any advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received a letter today from alliance one acting as agents for barclays. it says we have not complied with the default notice (probably because we've never had one).we had sent mercers a cca on the 9/07/07 & this letter is dated 13/07/07. we have heard nothing from mercers since, should we send another cca to alliance one :-x

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

received a letter today from alliance one acting as agents for barclays. it says we have not complied with the default notice (probably because we've never had one).we had sent mercers a cca on the 9/07/07 & this letter is dated 13/07/07. we have heard nothing from mercers since, should we send another cca to alliance one :-x

Hello smiffy,

It's up to you really.

You could if you want. It's only £1!

Regards, Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...

have sent the cca to alliance one, at least the phone calls have stopped !!! but i've had no other contact from them,

does the clock start ticking from the day they receive the cca request??

i've just received this in the post from barclays, which is from the initial letter i sent to mercers

C:\Documents and Settings\Edna\My Documents\My Pictures\2007-08-12-1538-01\DSC00690.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Edna\My Documents\My Pictures\2007-08-12-1538-01\DSC00691.JPG

can anyone with a bit more experince than me have a look & see if it's ok?

it aslo came with a sheet containing standard "financial & related conditions"

Hi Smiffy 66 - just subscribing:)

I had major problems posting correspondence on my thread - this is what I did:-

Take a copy of your letters, black out all personal info, scan to jpeg, then upload to Photobucket Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - highlight IMG code (third box down), copy and then paste on to your thread - worked for me:D

Bo

PS - Photobucket is free!

Well this is a copy of your application. Have they stated that this is a copy of the credit agreement?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

the letter from barclays is headed

"ref: section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974

then says please find enclosed information as follows:

• a signed copy of your application credit card agreement
  • a copy of your barclaycard conditions regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.
  • the current outstanding balance on your account as of today's date is £****.**

the info enclosed completes our obligation to supply information and copy documents under the consumer credit act, i trust that this is suitable for your purpose, however please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance."

the balance they quote is also £360 less than on the letter i received from alliance one, which is dated 3 weeks prior to the letter from barclays!!!!

my oh has taken a couple of phone calls from alliance one in the last couple of days. first they said i hadn't replied to any of their attempts to contact me. then yesterday they said i hadn't responded to their letter dated 13/07/07. i have & i know they signed for my cca request on the 25/07/07, should i tell them i've responded or just wait & see what they do?

my oh has taken a couple of phone calls from alliance one in the last couple of days. first they said i hadn't replied to any of their attempts to contact me. then yesterday they said i hadn't responded to their letter dated 13/07/07. i have & i know they signed for my cca request on the 25/07/07, should i tell them i've responded or just wait & see what they do?

Hi,

You have made a legal request! They have received it and signed for it!

Sit back and let them hang themselves!

Best wishes, Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

they are still phoning & have left messages on the answer phone saying there is a problem with my account without actually saying where they are from!!!

are they allowed to do this?

is there a template i can send them to stop phoning, so i have everything in writing?

• Haha 1

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

• 1 month later...

received another copy of the application form (see #32) today with a letter from barmycard saying please find enclosed a copy of the original application form as requested.

anyone any advice on what i should do now??

Have you sent them an official complaint re phoning you?

First thing is not to panic. The longer they don't supply you with the correct

document [ie the executed agreement] the better it is for you. Since it

increases the likelihood that they cannot supply it and thus renders the debt unenforceable, and it also the increases the seriousness of their breach of the Act. Just sit back and relax-they know the application form won't do-they are just hoping that you don't know.