Deitus Vs Citicards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have received my court date and am in the process of sorting out my court bundle. It's almost complete but does anyone know where I can get a decent transcript from the Whistleblower documentary that I might include? Is it worth doing this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I am due in court on 10th July and have until Tuesday next week to supply my documents to the court so I will be mailing them tonight or early tomorrow.

Do Citi have to supply me with similar documentation bundle during this time or is this just on the side of the claimant and I simply receive the defense?

Just a couple of nagging little questions :)

Hopefully some of you may know and be able to assist. Am getting nervous now....feeling somewhat well out of my depth.

citi should seen you a court bundle too. although i had to write to get mine!!

if you pm gizmo111 she may be able to help with your bundle and what to include.

Halifax

Settled in Full

Cap One

Settled in Full

Citi Card

Settled in Full

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from court and I think it went fairly well. Judge was fairly down to earth and encouraged me despite my fairly obvious nerves. I got an order for full disclosure within 21 days. Anyone know what happens now or has received data from Citi? Am I to expect a ream of accountancy data that I have no hope of understanding?

Just got back from court and I think it went fairly well. Judge was fairly down to earth and encouraged me despite my fairly obvious nerves. I got an order for full disclosure within 21 days. Anyone know what happens now or has received data from Citi? Am I to expect a ream of accountancy data that I have no hope of understanding?

Excellent, sounds like you got a nice judge, is there anything for you to comply with on the disclosure order? on mine I had to supply the court and citi with a list of charges, a copy of statements showing charges, copies of relevent laws i was relying on and a statement of evidence, just waiting to see if citi comply, their 14 days are up on the 17th July..

Best of luck..GC

No, All the order said was that Citi have 21 days to supply the data and then I have 21 days to do something with the data. He also said in the event that any 3rd party analysis raised questions, that it was reasonable to expect Citi to respond direct to the third party regarding this, i.e. if I managed to find accountancy people willing to interpret the data if I am unable to do so myself.

No, All the order said was that Citi have 21 days to supply the data and then I have 21 days to do something with the data. He also said in the event that any 3rd party analysis raised questions, that it was reasonable to expect Citi to respond direct to the third party regarding this, i.e. if I managed to find accountancy people willing to interpret the data if I am unable to do so myself.

Hi Deitus

Better still, no doubt citi will either fail to come up with the goods or try to fob the judge off with their usual £12 and £12.88 costings (without the evidence to back up their figure) looks like its all going your way... I like a happy ending..GC

• 4 weeks later...

So I went to court on 10th of July and the judge ordered Citi to provide a breakdown of their costs that justify their charges by July 31st. Surprise surprise they didn't. All they sent me were copy statements with dates highlighted to indicate charges. My question is, what do I do now? Do I wait for my hearing on 18th September or do I write to the court and request judgement by default given that they have failed to comply with the order?

So I went to court on 10th of July and the judge ordered Citi to provide a breakdown of their costs that justify their charges by July 31st. Surprise surprise they didn't. All they sent me were copy statements with dates highlighted to indicate charges. My question is, what do I do now? Do I wait for my hearing on 18th September or do I write to the court and request judgement by default given that they have failed to comply with the order?

Hi you could write to the District Judge pointing out that citi have'nt complied with the order and ask for the defence to be struck out, but citi have a crafty way of filing papers into court late, they just done that with me, only after I sent them a nudge letter, im in court next wed and only recieved their docs on monday, of course they didnt comply with the full disclosure order in my case either..Best of luck..GC

Definately write to the court.

As for what you request, depends on the wording of the order, but would be tempted to ask for judgement by default.

Would also be wise to let the court know that in all instances where the defendant has been orderred to provide a breakdown of it's costs the defendant has defaulted on every occasion including an instance at the mercantile court.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Enron you wouldn't have any details of a few of the exact cases they defaulted on would you? Not necessarily to put out publicly but to let me know in order to cite them in my letter? Obviously with the permission of those involved.

I've got a list here, but think Gizmo's is likley to have more.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 months later...

It has been a while since I updated guys, been a tad busy with college etc.

Citi failed to disclose (surprise surprise) so I filed for judgement by default. When we went back to court, the Citi representative was ill prepared and this seems to have gone majorly wrong for them. Also the fact that they didn't appeal the order to disclose but simply chose to defy it did not go down well with the Judge.

They then tried to have the case stayed pending the outcome of the test case, which I explained had no bearing on credit card cases. Apparantly it sounds like they have been successful with this tactic several times before.

Anyways the Judge declined to make give a decision there and then and advised me to go away and come up with some kind of offer to make to Citi which might win them over in light of the prospect of losing.

I decided against this and was duely rewarded when today official judgement came to me (I had had a draft ruling about a week prior) granting my claim in full :D.

I am a poor student, but rest assured, when I get my grubby mitts on the cash I will be making a donation to the site, and would like to thank everyone who helped but in particular Gizmo and Groovycaz. You are all ace people....keep fighting folks :)

Excellent work buddy!

NatWest - WON! £3350 Paid back

Vodafone - Default removed

Citicards - Judgement awarded for £1898, default remains though...for now....

Capital One- WON! Settled out of Court £392 + Default Removal!