I was going to repay the overdrawn ammount and replied when they refund my illegal charges...then the phone went dead... I will call them myself monday and ask why they didn't reply to a simple question:rolleyes:

This is HSBC new tactic to cover their backs for you going over your agreed limit. I too have received a few of these letteres myself. I am checking to see whether they are charging me twice i.e for going over the limit that day and then charging again in their usual monthly "notified charges".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I have just recieved a letter today saying my request for an informal overdraft was declined (another i didn't ask for!!) and they have also added £25 worth of extra charges without informing me (and i thought they had to give 14day's notice cefore adding charges???)... and they also called me asking when I was going to repay the overdrawn ammount and replied when they refund my illegal charges...then the phone went dead... I will call them myself monday and ask why they didn't reply to a simple question:rolleyes:

LOL probably dont have a script written for that reply, Claim them back.

Remember tho they are unlawful charges, not illegal. Hope you go the phone number for india LOL

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

• 2 weeks later...

Well after hsbc decided not to give me an "informal overdraft" my charges have halved this month!!!! rather than £150 they are taking £75 for the same overlimit ammount!!! bizzarre.....

I am going to wait for the oft case as i didn't get my court claim in on time but will be writing to the complaint's department to make sure they don't forget me :D ... and i am complaining to the ombudsman regarding them taking far too long (well over the 8 weeks rule) and the lack of correspondance...